Boosting Feature?

Yes, though it should be a little bit more useful than on .com,

A turd in a bag set on fire and placed on my doorstep would generally be more helpful than .com's boosting feature.

I've found one boosting partner through their threads, and about 10 through the ChatBox. xD

I think that the boosting feature that was on .com was good but many people didn't exactly know how to use it surprisingly. If the feature was included here, it should be a bit more prominent in the forums like a link at the top of each game's dedicated forum directing you to it.

Even a sticky thread in each forum with a link to the boosting page would be good, maybe with a little description of boosting in each telling the member that they'll have to take it upon themselves to contact a boosting partner

EDIT: Just had another idea for it. What about a button next to each booster's name in the list saying "Contact" or something to make it dead easy to contact them? It could lead you to the PM page, or send an automated message to them saying something like "LeeMcD wants to boost with you in Dead Nation" letting them know what's up

I think that the boosting feature that was on .com was good but many people didn't exactly know how to use it surprisingly. If the feature was included here, it should be a bit more prominent in the forums like a link at the top of each game's dedicated forum directing you to it.

Even a sticky thread in each forum with a link to the boosting page would be good, maybe with a little description of boosting in each telling the member that they'll have to take it upon themselves to contact a boosting partner

EDIT: Just had another idea for it. What about a button next to each booster's name in the list saying "Contact" or something to make it dead easy to contact them? It could lead you to the PM page, or send an automated message to them saying something like "LeeMcD wants to boost with you in Dead Nation" letting them know what's up

That's a pretty good idea, I'm all for not having to use the PSN to message people you wanna boost with.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd recommend looking at TA.com's Gaming Sessions feature, so far it's the best I've come across online (pity they don't do PS3), and it's something I've wanted in a website for a long time, I even toyed with doing it myself at one point, although my web skills pale in comparison to the likes of Sly. Saying that, I thought of several improvements for the TA Gaming Session feature (not that it's had much attention sadly compared to massive rewrites of leaderboards etc), but it's a good basis to build on.

I really can't wait for such a feature to appear and be regularly improved upon.

How about under each person's avatar, in the same general place as total posts and your location, there could be a button that says, "Boost!" Clicking the button would make a screen pop up (maybe similar to how reputation was given on .com... That type of screen popping up) and you could type in what game you'd like to boost with them, and maybe give them details and stuff. It'd then show up as a notification. Just an idea though.

The boosting feature on .com wasn't all that great because people didn't really know how to use it or even find it sometimes. This would make it easy and accessible to be able to boost and find boosting partners. We could also have official boosting threads to identify who has the game and is willing to boost.

That's a pretty good idea, I'm all for not having to use the PSN to message people you wanna boost with.

I dont get it, you either way have to message him throught psn at some point. and not all are actively checking they forum account inbox

I think he means most of the organisation is done through the website, leaving only communication through PSN to be at the time of the session.

Yes, that's pretty much what I mean. Having to organise stuff through the PSN is a mess.

• 3 weeks later...