If Sony allowed you to change your username, would you do it?

Aalicia

Aalicia, out of curiosity, do you get hate male when you do real good at multiplayer games? and if so, are they usually targeted at your gender?

its honestly everything under the sun! i'll give you a couple of examples of things that were said or done to me :

a) even though my name is clearly a females name, its very rare that i use feminine colors or avatars, because im not a typical girly-girl .. i tend to stray towards dark and broody things. with that being said, i tend to be the only female on a full team of guys in any type of multiplayer game or mode, and since i dont use my mic, i get judged solely on how im contributing towrads the team. ive been the best on my team numerous times, and no one has a problem with that, and they even praise me. but every now and then, i'll get on the mic and congradulate my team for our victory and thats when the harassment starts "oh this f-ing b-tch just beat me!!", "girls shouldnt be playing this", or the infamous lobby-vote to boot me out.

B) i enter a lobby, and i get a bunch of cutesy notes (i just think these guys are thirsty as hell), "hey beautiful!" (my response : im ugly), "how old are you?" (my responses : im 10), "are you a girl?" (my response : no! im a pre-pubescent boy!")

c) or the random messages with their phone numbers and a picture of their whoo-whoo-dilly  :|  :angry:  :huh:

SparklyTwinkly was already taken that really made me sad :/

I think Aalicia is a pretty name, but I could understand why you'd want to change it. I have a Chun Li avatar and a pink psn profile, people oftentimes think I'm a lassy and send me very inappropriate messages. Sad people!

@goekie, EXACTLY!!

Edited by Aalicia

its honestly everything under the sun! i'll give you a couple of examples of things that were said or done to me :

a) even though my name is clearly a females name, its very rare that i use feminine colors or avatars, because im not a typical girly-girl .. i tend to stray towards dark and broody things. with that being said, i tend to be the only female on a full team of guys in any type of multiplayer game or mode, and since i dont use my mic, i get judged solely on how im contributing towrads the team. ive been the best on my team numerous times, and no one has a problem with that, and they even praise me. but every now and then, i'll get on the mic and congradulate my team for our victory and thats when the harassment starts "oh this f-ing b-tch just beat me!!", "girls shouldnt be playing this", or the infamous lobby-vote to boot me out.

B) i enter a lobby, and i get a bunch of cutesy notes (i just think these guys are thirsty as hell), "hey beautiful!" (my response : im ugly), "how old are you?" (my responses : im 10), "are you a girl?" (my response : no! im a pre-pubescent boy!")

c) or the random messages with their phone numbers and a picture of their whoo-whoo-dilly  :|  :angry:  :huh:

@goekie, EXACTLY!!

They say at night the freaks come out. Well those freaks are not nearly as creepy as the majority of people participating in online gaming.

Whenever I play online, the first thing I do is mute everyone. Makes gaming so much more comfy!

Please don't pay them any heed, they are just lonely sad boys with very low self-esteem and way too insecure to talk to women in real life. The guys with the biggest mouths usually have the smallest ding dongs

• Like 1

They say at night the freaks come out. Well those freaks are not nearly as creepy as the majority of people participating in online gaming.

Whenever I play online, the first thing I do is mute everyone. Makes gaming so much more comfy!

Please don't pay them any heed, they are just lonely sad boys with very low self-esteem and way too insecure to talk to women in real life. The guys with the biggest mouths usually have the smallest ding dongs

^^^THIS!! but ive long ago muted everyone in game lobbies, maybe thats why im enjoying gta5 online so much. invite only session + chat setting : crew and friends = best MP experience ... EVER!!!

^^^THIS!! but ive long ago muted everyone in game lobbies, maybe thats why im enjoying gta5 online so much. invite only session + chat setting : crew and friends = best MP experience ... EVER!!!

Off topic - I like your signature. Here's another good one: "Is it in yet?".

• Like 1

I wouldn't mind changing mine to something Tails-fan-ish, but I've become known with this name and I'm accustomed to it, so I'll be sticking with it.

Well the one I wanted originally was taken, little-miss-biatch haha :P wanted it to be the same as my email because I couldn't think of anything else then i just chose sb which are the initials of my name.

That's 18 characters... so how can that be taken?

Edited by Shadowrider50