Rachel's Remastered Wall of Shame

Added a couple of new games to the backlog...Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational and The Flame in the Flood.  Also noticed some new DLC has been added for Final Fantasy XV so my completion dropped somewhat.

Kind of tinkering around on No Man's Sky at the moment, planning on doing a couple of hours each day to work on Perma-Death.  Managed to actually get a trophy on it earlier so progress is progress.

13 hours ago, Mesopithecus said:

Couple more games added to the list:

- Conception II

- Claire

- Disgaea 3

- Yomawari: Night Alone

Also removed some PS+ games that I more than likely won't play

I've heard good things about Yomawari. I own Disgaea 3, is it the PS3 or Vita version you got? Cause the Vita version is the superior one, with all the included DLC. And more content on top too.

Never heard of Claire, is it any relation to Catherine? Dunno why, just games both named after ladies, kinda clicked in my brain. Conception II I also haven't heard of, but hope it and Claire are good.

Just now, James_Tonto said:

I've heard good things about Yomawari. I own Disgaea 3, is it the PS3 or Vita version you got? Cause the Vita version is the superior one, with all the included DLC. And more content on top too.

Never heard of Claire, is it any relation to Catherine? Dunno why, just games both named after ladies, kinda clicked in my brain. Conception II I also haven't heard of, but hope it and Claire are good.

It was the PS3 version that I got, it will be my first Disgaea game :)

Claire is an adventure horror game, looks pretty similar graphic style to Lone Survivor.  I'd heard some great things about Conception II and it's my favorite genre (RPG)

I think it will be a while before I get around to some of these games though.  I'm currently taking part in the "Kill Your Completion" event and the games I've chosen are different ones, plus I seem to be going for a lot of long, grindy games lately.

Hot Shots Golf World Invitational....that Al Arabia stage. I literally maxed out loyalty on all of my characters trying that stage before I got the star. I then watched my gf beat it on her second attempt. Out of all the things I've done in gaming I would say that is the only thing I thought was actually hard.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Mesopithecus said:

It was the PS3 version that I got, it will be my first Disgaea game :)

Claire is an adventure horror game, looks pretty similar graphic style to Lone Survivor.  I'd heard some great things about Conception II and it's my favorite genre (RPG)

I think it will be a while before I get around to some of these games though.  I'm currently taking part in the "Kill Your Completion" event and the games I've chosen are different ones, plus I seem to be going for a lot of long, grindy games lately.

Oh you have no idea the grind you are in for, with Disgaea 3. The PS3 version as I recall, has no trophies related to the story. Unlike Disgaea 4, 5 and D2. And they're all hidden, so expect to be keeping a checklist or guide open, while you play. That aside, Disgaea games have enjoyable gameplay and stories. Only made better with great characters, so you have that to look forward to as you play. If you decide to get into DIsgaea I'll also recommend picking up Disgaea 1 and 2 on steam, as they haven't had a PS4/Vita remaster. And I also recommend the other Disgaea games, 4 is brilliant, I just got distracted, so that games been waiting for me to get back to it, for awhile. D2 is enjoyable, but it does have a crashing glitch, which can mostly be avoided, there's a tip/trick for it. Something about loading a game, quitting and then loading again.

Oh and if you want to get into more Nippon Ichi games, I highly recommend 'The Witch and the Hundred Knight' on PS4. The PS3 version has a notorious glitch that will turn you into a save scummer, to ensure your progress isn't screwed over. And the trophy set is different, due to new content, so grab that version.

1 hour ago, RVMcypress_grave said:

Hot Shots Golf World Invitational....that Al Arabia stage. I literally maxed out loyalty on all of my characters trying that stage before I got the star. I then watched my gf beat it on her second attempt. Out of all the things I've done in gaming I would say that is the only thing I thought was actually hard.

Omg! I'm on that stage right now. It's the Bronze stage, right? I scored a 20th on my 1st attempt on the 2nd course. Those bunkers really got me. I'm using the black, overweight dude (forgot his name) to get through the course, since he's better with bunkers, and I like the extra power. Any tips for Rach and I to get through the game?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

Omg! I'm on that stage right now. It's the Bronze stage, right? I scored a 20th on my 1st attempt on the 2nd course. Those bunkers really got me. I'm using the black, overweight dude (forgot his name) to get through the course, since he's better with bunkers, and I like the extra power. Any tips for Rach and I to get through the game?

