Is anyone going to buy it again?

If your first opportunity to delve into the Resident Evil series is by purchasing RE5 for PS4 or Xbox1, then by all means, put aside your fears and buy this game. I think it's only $20 and the co-op should be fun.

For those of us who've grown a bit jaded with the RE5, perhaps because of having already explored every possible facet it has to offer in the attempt for the platinum (or succumbing to plain old morbid curiosity) or because RE5 has been available on multiple platforms since its initial release, I don't really see too much incentive to repurchase a game that quite honestly, exhibits more fine tinkering than a marked overhaul.

Remasters for the PS4, of such games as God of War III, The Last of Us, Resident Evil 4-6, Uncharted 1-3, Batman Arkham, to name several, still look and play great on the PS3. We're not talking about huge graphical overhauls (including resolution upgrades) or even some type of major user interface alternative. But again, very appealing to anyone who missed out on the originals or can't play them anymore despite wishing to engage in a replay or two.

Edited by AdventCloud7

I was one of the suckers who got it around its original release thinking it was a real Resident Evil. Meaning survival horror. I'm not criticizing anyone who enjoys it for what it is. It just isn't a survival horror to me. So I'm done with RE until they go back to the survival horror roots. This thing is too much a cover based coop shooter. Not what I'm looking for in RE.

• Like 2

Nope! I don't have a ps4 yet, but I still have the ps3's gold edition, me and my brother played the split screen Coop like a thousand of times and plated the game on both me and my brother's account and we beat Desperate Escape on professional difficulty a couple of times, and I played through the story mode extra four times using the PS move ( I think the game is way more fun with the Move controller ) played a few online matches... never enjoy them as the server was so laggy at the time and the leader board is freaking full of hackers.

yeah, pretty much I did everything in the game that had to be done. this is one of the very few games in my house that I squeezed every single penny out of it.

Is it coming out soon?I hope its like 20 bucks not 39.99 lol

well RE6 is a newer game on the franchise and it was already released some months ago for the PS4 and its price was $19.99, so since this is an even older game i don't think the price will be any higher, it will probably also cost $19.99

Remasters for the PS4, of such games as God of War III, The Last of Us, Resident Evil 4-6, Uncharted 1-3, Batman Arkham, to name several, still look and play great on the PS3. We're not talking about huge graphical overhauls (including resolution upgrades) or even some type of major user interface alternative. But again, very appealing to anyone who missed out on the originals or can't play them anymore despite wishing to engage in a replay or two.

they still look good on the ps3, but at least in the case of the last of us and the nathan drake collection they have been remastered with 60fps on the ps4 and they run much better now, of course if you have already played them is still not a great incentive to buy them again.

but have you seen comparison images between the ps3 and ps4 version of dead island? that is a great graphical overhaul, because from what i read they changed the graphic engine and used the one from dying light for the ps4 version: http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/35687-dead-island-ps3-vs-ps4-impressive-graphic-comparison/

I was one of the suckers who got it around its original release thinking it was a real Resident Evil. Meaning survival horror. I'm not criticizing anyone who enjoys it for what it is. It just isn't a survival horror to me. So I'm done with RE until they go back to the survival horror roots. This thing is too much a cover based coop shooter. Not what I'm looking for in RE.

i'm more of a fan of the horror ones too, have you played the RE Revelations series? they tried to go back to the horror routs with that series although it still has some action elements from the recent main entries, but that is the most survival horror thing that capcom is capable of doing now, so goodbye forever fixed camera angles, ink ribbons, puzzles that are actually hard, enemies that can't be kicked or punched, no upgrading weapons, etc... i will truly miss that stuff that actually reinforced its survival horror aspect.

Edited by smellslikejavier

Nope, never cared about the series.

I'm more interested in RE 4 since it will break people's hearts thinking it will have platinum trophy this time.

The damn P.R.L 412 & Hand Cannon were a bleep... I am almost positive they will be a trophy lol. However I would do it all over again.

Naah, the trophies are a pain in the ass, so if I ever want to play it again, which is unlikely, I'll buy it on Steam for peanuts.

well my pc is shitty and i don't want to waste money just to upgrade and be able to play newer games so i will never buy games like this on steam, so thankfully they made this remaster for ps4 and a i can enjoy it without a problem.

also to have the playstation's exclusive platinum.

Edited by smellslikejavier
  • Like 2

A few more details....

This port will include the "Unlimited Mode" which was exclusive to the PC version. Also it will feature a new mode called "The Mercenaries United"... on said mode you can finally play as the characters that were featured on regular Mercenaries & Mercenaries Reunion.

l_574cf53120dd4.jpg

l_574cf53128ad4.jpg

• Like 3

A few more details....

This port will include the "Unlimited Mode" which was exclusive to the PC version. Also it will feature a new mode called "The Mercenaries United"... on said mode you can finally play as the characters that were featured on regular Mercenaries & Mercenaries Reunion.

l_574cf53120dd4.jpg

l_574cf53128ad4.jpg

It would be cool if they added those characters to Versus.

Really enjoyed Resident Evil 5. It was let down by the fact the A.I. Partner was just god damn awful but in co-op with a friend saved this game. 

I will get it again as long as I have a co-op partner. I am going to see if my friend who I did this last time is in for it, if not, maybe one of you lovely people could help me save the world? 

(I wanna be Chris <3

Yes, I definitely buy it again. As a RE loyalty, no matter what good or bad rating the game has, I will buy any RE game which Capcom releases from day one. However, I'm not sure I should buy Umbrella Corps or not, if the game is fun like Operation Raccoon City's online mode, then I may give it a try.