Rachel's Remastered Wall of Shame

Made an impromptu update to my list, where I have removed all of the games that I obtained through PS+ on my old (UK) account as it is due to expire in December and I have no intention of renewing it.  I realize that given the time scales that have elapsed, if I was interested in playing those games I would have done so already.

Want to focus on getting Rainbow Moon, Okami and Transistor finished up in the meantime as those were also downloaded as part of the PS+ on my old account.  I just need to stop procrastinating :P

• Like 2

Weekly Update - 10/24/2016 (because I forgot to do this yesterday)

• Completed Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7 and Walking Dead: Michonne
  • Started Costume Quest 2 and aiming to complete it for my Halloween event :)
  • No new purchases in the past week  :dance:  :dance:
  • Plan for the week ahead - Other than Costume Quest 2, I want to play Code Realize, N.E.R.O and get Until Dawn ready to pop for the Halloween event
  • No planned purchases however we will see what the sales bring tomorrow :)  Also researching Dynasty Warriors 7 based on a friends recommendation
  • Like 1

Weekly Update - 10/30/2016

• Completed Hakuoki and Code Realize
  • Started Pixeljunk Shooter Ultimate and got the online trophies out of the way by solo boosting with hubby's PS4 :D  I completed this on my old account but enjoyed it so much that I thought it deserved a replay on my new account
  • Made some progress on Infamous First Light
  • Even though the Halloween Sale didn't blow me away, I ended up purchasing White Night as it looks like the kind of game I would enjoy and damon's guide on here seems pretty comprehensive
  • Plan for the week ahead: - I want to work on finishing up some of the PS+ games I've started before my Plus expires on my old account, so Transistor, Pixeljunk, Infamous, Okami and Rainbow Moon.  Got around a month and a half.  Also plan on finishing Costume Quest 2 and maybe play Until Dawn, both for my Halloween event
  • No planned purchases for the week but that's all depending on week 2 of the Halloween Sale, will definitely be adding Deadly Tower of Monsters and Letter Quest Remastered from the IGC though

Platinum's Earned October 2016 - 12

1S843402.png  1S2b7488.png  1Sa2891b.png  1S120bf9.png  1S196af1.png  1S93dd07.png  1S9945a1.png  1S527923.png  1S1d469c.png  1S1a681a.png  1S42a07a.png  1Se1bfb8.png

Dragon Fantasy Book 2

The Wolf Among Us

The Walking Dead 

Murdered Soul Suspect

Tales from the Borderlands

Lego Jurassic World

Game of Thrones

Adventure Time: Jake and Finn Investigations

The Book of Unwritten Tales 2

Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7

Hakuoki

Code Realize

• Like 2

Weekly Update - 11/07/2016

• Not played all that much this week as my sleep schedule has been borked - completed Costume Quest 2 and Letter Quest Remastered
  • Made some progress on Infamous First Light - just the rescue arenas and challenges to do mainly but I keep procrastinating
  • Added The Deadly Tower of Monsters to my backlog from the PS+ selection, also purchased Adventure Time: Secret of the Nameless Kingdom (for 99 cents) and Goosebumps: The Game from week 2 of the Halloween sale
  • Plan for the week ahead - finish up Infamous and Pixeljunk
  • No planned purchases (even though I want to buy My Name is Mayo just for giggles)  It's my birthday next Sunday and I know husband has bought me at least one game, with a second one planned (maybe)
  • Like 1

Weekly Update 11/13/2016 - My Birthday  :dance:  :dance:  :dance: 

• Completed Infamous First Light after procrastinating because I dislike the hostage arenas
  • Bought and completed My Name is Mayo :P (I have no shame)  I will only be doing it once though as I don't want duplicate games on my list
  • Completed Goosebumps: The Game and N.E.R.O
  • Purchased Okage: Shadow King and Rogue Galaxy - two games I never got to play on the PS2
  • For my birthday, my husband bought me World of Final Fantasy, Nights of Azure and Don't Starve Together.  Also an awesome friend bought me I Am Setsuna
  • Plan for the week ahead is to indulge in the World of Final Fantasy <3
  • No planned purchases - planning on having a freeze on any new purchases for a while until I make a dent in the games I own already. 
  • Like 2

Weekly Update 11/13/2016 - My Birthday  :dance:  :dance:  :dance: 

• Completed Infamous First Light after procrastinating because I dislike the hostage arenas
  • For my birthday, my husband bought me World of Final Fantasy, Nights of Azure and Don't Starve Together.  Also an awesome friend bought me I Am Setsuna
  • No planned purchases - planning on having a freeze on any new purchases for a while until I make a dent in the games I own already. 