I checked your list and you are on the Vita I think so I don't think you have to do this particular Al Arabia challenge although the level shows up several times in both games.
I did the Vita version first and then on the ps3 I blazed through all the challenges but there were 2 that were way harder than what the Vita had. On Silver Rank 5-5 (ps3) you have to clear all 18 holes of the Al Arabian golf course while hitting GIR on EVERY whole (on the green for the birdie put. 3 shots for par 5, 2 for par 4, 1 for par 3). The other level was Platinum Rank (this set isn't on vita at all) 7-2 Maple leaf. It had the 18 hole GIR requirement too but it was superstorm and circle shot-meter only. The wind was so horrible ?.

As for tips:
1. For tough challenges try to play a Professional or Intermediate character for better stats.
2. Know when to backspin or forward spin your shot.
3. For stats Power is great but don't forget about Control. Impact is important too unless you do perfect impacts all the time (the stat doesn't effect the "perfect" spot so it doesn't help on Perfect impact challenges). For instance on Gloria I use Beginner's club and Big Air. On Erika I use Big Air club and Pin Hole ball.
4. Try not to quit out too much if you mess up a challenge. The biggest grind is the unlockables and character levels so it is better to finish the level in most cases. Although I think for the trophy you only need 50% on the machines and could reload a save if you are so inclined but even if you did that I think it would still take the longest.
5. Hit the ball as far as you can SAFELY. If there are too many hazards, just drop the club size down and go for a safer spot.

That's about all I can think of, I'm sure you both will get it done no problem!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, RVMcypress_grave said:

I checked your list and you are on the Vita I think so I don't think you have to do this particular Al Arabia challenge although the level shows up several times in both games.
I did the Vita version first and then on the ps3 I blazed through all the challenges but there were 2 that were way harder than what the Vita had. On Silver Rank 5-5 (ps3) you have to clear all 18 holes of the Al Arabian golf course while hitting GIR on EVERY whole (on the green for the birdie put. 3 shots for par 5, 2 for par 4, 1 for par 3). The other level was Platinum Rank (this set isn't on vita at all) 7-2 Maple leaf. It had the 18 hole GIR requirement too but it was superstorm and circle shot-meter only. The wind was so horrible 1f622.png.

As for tips:
1. For tough challenges try to play a Professional or Intermediate character for better stats.
2. Know when to backspin or forward spin your shot.
3. For stats Power is great but don't forget about Control. Impact is important too unless you do perfect impacts all the time (the stat doesn't effect the "perfect" spot so it doesn't help on Perfect impact challenges). For instance on Gloria I use Beginner's club and Big Air. On Erika I use Big Air club and Pin Hole ball.
4. Try not to quit out too much if you mess up a challenge. The biggest grind is the unlockables and character levels so it is better to finish the level in most cases. Although I think for the trophy you only need 50% on the machines and could reload a save if you are so inclined but even if you did that I think it would still take the longest.
5. Hit the ball as far as you can SAFELY. If there are too many hazards, just drop the club size down and go for a safer spot.

That's about all I can think of, I'm sure you both will get it done no problem!

Thanks for the advice. Will try to keep in mind about Gloria and Erika. 

2 minutes ago, Mesopithecus said:

I had a crazy moment today in Gamestop that ended up with me buying Star Ocean 4: The Last Hope and Star Ocean 5.

Crazy, very crazy! It's not too late you know :P. Also, would play SO5 first. Am playing it now for KYOA and so far much prefer it to SO4. It's only 100 hours to plat, while SO4 is about 500. Though I do like SO4's story, but I might change my mind.

Have you decided which UR or VR plat you're going for next?

• Like 1

Just now, Edunstar84 said:

Crazy, very crazy! It's not too late you know :P. Also, would play SO5 first. Am playing it now for KYOA and so far much prefer it to SO4. It's only 100 hours to plat, while SO4 is about 500. Though I do like SO4's story, but I might change my mind.

Have you decided which UR or VR plat you're going for next?

I'm hoping to platinum MeiQ next and then may do some quick and easy games in between grinds.  I'm thinking I'd like to start Conception II though after finishing MeiQ

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mesopithecus said:

I'm hoping to platinum MeiQ next and then may do some quick and easy games in between grinds.  I'm thinking I'd like to start Conception II though after finishing MeiQ

It's an okay game. It didn't really seem interesting to me until the second to the last dungeon. I think Satoshi enjoyed it more than I did. 

4 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

It's an okay game. It didn't really seem interesting to me until the second to the last dungeon. I think Satoshi enjoyed it more than I did. 

It had been on my wishlist for a while so I hope that I enjoy it.

Want to start Omega Quintet soon too, get a dent made in my Weeblympics games :D