Not Another Zombie Game Trophy, A guide that works?

Wayne1988_

The news events are random and it can take a lot of attempts to get them to occur.

I managed to get the trophy myself a couple of hours ago, but it took a while to earn. 

Use these genetics:

Cytochrome Surge

Aerocyte
Creationist
Xerophile

Start in India

As soon as you can, evolve Saliva 1, Zoonotic Shift, and Bat 1

Open the news feed with up on the d-pad and keep an eye on a red event posted there that says 'Colony of rabid bats triggers town evacuation'. 

If India reaches 100% infection before you see that news event, quit and start again. 

As soon as you see it, pause and save the game. After saving, devolve Bat 1.

Evolve Drug Resistance 1, Genetic Hardening, and Genetic Re-Shuffle 1 & 2

Now keep an eye on the news ticker again for two red news events. These won't be pop-up notifications, so you need to watch out for the red entries in the feed. It's much easier to do if you keep it fully open using up on the d-pad.

When you see 'WHO starts Rabies Eradication Initiative' AND 'Film about Rabies epidemic becomes global hit', pause and save again. If you don't see them after a while and symptoms start to evolve automatically, load up your last save file and try again.

After seeing both, evolve Gastrointestinal Expansion and Cold Resistance 1 and 2.

You now need to watch for 100% worldwide infection. You usually get a pop-up, but keep an eye on the world stats, just in case. Once everything is infected, evolve the following: Insomnia, Fever, Photophobia, Coma, Acute Encephalitis, and Hyper Salivation.

Wait for a pop-up to appear that says: [plague name] is a form of Rabies

Devolve Zoonotic Shift right away after seeing the pop-up above.

Now you need to wait for another pop-up that says '[plague name] Rabies link 'false'

At this point the cure process will slow down considerably, then eventually stop. If any more symptoms evolve, devolve them right away. You need to stop the evolution from getting too close to 'Cytopathic Reanimation', as that will invalidate the trophy if it mutates.

It's now a waiting game, letting the plague gradually wipe out the rest of humanity without the use of zombies. Once everyone is dead, your trophy will pop. 

You need to be patient with this one. It can be a pain to get the first news tickers to trigger, and will likely need several restarts/save file loads.

Hope that helps!

• Like 3

Oh, I didn't know it was random event thanks man. i'll use your guide, report back later.

Edit: I got it with your advice. thank you very much!!! Note; "Now you need to wait for another pop-up that says '[plague name] Rabies link 'false'" Didn't pop up for me but still got the trophy.

Edited by IxXFinnyXxI
  • Like 1

@IxXFinnyXxI

I saw you have the trophy for beating all diseases on mega-brutal difficulty. 

Do you have any tips for Fungus? I've had several close games, but every time the cure just beats me to it before I'm able to 100% infect everyone, no matter which method I try. It's driving me crazy!

@IxXFinnyXxI

I saw you have the trophy for beating all diseases on mega-brutal difficulty. 

Do you have any tips for Fungus? I've had several close games, but every time the cure just beats me to it before I'm able to 100% infect everyone, no matter which method I try. It's driving me crazy!

ATP Boost, Aquacyte, Patho-stasis, Darwinist, Extremophile

Start in any country.

Pop first bubble, evolve 6 spore bursts and a spore eruption. Quickly pop all of the bubbles.

Evolve the second set of 6 spore bursts, eruption, and spore hardening (if you have the DNA) Quickly pop bubbles.

Evolve Spore hardening if not done in above step

Evolve Transmissions:

Bird 1 & 2

Water 1 & 2

Evolve Symptoms (if not already evolved):

Rash

Sweating

Skin Lesions

Necrosis

Coughing

Pneumonia

Evolve Abilities:

Cold 1

Heat 1

Drug resistance 1

Cold 2

Heat 2

Drug resistance 2

Environmental Hardening

The world should pretty much be infected at this point. Wait for the last country to get infected and evolve deadly symptoms (Total Organ Failure, Hemorrhagic Shock, etc)

The biggest challenge with this approach is running out of DNA for the deadly symptoms. You will also probably need to either evolve seisures & coma (or genetic re-shuffle) to get the cure percent down before the end of the game.

Man, This is the only one I had difficulty with.took about 10 tries may luck be with you.

Edited by IxXFinnyXxI

Thanks, I'll give it a try. It looks similar to one I may have already tried, but I've gone through so many that I've lost track now. 

I wish I had only tried 10 times, but it's been quite a few more than that. It always ends up the same, with the infection getting to around 90% and the cure at 95%, and the cure always wins. This one thing has held me back the most. 

Congrats on the plat, by the way.

Still no joy with that method either, @IxXFinnyXxI. I got up to evolving Drug Resistance 2 and while waiting to get enough DNA for Environmental Hardening, the cure percentage rocketed from 50% up to 100% in no time.

Edited by Rhinne

Still no joy with that method either, @IxXFinnyXxI. I got up to evolving Drug Resistance 2 and while waiting to get enough DNA for Environmental Hardening, the cure percentage rocketed from 50% up to 100% in no time.

damn, man sorry to hear. It by far is the hardest level in the game. and it's all luck

damn, man sorry to hear. It by far is the hardest level in the game. and it's all luck

I eventually managed to get it using an approach I cobbled together myself from parts of various guides. 

I had been able to do every other one without the use of guides, as I've played this game so much on iOS and PC, but that Fungus stage was screwing me over big time.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...