Finally someone who also didn't like the arena nonsense in First Light :highfive: .

Some nice gifts you got there! Nights of Azure seems to not have been on a lot of people's radar when it came out. Still need to buy it myself... it's been on my wishlist since release, but so are too many other games :lol: . Currently not buying any more games either (except digital only releases), until I finally got some space on my shelves again.

PS: Happy Birthday :) !

Edited by voodoo_eyes
  • Like 1

Finally someone who also didn't like the arena nonsense in First Light :highfive: .

Some nice gifts you got there! Nights of Azure seems to not have been on a lot of people's radar when it came out. Still need to buy it myself... it's been on my wishlist since release, but so are too many other games :lol: . Currently not buying any more games either (except digital only releases), until I finally got some space on my shelves again.

PS: Happy Birthday :) !

I'd been waiting for a price drop on Nights of Azure but it really seems to have held its value.  My freeze is due to me loving a good deal, but buying games that never move from my backlog. My PS4 hard drive is getting pretty full :S

• Like 1

I'd been waiting for a price drop on Nights of Azure but it really seems to have held its value.  My freeze is due to me loving a good deal, but buying games that never move from my backlog. My PS4 hard drive is getting pretty full :S

My backlog seems to be doing the one step forward two steps back routine. Can't keep up anymore, still doesn't stop me from adding to it :lol: . Used to have all my systems' HDD full... I wiped them recently and only installed 10-15 games/system. Helps me focus on the ones that are on there.

• Like 1

Weekly Update - 11/20/2016

• Started World of Final Fantasy and currently around 33 hours in (and 25% trophy progress)
  • Started Don't Starve: Together with my husband.  We weren't really focused on trophies and it's our little game to enjoy together
  • No new purchases this past week  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:
  • Week ahead - more World of Final Fantasy, more Don't Starve and I may dip back in to Pixeljunk
  • No planned purchases but will be keeping an eye on the flash sale :)
  • Like 1

Weekly Update - 11/27/2016

• Finished up Koi - just needed to idle for the 24 hours trophy and it popped whilst I was in the kitchen preparing food
  • Made some solid progress on World of Final Fantasy and Don't Starve Together
  • Also chipped away a little bit at Pixeljunk and hope to have that finished up in the next week
  • Bought a few games from the sale, kind of went on Idea Factory overload - Hyperdevotion Noire, HDN Rebirth 3, Fairy Fencer F and Megadimension Neptunia VII
  • Plan for the week ahead: WoFF, DS:T, Pixeljunk and may even try to finish up Unravel
  • No planned purchases, but there may be some unplanned ones depending on any sales
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Overdue Update

• Started playing Final Fantasy XV, enjoyed what I've played so far but it's not massively gripped me yet
  • Been completely absorbed into ARK for a while - got the platinum and played for a while on a public PVE server until the usual annoyances got to me and I've decided to call it quits.  The trophies were a major pain in the ass due to stupid glitches and bad coding -_-
  • Added the PS+ games to my backlog - mainly looking to play Color Guardians and Stories: The Path of Destinies
  • Made some purchases from the sales over the past few weeks - Albedo: Eyes from Outer Space, Zero Escape: Virtues Last Reward and Ray Gigant 
  • My PS+ on my old account expired so lost access to Okami, Rainbow Moon and Transistor (although weirdly, I've not lost access to Pixeljunk)  Decided to buy Rainbow Moon on the Vita as it's something I'd prefer to play more on the go anyway
  • Planning on working on some of my incomplete games - will most likely prioritize Pixeljunk just in case that does eventually disappear, maybe also finally get that Unravel platinum :D
  • Upcoming purchases - nothing planned although maybe Stardew Valley

I hope everyone has an amazing Christmas/Holidays!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Weekly Update - 01/03/2017

• Started and completed Taco Master as my first platinum of the New Year
  • Also started Color Guardians and Ray Gigant. Made a little progress with Final Fantasy XV
  • Added some of the PS+ games to my list - Day of the Tentacle, Titan Souls, This War of Mine and The Swindle
  • No other new purchases or additions
  • Got my first solo guide published on the website ^_^
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Update - 01/11/2017

• Achieved the platinum on Day of the Tentacle Remastered
  • Made some further progress on Ray Gigant
  • After a scare with the PS3 disc drive, I'm now focusing on my PS3 backlog so starting out with Kingdom Hearts :D  The trophy lists are daunting but primarily I want to complete 1 and 2 and then decide how I feel about the other ones (although I did do 358/2 days)
  • No new purchases again this week :dance:
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Rach said:

