Trophy list discussion

QuentinCle95

So excited to replay this amazing game for the trophies! After playing this on pc a couple months ago, I already have a pretty good feel of how to achieve most of those trophies, looks like a fun list. Anyone else re-playing for the trophies? Anyone stoked to get a chance for the first time? Trophy opinions? :)

I may try my hand at creating a guide for this already, so if anyone else is up for that, lemme know :)

Edited by QuentinCle95
  • Like 1

The difficulty is definitely a 1/10: the gameplay is almost completely conversation-based. Think Life Is Strange, with less puzzles and fetch-quests.

Tediousness is another matter. I think at least 4 complete playthroughs are required for platinum: Thicker Than Water, New Beginnings, I'm the Firestarter and The Strong, Silent Type are all mutually exclusive, if I remember right.

That said, each playthrough will offer alot of new dialogue throughout the game, so it's not like playing an identical game 4 times without variation. A first playthrough can take 4-6 hours (as I do advise you to take your time and soak it all up), and the collectible run will also probably be around 6-7 hours, but speeding through it may make it a 3-4 hour game, making the total playtime required around 13-17 hours, which really isn't all that bad.

Edited by QuentinCle95
  • Like 1

The difficulty is definitely a 1/10: the gameplay is almost completely conversation-based. Think Life Is Strange, with less puzzles and fetch-quests.

Tediousness is another matter. I think at least 4 complete playthroughs are required for platinum: Thicker Than Water, New Beginnings, I'm the Firestarter and The Strong, Silent Type are all mutually exclusive, if I remember right.

That said, each playthrough will offer alot of new dialogue throughout the game, so it's not like playing an identical game 4 times without variation. A first playthrough can take 4-6 hours (as I do advise you to take your time and soak it all up), and the collectible run will also probably be around 6-7 hours, but speeding through it may make it a 3-4 hour game, making the total playtime required around 13-17 hours, which really isn't all that bad.

I believe it was only 3 playthroughs for me if I remember right? Just follow the Achievement guide on xboxachievements and you can get it in roughly a day or so.

Now that you mention it, Thicker than Water and I Am The Firestarter are compatible, my bad. So are The Strong Silent Type and Thicker Than Water.

Kinda sad that there already is a guide for this, I was really looking forward to making one myself :P 

Edited by QuentinCle95

Right! I'll get on it if there isn't one made within the next 3 weeks

(Unfortunately I'm unable to activate the trophy list on my profile because I'm not at home for the next couple of weeks, so I can't start writing a guide just yet :/ )

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Right! I'll get on it if there isn't one made within the next 3 weeks

(Unfortunately I'm unable to activate the trophy list on my profile because I'm not at home for the next couple of weeks, so I can't start writing a guide just yet :/ )

Hi there, do you think you will still be working on a trophy guide for this game? Unless you don't have any time.

Hi there, do you think you will still be working on a trophy guide for this game? Unless you don't have any time.

I haven't been able to yet because I've been incredibly busy with school (and low on money, so haven't even been able to buy it yet). I may do it within the following couple of months if no one's made one yet, but it's no guarantee, and it definitely won't be until October if so. Sorry! 

Until then, if you need help, or if you want to make the guide yourself, this guide will be very helpful: http://www.trueachievements.com/a211262/this-house-is-clear-achievement.htm

(I'd love to answer questions if you have any about the game, but atm I cannot contribute to the guide, as I don't have the game on PS4 yet) 

• Like 1

I loved all the humor this game had to offer throughout each of the 3 different playthroughs.. the art style was amazing & the story/ voice acting/ sfx & music were all spot-on!

I followed the TrueAchievements guide posted above (I think) & didn't have any issues achieving plat.. some treks will definitely take some time though haha

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Could this game be 'done' in just two playthroughs, one with decent decisions and all the collectibles and a silent one? On playstationtrophies.org people say the letter also gives 'Thicker than water', 'I'm the Firestarter' and 'You'd Just End Up Hating Each Other' while 'Benjamin Spanklin' could be done without an entire playthough, right?

The completely silent playthrough won't give you I'm the Firestarter. That was the hardest trophy for me, since you actually have to be pretty active at getting everyone to hate you. Like in my playthrough I missed saying something at a certain point, which made Nona not hate me at the end.

The reason you'd need three playthroughs is that you can't get the New Beginnings trophy if Jonas hates you. So I'm the Firestarter and that trophy can't be gotten on the same playthrough, unless I'm missing some trick. You also can't get Jonas to become your stepbrother on the silent playthrough, since you can't avoid bringing Michael back from the dead.

Been a few months since I've played the game though but I think that's how it goes.

Edited by IDiivil

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Don't get me wrong its a great game, very good story. The gameplay is just super slow and I didn't mind the fact that I had to do 3 playthroughs for the Plat but I messed up twice on the first playthrough and now 4 times on the second playthrough. Which means I expanded my play time much longer then what was already required to obtain the Plat. I feel as if I expanded the 3 playthroughs to like 5 or 6 playthroughs and I'm definitely not gunna play a game that many times at the slow pace it already is. lol Congrats for those who have the Plat though already :) I, myself is just not gunna play it anymore. What matters to me the most is I played it for the story and it was really neat. 

Edited by Simply Cody