Trophy discussion

Vergil

DDasE,

Thank you! I am the developer.

What are you criticisms or suggestions relating to the trophies? Please share with me.

Welcome! It seems you are a member on every site :D

I think he wants a harder list  xD

DPatriot,

I try to be everywhere! I hope it is a good thing. It helps me to connect with gamers in their arena. Google Alerts guides me and takes me strange places at times (even though I already knew of this site and thought I was a member).

As for harder trophies... I don't know. They might be hard enough! I will wait and let you see! P.S. My guess at first was criticism of no platinum. I wish I could have given you all a platinum.

I see, props to you sir for doing that ( no thumbs up smiley lol )

Thing is. These days people take in count the trophies on what games they gonna play sadly. Not accusing DDasE here. 

If game has to hard trophies people will try and stay away from it. Same thing with no platinum. Many have forgotten that we used to play for fun first and foremost.

Also since this is shmup game which is a niche genre. Which sadly not many people play. But if it turns out to be an easy 100% more will probably buy than if it was a hard one :)

I personally will keep an eye on it :)

Edited by DPatriot

DPatriot,

I try to be everywhere! I hope it is a good thing. It helps me to connect with gamers in their arena. Google Alerts guides me and takes me strange places at times (even though I already knew of this site and thought I was a member).

As for harder trophies... I don't know. They might be hard enough! I will wait and let you see! P.S. My guess at first was criticism of no platinum. I wish I could have given you all a platinum.

First of all, I must say this is by far the most interesting thread I have ever seen in all my time here (so tired about useless threads in forums) The fact that the developer of the game wants to get feedback from the community really amuses me. 

Your game looks really really good, you have already sold me the game. 

About the trophies, because the price he is not allowed to add a platinum trophy, but as long as the game is enjoyable, that does not matter for me. If you demand an indie game with platinum trophy or you won't play it , better I will ommit what I am about to say. 

I am amazed to talk with people like you, who puts effort and passion in creating a thing that I am sure delighted you in your childhood. 

If (I hope) in the future you continue creating more games I can give you a tip: a lot of people judge the game for the trophies, if it's hard enough it will sell less regrettably and in this case is determinant, because your game is an indie and hasn't a mass of players yet like other franchises.

What could you do? . You can create a game with a platinum with standard difficulty and if the game sell enough and your team works in a DLC, the real challenge could be put: something like survive arcade mode in 1CC on hardest difficulty :P . but as long as the game have no platinum, I recommend you a standard difficulty around 2-6 /10 . 

Hope my words have supported you . 

Have a nice day inspirational man, wish I can do someday my own game too... 

Edited by er_campanario
  • Like 1

What could you do? . You can create a game with a platinum with standard difficulty and if the game sell enough and your team works in a DLC, the real challenge could be put: something like survive arcade mode in 1CC on hardest difficulty :P . but as long as the game have no platinum, I recommend you a standard difficulty around 2-6 /10 . 

I think people generally get pissed off when additional trophies significantly raise the difficulty bar, especially if they had already achieved 100% completion beforehand.

Look at Need for Speed, 100% went from a 3/10 to at least an 8/10 because of the latest free update. There are a lot of people who are really quite mad about that.

@Xonatron

DPatriot,

At first, thank you so much for your reply.

Don't worry about the Platinum, that's not a problem.

Your game looks good itself.

My suggestion about " harder trophies ", would be something like:

Arcade 1CC Clear: Clear the game with 1 credit ( for example ).

Can't touch this: Complete the game without being touched.

Perfect Score: Clear the game on the highest difficult with 3.000.000 pts.

Those ones are pretty simple examples about what I was talking.

For sure, they seem so be hardcore, anyway, I'll buy your game, be sure.

Hard trophies, in my opinion, just in my opinion, make the game more interesting and longer at least for me !

Regards,

DDasE

Welcome! It seems you are a member on every site :D

I think he wants a harder list  xD

Hey mate! Yeah, I'm a member on almost every single web jajajajajajaja, glad to see you there too ^^.

hi all =) i just bought the game yesterday, amazing. well worth the price. and one of the best looking games i have seen in a wile.  xonatron thank you for bringing this game to the playstation. i will keep my eye on your future projects.

personally i don't think this game is hard enough, i would have preferred a trophy for each difficulty. i havnt tried harder difficulties so i will probably regret saying that lol but for instance on my first try i made it to the second last level. and I'm no expert. 

this game reminds me of dodon pachi maximum 

http://psnprofiles.com/STAR-SOLDlER#

Edited by STAR-SOLDlER

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

@Xonatron

Dunno if you see this or respond. But what about the nordic countries, will they get the game?

You announced it getting released for rest of europe but it didn´t for everyone.

I noticed this post on .org that seems to answer your question http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/5676336-post8.html

Also, for anyone having problems with getting the trophies in this game, I highly advise you play this game with more people, esp Quickie and Big Game.

Quickie, I tried doing by myself with dual ships and solo, and best I got was 10.6 seconds by myself (I also tried using 2-3 controllers by myself, but that was a disaster). Using 2ppl with dual ship mode, made the goal a lot easier to hit.

As for Big Game, even in a 1LC on normal, there is actually a good chance you won't break a 20mil score on a boss because your times won't be fast enough. Having the extra fire power on the later bosses makes a huge difference on times and score.

On top of all that, when playing with multiple players, when you have no lives left, players will respawn after 10 seconds assuming at least 1 person is still alive, so as long as someone you're playing with can survive for 10 seconds, you can clear the game, making Conquer and Mastered more accessible for players not at good at shmups.

(You can also use more players to make more trailing options spawn, for you to get your 32 chain faster)

While the game is quite fun to play solo, the game does highly encourage you to give multiplayer a shot, even with no so good players.

Edited by bladesoframen