FINAL FANTASY XIV Patch 3.3 - Revenge of the Horde

That boss in the new raid looks really like the FFIX super boss (forgot his name).

maxresdefault.jpg

If my memory serves me correctly, that's Ozma.

Add Deuce and I'm starting to play :awesome:

Given the amount of Type-0 collaboration going on, I think they'll add her hairstyle somewhere down the road.  :lol:

the only thing that keep me away from this game is the Online Only BS!

I love these type of RPG's. you know, like the ones that looks like an MMO but can be played offline too like Xenoblade chronicle, when FF XIV was out on ps3 I was so close to buy in a price drop but a friend of mine on PSN bought it first I asked her if I can play it offline if I wanted and she replied "Nope! if you don't have Internet this game will be a glorified paperweight"...

my Internet is among the worst out there.

the only thing that keep me away from this game is the Online Only BS!

I love these type of RPG's. you know, like the ones that looks like an MMO but can be played offline too like Xenoblade chronicle, when FF XIV was out on ps3 I was so close to buy in a price drop but a friend of mine on PSN bought it first I asked her if I can play it offline if I wanted and she replied "Nope! if you don't have Internet this game will be a glorified paperweight"...

my Internet is among the worst out there.

FFXIV is an MMORPG (not just a replication)..  of course it's going to be Online Only.

Edited by DEMON
  • Like 2

I really need to start playing this game again.

Forgotten how much fun it was, even though I played it pretty much solo.

Thats what ff14 is so awesome about , you can play pretty much everything solo (with random ppl) ... dungeon  and raid finder , matchmaking .... you dont need to be in a full guild . 

And solo content (like relic quests) is a lot too.

• Like 3

Thats what ff14 is so awesome about , you can play pretty much everything solo (with random ppl) ... dungeon  and raid finder , matchmaking .... you dont need to be in a full guild . 

You're not wrong. I didn't get too far into it and with the constant updates they keep adding, I'm tempted to brush backlog away for a while and just play this.

Try doing Alexander Savage solo. :P

It won't be able to be done until much later.  Those raids need a static really.  I was into raiding when it was Coils of Bahamut, relying on Party Finder alone was tough for those so when I went into a static, we were getting consistent clears on things and nights with definite practice.  I'll just let you know I spent a few months on Turn 9 in Party Finder.. I had absolutely no luck until one random day in a random party, the tank seen me playing and said they needed a good DRG in their static, took me on and we cleared Turn 9 within one go.

Also, just a note, Raid Finder can only be used for Alexander Midas right now as it's only for the current raids.  I don't really see what good it will do either.. there is no way to check on what phases people have got to (besides keeping an eye on how they react to mechanics as I had an AST join a Thordan Extreme kill party I was in a while back that didn't even know how to avoid Phase 1 gaze..), so you will still have people lying about their progress.  The only good it will do is those that want to farm for their weekly chests; since only people who have clears could join those.

Edited by DEMON

Try doing Alexander Savage solo. :P

It won't be able to be done until much later.  Those raids need a static really.  I was into raiding when it was Coils of Bahamut, relying on Party Finder alone was tough for those so when I went into a static, we were getting consistent clears on things and nights with definite practice.  I'll just let you know I spent a few months on Turn 9 in Party Finder.. I had absolutely no luck until one random day in a random party, the tank seen me playing and said they needed a good DRG in their static, took me on and we cleared Turn 9 within one go.

Also, just a note, Raid Finder can only be used for Alexander Midas right now as it's only for the current raids.  I don't really see what good it will do either.. there is no way to check on what phases people have got to (besides keeping an eye on how they react to mechanics as I had an AST join a Thordan Extreme kill party I was in a while back that didn't even know how to avoid Phase 1 gaze..), so you will still have people lying about their progress.  The only good it will do is those that want to farm for their weekly chests; since only people who have clears could join those.

ok .... pretty much everything is doable except newest raid content ... but i was never missing the "3 days a week raiding" in ff14 , so much to do without raiding .  But extreme modes is possible without static, you need little bit luck on finding groups but it was always doable for me.

Dont get me wrong , i was raiding in wow every week for a long time .  But now i dont have the time for that and ff14 is still full of content . Other mmos are nothing without raiding. :)

ok .... pretty much everything is doable except newest raid content ... but i was never missing the "3 days a week raiding" in ff14 , so much to do without raiding .  But extreme modes is possible without static, you need little bit luck on finding groups but it was always doable for me.

Dont get me wrong , i was raiding in wow every week for a long time .  But now i dont have the time for that and ff14 is still full of content . Other mmos are nothing without raiding. :)

Yep, extreme modes are possible as their mechanics are a little more forgiving.  Not possible within the first couple of weeks for players outside of static though.  I done Thordan in about the end of the second week, with a mixture of players I knew and players I regulary found via Party Finder while practicing and keeping them in my friends list and just giving them all a /tell when I was going for the kill to see if they would have been interested partying up.  I'm joining a raiding FC soon again, even though I am retired from raiding they usually run Extreme parties for all of the FC.. so I shouldn't really have to bother with PF anymore.

Yea, raiding statics can get quite draining after a while, it's partly the reason why I retired from the hardcore raiding in FFXIV.  I only stand-in every now and again if my any of my friends need the extra person.

• 4 months later...