Why do YOU platinum games?

GHOZTPRIME

Just for fun. I don't really care about ranking stuff, besides it's so time consuming.

I like to plat games I really enjoy or like and I want to make the most of them.

Actually one of my platts, Catherine, was just because some guy say I couldn't achieve that plat, like if I was stupid or something; his comment really pissed me off and that's why I got that platinum. I really enjoyed the game, but that was the main reason why I platted it in the first place; don't mess with a pissed girl lol.

I dislike platinums not hard, but those that takes LOTS of hours to make, my exception was FFX because I loved that game, but I actually was platting FFX-2 and quitted for a bit because I'm at the bestiary boring part lol

Edited by lpgcavazos
  • Like 1

I only platinum a game that I'm really really into and provided it doesn't take too much time. Think I sank 80 hours into Bloodborne and that was by far the longest amount of time I spent on any game since probably the SNES days, but it was worth it. 

If I really enjoy a game I will take the time to 100% it. It's not about the Platinum for me, as there are plenty of trophy lists with a ton of DLC beyond the platinum. A lot of the time I won't get to 100% before I move on to other games. I guess it's that sense of being able to represent how much I've enjoyed the game through a list of tasks the developers have decided upon.

Because of that feel of acomplishment I get after 100% completing a game, and the entertaining moments I get from playing games. Also to make my money invested in gaming worth. If you think about it, going after platinums or 100%s shows good qualities such as determination, perseverance, patience, among others. 

Edited by Deceptrox

Because it makes me feel good, although theoretically I've only felt good 10x! :P

It sort of gives me a sense of completion. I have no regrets having to go back to the game because it feels like I've seen and done everything (I could be wrong).

On the other hand, I enjoy the journey more than the completion so I've purposefully not completed at least 1 game.

• Like 1

<3  <3  <3  <3  <3  <3  <3  <3  <3  <3  <3  <3  <3  <3  <3 For me is just fun....and ive always like to 100% games regardless....i do platinum games that are easy and dont require extensive amounts of hours to platinum them....I tend to avoid games with online multiplayer because i dont like to play games like that....is fun to platinum games that you love and are interested in.  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)

I just enjoy it and seeing a little plat logo.

It's shallow but it feels weird not having plats to go for now in games.

Saying that if I can't plat a game and I want to play it I still will, but that ding makes me spout rainbows and glitter.

Basically I enjoy collecting trophies

Trophies are there to be gotten. If Paying money for a game, why not make the most of it ? Some trophies are a grind, but that makes it worth it when you finally get it. Story modes are so short on games these days that trophies make it worth the money. I work and have a Missis but still have time to plat games, you don't have to have no life to be a trophy hunter (just saying) ;)

• Like 3

reason 1. i platinum game only when its freaking good, and i know i will can do this and i will not go mad. example: i platinum Dragon Age twice, beacuse i loved this game, and it wasnt SO hard, you just need patience, BUT! i didnt platinum Resdient Evil revelations 2, beacuse i hate playing for time. i know i can do this, but i dont want to do this. thats it. reason 2. games are very expensive - for me at least - so i cant buy every games which i want. i buy ONLy those i know i will love, and im really waiting for them. example i was waiting for Dragon Age and Witcher, and now im waiting for MGS: Phantom Pain. and those i pre-order. rest which i want play like Batman, Uncharted, Borderlands must wait to drop price. so when i buy game, im going for 100% beacuse im waiting few months to drop price on interesting me games. and thats why im platinum games.

ps. im not sorry for my english, beacuse i know you understand me.

I'm an OCD type completionist in some ways. xD Plus I like getting the most out of games and trophies really do help you to do that. Also it extends the longevity of games especially if the game is really short. Finally, that *ping* you hear when you get it is strangely satisfying. So many great reason to go for those plats! :)

Edited by Keello96