What game is this?

Never eard this name before, what tipe of game is this?

Action RPG. Quite similar to Nier in it's approach, but less polished. It is a low budget game and there will be some flaws.

I do like the setting from what I've seen thus far. I'd give it a go if you had the time spare. 

Edited by bmwebster_

Had an hour or so with this game. I would gladly say it's like NieR: has so much potential and a great world, but tecnically is just okay if you remove the artistic style. Prettyy fun if you know what are you going for.

Ok, if it's anything like NieR, then I will put it on my "to buy" list, since I quite liked NieR.

Actually, more recent reviews were rather favorable, and complained mostly about bosses being hard and jumping sections being tricky. The gameplay has this old-school feel, kinda like DMC minus insane difficulties (you can plat it on "easy") and minus SSS ranks (no ranks at all).

And yes, i'm being protective because i've backed this game, and waited for it, and it came out surprisingly better than i had expected. Love the multiple endings and OST. Voice acting is somewhat cheap, but it grows on you with time.

For a game made mostly buy a team of three people it's solid, pretty and very playable.

To be honest it is good game. The fact it was made by only 3 persons is not an excuse, but rather a reason to be impressed.

It is an example of what good indie game should be. Decent graphics (not AAA-class game, but good, not minecraft-like bricks with an "oldschool" excuse), excellent story, smooth controls, decent combat system (comparable with games like GoW or DMC, and in some moments I found it superior to them for my tastes), and while first boss fights seem to be quite easy, latest ones are quite challenging, and some (no spoilers here) will make you remember last battle Vergil from DMC3.

Of course it have some flaws, like voice cast being not perfect or some moves being useless due to inadequate activation time, one of the bosses is close to being unbeatable (if not even unbeatable) if you haven't developed certain ability (which is not very obviously crucial), but I have to say that I enjoyed every moment of the game (well, except having my rear handed to me by the secret boss and poking around looking for the last collectible I missed).

So I repeat, it is a good game in general and jewel for an indie.

PS: There is not much lore in the game, but it is based on PnP game setting, which is very developed.

Edited by PrincessLizbeth

• 2 weeks later...

sounds good to me.

EDIT:

they really need to work on that wonky difficulty. the bosses on Easy are akin to Very Hard (or harder) on DMC, then on NG+ it is even worse especially a few fights in particular, Exxect, Kappel, the "poison" challenge room in the final area. aside from that i really enjoyed the game but not sure if i will play it again due to the unbalanced difficulty.

Edited by DarkHarmonixer
  • Like 1

• 7 years later...
2 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

What’s the differences between Anima: Gate of Memories and The Nameless Chronicles? I bought one and it looks like both of them ended up in my library and are separate games with their own trophy lists. 

2 different games with a connected story.  Play Gate Of Memories first though

6 minutes ago, Dark_Overlord said:

2 different games with a connected story.  Play Gate Of Memories first though

That’s awesome. I’ll make sure to play GoM first. I only bought it because it was dirt cheap and looked pretty cool, but I had no idea I was getting 2 games in 1. It’s a steal as far as I’m concerned. ?