Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
vitaminaeffe

Hope

11 posts in this topic

Regarding this trophy...I really have no more HOPE to take this one.

It's simply impossible to me. I start the mission with 20.000$, 440 citizens and 60% level of support.

I have two full upgraded military forts and some towers.

When mission starts, in a short time I am in trouble. I am constantly with no money. Citizens fleeing from the city and no more support.

Nobody wants to work in the towers and I can't survive to the invasion...

Any advice please?

You need to have a stronger economy as a starting point. If i remember rightly there is a mission 2 or 3 before hope where, because of your time travelling antics you have the inside scoop on investments. You generate heaps and heaps of cash. Basically you use that mission to prepare for hope as you use the same island. Delay completing the objective and concentrate on building a rock solid economy and strong political support. If you know the winning conditions for hope in advance you can even have them in place before you start it so they auto complete as soon as they come up.

Thanks Cleggworth!

I understand your advice. The mission you said is the 11th and Hope is the 15th...the problem is, because of the autosaving, I have no save file of that mission...

So...are you told me I have to replay the entire campaign?! :S

If i recall correctly, you can start from the 11th mission anyway and just go from there to the end and get your trophy! 

If i recall correctly, you can start from the 11th mission anyway and just go from there to the end and get your trophy! 

I tried but I didn't find the way...

Maybe you can choose a mission only after finishing the game once?

Edited by vitaminaeffe

Thanks Cleggworth!

I understand your advice. The mission you said is the 11th and Hope is the 15th...the problem is, because of the autosaving, I have no save file of that mission...

So...are you told me I have to replay the entire campaign?! :S

Unfortunately yes. Always make a manual save at the beginning of a mission so you can go back to it if necessary Edited by Cleggworth

Have you dropped the difficulty level down? It took me three/four times before I could get this. I was in the same boat, with not enough preparations. Once I lowered the difficulty, I managed to scrape by the first invasions. The popularity is what killed me next. Just make sure you can shut down any rebellions because your popularity will probably plummet and not get high enough to get the election win.

Otherwise, my recommendation would be to start over. Sucks, but it should go quicker now that you know what you're doing.

Yes, I tried with lower difficult and it was useless. I tried a lot of times in any different way...never worked.

The only chance I have is to restart from the beginning and during the 11th mission I have to prepare the island from the last one mission.

But now I think i'm gonna take a break with this game :hmm: I will try again later...thanks Kira!

That's unfortunate. Hopefully you enjoyed the game, otherwise that's gonna be a long play through. At least you have the other trophies. Good luck!

Edit: Make sure to save before each mission so you can go back to a previous load if you get stuck again! I titled mine with the names of the missions so it was easier. Also, beware of the saving glitch that I made a thread about. Basically, if it freaks out when autosaving, try to create a new save file once it starts doing it. It wouldn't make a manual one for me and deleted the one I tried to overwrite. 

Edited by KiraxKira

Ok, ok thanks for your advice!

I actually have the saving problem. I can't save manually and autosave doesn't work.

Anyway, as I said, now I play Far Cry Primal beacuse I want a break. Then I'll return to Tropico and I will restart a new campaing starting from a new save file and a new dinasty.

I will remember to save before each mission as you told me.

I "HOPE" to take this platinum trophy asap :)