Dead Island Remastered Collection on PS4 only has the first game on disc.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/dead-island-definitive-collection-on-ps4-only-incl/1100-6440222/

Publisher Deep Silver has been caught lying qoute:"On XB1 it is on the same disc," Deep Silver said on Twitter, replying to a fan asking whether the two games would come on separate discs. "PS4 discs don't support multiple games, so there Riptide comes as a download code."

Do you support lying pubs/devs that backtrack?

Um....what? Borderlands: The Handsome Collection and Metro: Redux both had multiple games on disc no problem. Are they really so lazy to not add a simple menu to make it work right on PS4 so both games can be included on disc?

They just lost my support and potential money. Lazy developers should not be encouraged.

• Like 2

Fucks to give are a finite resource and I plan on living a long life. I've got more important things to be mad about. Buying it when I feel like, regardless of whatever silly moral outrages people are up their own ass about for it.

Edited by damon8r351
  • Like 1

Apparently you can't have multiple multiplayer experiences on the same disc. So, either they're lying or people are calling them lazy for no reason.

"There are limitations where you are unable to have multiple multiplayer experiences on the same disc, unfortunately we can’t comment further."

Well I've never played any of their games (I don't think) and lying and being shady fucks wont get me started ... 

I was actually thinking about picking this up to, but they can't be arsed to stick a menu in and then are gonna lie about it, they can do one.

Apparently you can't have multiple multiplayer experiences on the same disc. So, either they're lying or people are calling them lazy for no reason.

They're lying. Borderlands did it ..

Well, this sucks. Ugh, I hate getting games digitally. In this case, Riptide is only digital, goddamn it. Wanted all the games on one disc.Still getting the Definitive Edition. Dunno if I'll bother on playing Riptide now, lol Game looks awful, but I was willing to give it a try. But now that it's only digital, even if you get the retail version of the collection... agh, whatever, I'll worry about it once I purchase the collection myself physically.

As someone who has played and owned Borderlands: The Handsome Collection, I call total bullshit on Deep Silver not being able to put Dead Island and Riptide all on the same disc. Bullshit. But that said, it isn't like you aren't getting Riptide at all. So you have to download it, big whup, you're still getting it, you can still play it, so what's the big issue here? Getting mine tomorrow.

I had a friend ask me the other day if I played Riptide, I was like no, don't you have to finish the game in order to play it? He laughed. They should make this stuff a little more clearer imo.. With the disc, I literally thought both games were on it just like The Uncharted Collection for example.. where I could select what game I wanted to play, but for some reason I thought you'd have to play through the entire game to unlock it.. I mean, that sounds reasonable right?

I also just noticed it in the PlayStation store today when I was scrolling down the new games, it said I had purchased a game digitally, it had said Dead Island Riptide.. I was like wow.. 

Longstory short, the devs could've been civilized people and put it on two discs or make it knowledgeable for people like myself who don't look more into the game on the internet and wonder, it' supposed to be two games, why do I only have one..

Edited by DuckSwimmer

If you bought Dead Island Definitive Collection, then you don't have just one or two games, but three. I really don't get what all this fuss is about...?

Some of us dont like digital copies of games. Id be a little upset, i much prefer physical copies of my games.

And also, i believe the point is more that the Devs are lying to our faces, not what they are lying about.

If you bought Dead Island Definitive Collection, then you don't have just one or two games, but three. I really don't get what all this fuss is about...?

Just how they weren't able to put both games on the disc, claiming that PlayStation doesn't support that. If you've played Borderlands the Handsome Collection or The Uncharted Collection, you know when you start up a game, you have the option to chose which one you'd like to play. Essentially meaning that all of the games are already on one disc. With Dead Island being on the disc &Riptide not, but being a downloadable, that's an disc installation(which doesn't take long) &an update for Dead Island.. and a game installation for Riptide which does take longer and even depending on people's internet connections, it could be a while.. and then the updates for the game. Just how developers lied I assume is what's fuming people how they couldn't simply put both games on one disc. I know that retro game came with it too, but that's a digital code only.. at least they make that pretty clear.. They don't make the fact that Riptide isn't on the disc clear enough imo since as I wrote above, I was confused why it only showed that I could play Dead Island. For people who aren't like us who check the internet for stuff like this, get frustrated, bring the game back to wherever they bought it from and demands a refund because "the game only came with one game" (still not including that retro one.. lol) It makes it more difficult for everyone.. the people who like physical things because it can be more convenient and for the people who are clueless, such as myself.

..I ramble a lot, I apologize.

Have they not heard of the Nathan Drake Collection? 3 games on one disc. I'm actually a fan of digitally gaming but that was a stupid thing to say.

Edited by Splathew

That sucks.

This game got no official release in germany, so i have to order it in the UK. But does the download code work?!

Canceled!

Ordered the austrian version. It comes with two discs. But a higher price.  :angry:

Edited by tagiXD

SERIOUSLY disappointed...I bought the game just 2 days ago, thinking the main 2 games were on disc (The package makes it clear that retro rampage is a DL...not riptide!! Had I known this, I wouldn't have made the purchase.

I also call BS on them not being able to put both games on disc, I have in on XB1 and all 3 games play off disc...sigh.

I also call BS on them not being able to put both games on disc, I have in on XB1 and all 3 games play off disc...sigh.

The XBOX One version has ALL THREE games on one disc? 

While I have no problem with digital downloads for games, (doesn't make a difference to me) there really is no excuse for not being able to put DI and DI Riptide on one disc for the PS4 version. 

The XBOX One version has ALL THREE games on one disc? 

While I have no problem with digital downloads for games, (doesn't make a difference to me) there really is no excuse for not being able to put DI and DI Riptide on one disc for the PS4 version. 

Yep, all 3 are on disc. I really with Riptide was on disc for PS4...Ah well. Used copies will sell much better on XB1 lol

They did this with Sly on Vita too...except they crammed 2 games on the cart and ran out of space before including a download code.

Straight up baloney,cheers for the post, I'll probably not pick up the physical version now, as long as I'm still getting a digital copy of Riptide I may as well pay the cheaper digital price.