The last game you raged in.

fang7744

Battleborn
and Tom Clancy's The Division- Flamethrower dudes killing me constantly luckily I managed to get pass that mission but still was a pain though.
Battleborn because I was at the end of the level and died had to restart the entire chapter over and my level reset. 
Probably a dumb question but does your level only save after the chapter is completed?
Still kind of like both games though. I just wish battleborn saved my characters level at least. So it wouldn't have seemed like a wasted effort.

Mine is similar...

Wow, it's really hard for me to think of an answer right now. I've been doing fine with most of the games I've played lately, I guess. Years ago when I was about to beat Final Fantasy XIII I raged when I died and hadn't saved in hours... so I quit trying to play the game for about three months. I finally did get back to it and I think I beat it the day I started playing again. I was seriously that close to the end.

I played FF XIII for 12 hours straight, on the road to the platinum and I had done nothing but the Cieth missions all the way up to the Titan Trials (around the 50 mark). I turned my ps3 off thinking I had saved it, went back half an hour later and saw my low level scum standing there like they had achieved greatness. I didn't go back to it for a good year or two after that!

• 6 years later...

Well I get mad in most games I play, though honestly I tend to just drop anything that's too up to the ears in bullshit (which is most games I've tried lately, I think the Souls phenomena has made every game developer want to make their game that perfect level of challenging instead of erring on the side of fun... and most miss the mark horribly for someone like me who is just somewhere between average to good at most genres).

Life is too short.  So it rarely gets to the point of raging.

However, NHL 22 online.  Play against someone who "games" that game too much, and it's the emotional equivalent of some snot-nosed shit poking your face for 20-30 minutes straight, and every time you try to swat them away you miss and slap yourself.  After about 10 minutes of that, you're just about ready to kill something.  I broke my Xbox Series controller when I whipped it as hard as I could into the wall three or four times, and had to order a new one.  I don't play NHL 22 anymore.

Edited by Dreakon13

Hotline Miami 2 hard mode.  Kicking my ass.  I even have a heavy bag in the next room of where I game specifically for these instances, but I still had to take apart my controller to reset the position of R2 from where I spiked it.  Read all the reviews of people who loved the 1st game, but hated the 2nd.  Played it anyway, and now I'm agreeing with all those reviews.

Beating The Evil Within in Akumu Mode. Basically one hit death mode. Which is required to do to get the platinum trophy. I went in with a guide and ended up finishing with less death than I had if I went in blind. Regardless it's still a pain due to RNG of enemy behavior and certain levels really feel like they weren't built for the mode at all.

• 4 weeks later...

Uncharted 2 on Crushing difficulty. I recently decided I'd plat Uncharted 1-3 and while Uncharted 1 wasn't exactly easy I found Uncharted 2 to be much more frustrating because of the large amount of ridiculous bullet sponge enemies. It got to the point where I wasn't happy anymore to have made it, I just wanted to forget about it and never touch the game again. I'm dreading to try Uncharted 3 on Crushing and for the sake of my own sanity I won't be trying any Brutal difficulty runs so that means I won't get 100% in any of the games.

Simply put, Crushing difficulty can go f**k itself.

Edited by Janire1911
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Janire1911 said:

Uncharted 2 on Crushing difficulty. I recently decided I'd plat Uncharted 1-3 and while Uncharted 1 wasn't exactly easy I found Uncharted 2 to be much more frustrating because of the large amount of ridiculous bullet sponge enemies. It got to the point where I wasn't happy anymore to have made it, I just wanted to forget about it and never touch the game again. I'm dreading to try Uncharted 3 on Crushing and for the sake of my own sanity I won't be trying any Brutal difficulty runs so that means I won't get 100% in any of the games.

It's a thing people rarely talk about, but should be talked about. 

Sometimes, you shouldn't platinum games you love. Cause if the platinum is very frustrating, it can ruin the game for you. 

26 minutes ago, TomataEighty9 said:

It's a thing people rarely talk about, but should be talked about. 

Sometimes, you shouldn't platinum games you love. Cause if the platinum is very frustrating, it can ruin the game for you. 

