How difficult to platinum?

What I mean by this is, am wondering if it's like Sly 3 with all the Master Challenges, with times challenges and such.

Really enjoyed playing through Sly 1 and 2 and getting platinum for them. But 3, with all the additional master challenges got to be a real drag, and by the time I finished grinding through all of them really wasn't having any fun at all.

Noticed 4 has arcade games and such, is it like the master challenges from 3, where you end up having to do things a million times to get it right. 

Know there are going to be some people who will say, "What! They were easy!" Well that's good for you, but think most were like me and found many quite hard and others just down right monotonous.  

About the challenges/arcade games, the only one that is complicate is the sixaxis one, specifically one of them, the other challenges are easy.

There's some grind in the game, I recommend you to use Carmelita the Old West chapter, she is quick and and her weapon a pistol, so you have some range there, run and shoot some minutes and you will get a lot of points to buy ALL the upgrades you need.

Oh, I almost forgot, there's one activity where you need to do exercises, a little tricky.

Edited by GoldenShaka

if we are comparing it to Sly 3 in terms of game difficulty.. I find Sly 4 easier...

but... if we are talking about collectibles and trophy requirements... I find Sly 4 harder.. well, rather... more annoying...

so.. if I am going to rate it.. I'd say.. 3/10 I guess

• Like 1

Wow, thanks for all the responses. Sounds like all and all it's not as bad as Sly 3, so that's good to hear.

Should do something else for a little while all the same though and come back to it in a bit. Just recently did Ico, a few Ratchet and Clanks, the Jak Collection, and the Sly Collection. So think I need to take a break from platform influenced games for a while.

Will be back to it before too long though I'm sure. Will keep watching here for any other tips and such as well. (Like using Carmelita in old west, etc.) Thanks again. 

if we are comparing it to Sly 3 in terms of game difficulty.. I find Sly 4 easier...

but... if we are talking about collectibles and trophy requirements... I find Sly 4 harder.. well, rather... more annoying...

so.. if I am going to rate it.. I'd say.. 3/10 I guess

Jam pretty much summed my words exactly.

the sly cooper thieves in time if bought on a ps3 is cross-buy with the vita.... completing it on one platform gets the trophy's for the other through cloud save.

but as the others say. maybe a 3-4 on the difficulty level if anything the hardest things are the treasures and maybe finding all the bottles (highly recommend saving those for the endgame).

• 5 weeks later...

Have made it to episode 4 and am really having a good time with this one. Haven't opened up or tried any of the arcade games yet but the main game is just the right amount of challenge to keep it fun for a mediocre player like myself. 

Course personally don't mind searching around every little nock and cranny to find bottles and such, as long as I have all the time in the world to do it.

Plat'd yesterday. Have to say, think it's the best game of the bunch. Surprisingly as it's done by a different Dev. Think they got the mechanic's, variety of characters and abilities, worlds, etc down very well. The degree of difficulty was in my opinion just right,(well except for one thing, see below) keeping it challenging and interesting, but not annoying to the point where you had to do something a few dozen times to get it right.

The one exception, at least for me, was getting the high score in the Japanese "Alter Ego" arcade! 25000 points, that was ridiculous! The only saving grace was, after that, expected the last one (Paris) to be insanely hard. But it was a piece of cake after Japan. 

Thanks to everyone here for your input. 

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
On 28 May 2016 at 10:37 PM, Karmikazee said:

What I mean by this is, am wondering if it's like Sly 3 with all the Master Challenges, with times challenges and such.

Really enjoyed playing through Sly 1 and 2 and getting platinum for them. But 3, with all the additional master challenges got to be a real drag, and by the time I finished grinding through all of them really wasn't having any fun at all.

Noticed 4 has arcade games and such, is it like the master challenges from 3, where you end up having to do things a million times to get it right. 

Know there are going to be some people who will say, "What! They were easy!" Well that's good for you, but think most were like me and found many quite hard and others just down right monotonous.  

It's easy and if u own a vita u can use it to find all collectibles and u can also auto pop the trophies for 2 platinums just like sound shapes.

3 minutes ago, afc-razor-84 said:

if u own a vita u can use it to find all collectibles

I remember trying this back when I played the game and I could never get it to work. I don't know if I was just doing it wrong, but I'm sure I followed the steps correctly... :S But yes, even without that, it's an easy platinum. I'd consider it a pretty quick one too.

• Like 1

Just now, Undead Wolf said:

I remember trying this back when I played the game and I could never get it to work. I don't know if I was just doing it wrong, but I'm sure I followed the steps correctly... :S But yes, even without that, it's an easy platinum. I'd consider it a pretty quick one too.

U just have to press the L1 button on the vita, and then u can see the orange collectibles through the walls or on rooftops?

• Like 1

• 6 years later...

For PS3 trophy standards? It's an easy plat. Very generous checkpoint system that can be abused makes, what would have been, very difficult trophies to get like Cloud City much easier and basically no challenge at all as you get unlimited attempts to re-do sections you messed up without penalty. The only real challenge are the arcade games. 

For modern PS5 trophy standards? It's a decent challenge in comparison to all the easy peasy games of today. 

If this game were released today, it'd be like a 5/10 difficulty but for the PS3 standards? It's more like a 3/10.