Update - 01/11/2017

• Achieved the platinum on Day of the Tentacle Remastered
  • Made some further progress on Ray Gigant
  • After a scare with the PS3 disc drive, I'm now focusing on my PS3 backlog so starting out with Kingdom Hearts :D  The trophy lists are daunting but primarily I want to complete 1 and 2 and then decide how I feel about the other ones (although I did do 358/2 days)
  • No new purchases again this week :dance:

If you're going to play the Kingdom Hearts games you need to play them in the right order. This includes games like re:Chain of Memories and Birth by Sleep. You would really be doing yourself a disservice and ruining an amazing series for yourself, which is the last thing I would want to happen :). Unless you played them on past consoles of course xD. The trophy lists are daunting but I assure you, you won't be disappointed!

This is the recommended order to play the games so that the story makes sense.

Kingdom Hearts

Kingdom Hearts re:Chain of Memories

Kingdom Hearts 2 

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days

Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep 

Kingdom Hearts re:Coded

Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance

Kingdom Hearts 0.2 A Fragmentary Passage

Kingdom Hearts X: Back Cover

14 minutes ago, Xylobe said:

Congrats on the Day of the Tentacle plat. I'm also working on Kingdom Hearts right now; I honestly can't tell whether the trophy for beating the game without changing equipment is extremely tough, or if I'm just terrible at the game.

You're not terrible, the trophies for the games are just extremely tough xD.

Edited by Kent10201
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Kent10201 said:

If you're going to play the Kingdom Hearts games you need to play them in the right order. This includes games like re:Chain of Memories and Birth by Sleep. You would really be doing yourself a disservice and ruining an amazing series for yourself, which is the last thing I would want to happen :). Unless you played them on past consoles of course xD. The trophy lists are daunting but I assure you, you won't be disappointed!

This is the recommended order to play the games so that the story makes sense.

Kingdom Hearts

Kingdom Hearts re:Chain of Memories

Kingdom Hearts 2 

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days

Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep 

Kingdom Hearts re:Coded

Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance

Kingdom Hearts 0.2 A Fragmentary Passage

Kingdom Hearts X: Back Cover

Thank you for the motivational kick :)  You're right, I would be doing myself a disservice not playing all of them - I realize I need these little kicks now and then when I have little mental blocks.  I started Kingdom Hearts earlier and I quickly ran through 358/2 Days as I already watched the whole cinematic on an old profile.  On Kingdom Hearts, I've just beaten the boss on Traverse Town so a long way to go yet - I was pondering doing a proud and final mix play through simultaneously if I can so that the areas are fresh in my memory.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Rach said:

Thank you for the motivational kick :)  You're right, I would be doing myself a disservice not playing all of them - I realize I need these little kicks now and then when I have little mental blocks.  I started Kingdom Hearts earlier and I quickly ran through 358/2 Days as I already watched the whole cinematic on an old profile.  On Kingdom Hearts, I've just beaten the boss on Traverse Town so a long way to go yet - I was pondering doing a proud and final mix play through simultaneously if I can so that the areas are fresh in my memory.

Awesome, I'm so glad to hear that :)! Unfortunately difficulty trophies don't stack so you'll have to do a separate playthrough for proud and final mix . I wasn't kidding when I said the trophy lists for the KH games were daunting xD. Fortunately, difficult trophies do stack in the 2.5 Remix so you won't have to do as many playthrough's. I really hope you enjoy the series and good luck. This reminds me... I really need to work on the last couple of trophies for Kingdom Hearts Final Mix as well :P.

By the way, I would highly suggest joining DetectiveCJ's Kingdom Hearts event. There a lot of people there, including myself, who love to give you tips on achieving the platinum. You also get a pretty cool banner if you platinum all of the games in the series. I've linked the thread below in case you're interested in joining :)

Edited by Kent10201

• 2 weeks later...

Update - 1/20/2017

• Making good progress with Kingdom Hearts Final Mix - nearly done with my speed run and also close to finishing my beginner/no armor change run
  • Chipping away at Ray Gigant too
  • Bought Okami from the flash sale (as I no longer had access to it on my old account) and also MegaTagmension, as that's the cheapest I've seen it

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

First platinum of April....Nights of Azure

1Laadbbb.png

Pretty fun game but the post game gets boring pretty fast, what with the grind for 300 quests.  Adorable game though and I'm thankful that husband bought this for me for my birthday last year.

I also leveled to to PSN Level 16 on completing this ^_^

Hopefully will try to get Color Guardians completed next.  Still no new purchases although was tempted by the Humble Bundle.  Added all the PS+ games to my list but looking doubtful that I'll play any of this months selection so will refrain from adding them on to my backlog.

• Like 2