Why do YOU platinum games?

GHOZTPRIME

I've always respected the fact that people have the time and dedication to sit there for hours and hours getting all these trophies, to see that platinum trophy on their trophy list.

But why why do you platinum games? They don't really mean anything and you dont really get anything out of plat'ing a game.

Do you just have too much time on your hands?

Do you just want to have the highest trophy level out of all your friends?

or Do you simply do it because you can't stand leaving games at anything less that 100%?

I personally have only plat'ed two games; Terminator: Salvation and Resistance: Burning Skies. I did it because they were fairly easy and I enjoyed them. And they didn't require anymore than one sitting to plat.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I've always respected the fact that people have the time and dedication to sit there for hours and hours getting all these trophies, to see that platinum trophy on their trophy list.

But why why do you platinum games? They don't really mean anything and you dont really get anything out of plat'ing a game.

Do you just have too much time on your hands?

Do you just want to have the highest trophy level out of all your friends?

or Do you simply do it because you can't stand leaving games at anything less that 100%?

I personally have only plat'ed two games; Terminator: Salvation and Resistance: Burning Skies. I did it because they were fairly easy and I enjoyed them. And they didn't require anymore than one sitting to plat.

I plat games because I am addicted. A game does not feel complete unless I have a 100%. With that said, I have had to ignore many a game that I do not have time to get all DLC trophies or grind 100 hours for the plat. I only do 100 hour plats if I really like the game such as Homefront or BF3 (P.S. You probably don't know this, so all my games are 100% legit no boosting or cheating involved). This is the reason that I am at 76% completion and not 99% like eburkulosis. ;)

• Like 4

Well I win trophies because they make me see what I couldn't see in the game on other consoles, I mean. let's see inFamous 2, for thiose that know the game have that trophies to get the blast shards & the birds, if the game was on PS2, I would only play the story mode once. not twice to see how is the game in good and evil karma, and I wouldn'b have that electricity power if it wasn't the blasting shards, and knowing the backstory because of the birds. When I like a game I'll platinum it. Like NFS Shift, I tryed but don't like it, it will remain in my with the other games forever.

Because simply i want to see everything in my favorite games,i did that in the past before trophies so i am doing it now,but saying again only in games that i like,so i choose carefully my games one by one.Some games cannot complete them,but i am not angry or whatever,because this is the different of fair players and cheaters,always have something to try or to give up and saying this is insane or diffficult or "no way"!!

I only platinum games that I love. Doesn't matter how hard or easy the trophy list is as long as I truly love the game I'm trying to platinum. Basically I platinum games just for the sake of platinuming good games.

EDIT: To clear my point a bit. I platinum games which I would 100% complete anyway (even without trophies). Basically games I love.

Edited by Crimson-Cobalt

Ever since I started playing video games (which is over 30 years now :blink:), I have wanted to see everything, do everything and collect everything a game has to offer. It's just in my nature to do that. Now that trophies have come along, I now earn trophies for doing things in a game I would normally do anyway plus a few extra I probably wouldn't :P. I don't necessarily have to platinum EVERY game I play as some are just to difficult or time consuming to do so, but I will try to earn as many trophies as I possibly can while doing so.

Pretty much this except for one thing: I love super hard games. I love a challenge. If a game is whooping my ass, I take that as a personal goal in what I'm doing to master it. In 25 years of gaming, I have yet to give up or fail at a single game because it was too hard. Whenever there is the possibility to do so, I 100% every game I've ever owned. I don't care if it takes a week or a year, it's getting done.

To be fair sometimes platting a game can be a grind or boring. However, I like the accomplishment for me personally. I like to be able to finish it and know that I am done with the game and can move on without thinking there was something left to do or finish. With that said I have given up on some games that were either over the top from a skill or time perspective, because sometimes it's just not worth it to me.

• Like 1