I absolutely agree. The biggest problem I have with Crushing difficulty is that it feels so unfair and artificially difficult and that's what makes it frustrating. Enemies kill you in one hit from across the map, you get instakilled right after spawning before you have a chance to react, enemies suddenly spawn in behind you etc. What kept me from completely losing my mind is that fortunately the game is relatively generous with checkpoints, often having one in the middle of a big fight for example so you rarely lose a lot of progress when you die.

An example of a game that does difficulty right is Bloodborne. In it I really struggled with Defiled Amygdala, I think it took me two days and 50+ attempts before I finally beat it. But I never got frustrated because it never felt that the game was cheating or unfair. If you failed it was your own fault and not because the game suddenly decided to just randomly kill you. When I finally beat the fight I just felt immense satisfaction instead of frustration.

• Like 1

Beside losing my shit when I realized I can't buy PS5 due financial reasons, last time I raged becouse of game was Yakuza Like A Dragon. The fact that they went from quick, button-mashing fighting to based-on-turns combat makes me sick to my stomach. Still, I finished this game, and though I love Yakuza games, I might take a break from this series.

Yesterday in Kingdoms of Amalur. I was doing a quest where I had to fight this guy for his armor, and he spawns in 2 Crudok's to help him. One of these is annoying enough...but 2 plus him made it a headache, but nothing I couldn't handle. So both of them are almost dead and then they just stop, turn around and start walking back to their original location...the problem is, I catch up to them and start slashing at them again, but their health just respawns and they pay me no mind until they get back to their original position and start fighting again. But during this time the other guy kills me right as I take a health potion...which means I have to do this all over again. But to further stick it to me...the game apparently auto-saved right as I died, so every time it loaded I was dying again...so I had to load an earlier save and re-do several things before I was back at that point. 

But it just set me off, cussing at my TV. It's an open world game...but it's like theirs invisible barriers during battles and if you leave it the fight has to stop and the enemies respawn their health, and it was just annoying. Putting the work in against annoying enemies only to have them respawn their health, then the save getting messed up on top of it. It was a good recipe for raging. I got over it though and got through it. 

• 2 weeks later...

I had a very rage inducing moment with the final boss of Outriders. He is literally impossible to beat on the higher world tiers. Of course me being stubborn I tried and I tried until I finally gave in and lowered the world tier so I can beat the game. I'd say my pride was hurt, but he is so broken that it's just plain unfair.

Rumbleverse. Almost daily. It's a vicious cycle with the game. I play a couple of matches, get eliminated by some total bullshit and then quit...only to come back the next day.

It's not that I like the game - far from it. I don't think it's very good. It's cheap, unbalanced in a lot of areas and not something I can see lasting long. However, there's a denim outfit in the battlepass and should I ever come back at a later date when there's more to the game, that's the outfit I'd want to wear.

The FOMO has me bad. Still, less than 10 levels to go.

On 09/09/2022 at 0:17 PM, Janire1911 said:

That's interesting that you think Uncharted 1 was easier on Crushing. I've done Uncharted 2 on crushing and it was obviously very hard but it was doable. But I dread the thought of even attempting 1 on crushing, because it has a number of very aggravating sections, even on lower difficulties.

I rage pretty easily in video games. Most notable one recently was Sonic Colours: Ultimate. During one of the final levels your being chased down a corridor section and the mini boss fires lasers at you, with no indicator which lasers will be fired. I look at the Wii version being played on youtube, and turns out on that the enemy has massive lights on it to show which laser will be fired, so you can actually make a decision to dodge. The PS4 version did not have this, so it was a game off having stay very far away, so I could move lane very very quickly.

Edited by ThroughTheIris56

46 minutes ago, Baranov_925 said:

Despite all my rage, I'm still raging at FPS's. And now I was playing COD and when I get killed like 5-6 times, I just lost it and threw empty can of ice ten in the wall.

Bro, you got a mad arm on you if you can throw things that penetrate a wall

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/28/2016 at 3:45 AM, Lord_of_Ra said:

Gradius_III_Japanese_Arcade_flyer.jpg

When you lose a life after all the hardwork of getting decent upgrades...So enraging and humiliating xD

OMG, I agree 110%! If you lose a life and restart from a bad checkpoint in Gradius III, good luck recovering.

I'll say the original 2020 build of the XIII remake. A certain unavoidable enemy was present in that one... the dreaded game crash which struck whenever it felt like it. I'm so glad they replaced the original developer with Tower Five.