If Sony allowed you to change your username, would you do it?

Aalicia

I was ashamed of my PS3 nick name so I made a new one when I got PS4. Later I've started playing my favorite PS3 games also with the new one. I'm happy with my name now. It's half humorish translation of Bastian Schweinsteiger's last name. It's a Finnish translation for "Pigtiger" lacking only i in the end because Sikatiikeri was taken, now it's funnier though because the meaning is still the same, only with a funny Finnish dialect.

Technically I have since when I got a PS3 again I hated my old one (chocolant). BUT although i do really like my name now, I'm sure one day I'll grow bored of it so I'd love it if they impliment the option. How much would I pay? Umm well xbox is about £6 so £5-£10 seems reasonable to me. But then Ive had some nice comments on BF 4 when 'A-grumpy-Ant killed you' so I'm not sure I would unless I have a genius name appear in my head, which is unlikley since I have no imagination with names :giggle:  :blush:

I can see though why they should..some people made accounts wayyyyy back, and although some say put thought into your name at the start, the simple truth is some people may of been much younger and people change. If I was 13 and made a silly name I'm pretty sure 7-8 years on I may not like that name..

Edited by A-Grumpy-Ant
  • Like 1

If you could change your psn id, what would you change it to? Would you pay money to change your name? Why or why not?

I would change my psn id to Ron_Jeremy .. I'd paid up to $10 USD to change it ... I love my name, but when you first get a ps3, you don't know what trophy-hunting is/was, so you're not thinking about your name in terms of longevity. But most of all, i hate the inappropriate messages that i constantly receive, because I'm a girl. -___-

Today on the PS Blog someone asked about name changes. Scott McCarthy, Director, Product Planing and Software Innovation at SCEA said, "Considered it. How often would do you think you would use it?" Anyone that wants this feature, go to this link http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/04/16/ps4-update-1-70-coming-soon-introducing-sharefactory/#comment-971624 and let him know. If you have a Twitter or Facebook let Sony know. Considering they have been thinking about it, I am sure after some more requests, they will implement it.

• Like 1

Tidux reported that name change will be included in PS4 update.

Not in the following one, but they said that psn name change is in the works.

I wonder why someone didn't made a topic about it, 'cause thats great news, if it's true.

It actually could be true, because Tidux is known for giving true informations about Playstation.

Edited by Amonares

On 4/24/2014 at 5:03 PM, Oblivion173 said:

I would really like to change my PSN ID. I've wanted to change it ever since i got it but over the years it has grown on me and now i don't want to change it :lol:

Same with me lol. Wanted to change it but too much memories on this account. Idk if I would change my name if that feature really would exist one day. I would think about it.

Edited by Amonares

Well it would most likely be just some extra money for Sony so no wonder they're giving it a thought. Sure it does some extra work too but I bet there's gazillions of users who want to change their nickname instead of making a new one. I mean every single Playstation related forum has at least three topics about changing it.

Sure it does some extra work too but I bet there's gazillions of users who want to change their nickname instead of making a new one. I mean every single Playstation related forum has at least three topics about changing it.

Given that one is able to change their address already, the actual "feature" is there already. Without much knowledge of programming, shouldn't be too much of a deal to add such feature. Not to even talk about the increased revenue such would bring.

Given that one is able to change their address already, the actual "feature" is there already. Without much knowledge of programming, shouldn't be too much of a deal to add such feature. Not to even talk about the increased revenue such would bring.

You're right not much of a programming but some details like what to do with all the abandoned and banned nicknames, when would they become available again and stuff. Also keeping track of all the user accounts is faster and easier with nicknames than with IMEI and IP address. If you change your email address and nickname every day it gets more difficult to report you of cheating and so on.

I guess they're gonna do it just like Microsoft with Xbox - correct me if I'm wrong - they can change it once a year and they have to pay 20 bucks for it.

You're right not much of a programming but some details like what to do with all the abandoned and banned nicknames, when would they become available again and stuff. Also keeping track of all the user accounts is faster and easier with nicknames than with IMEI and IP address. If you change your email address and nickname every day it gets more difficult to report you of cheating and so on.

I guess they're gonna do it just like Microsoft with Xbox - correct me if I'm wrong - they can change it once a year and they have to pay 20 bucks for it.

Keeping database records of such changes wouldn't be an issue either; Steam does it already, and even shows publicly the names you've used before IIRC. Sure wouldn't be implemented in a mere day, but still wouldn't be too much to ask really.

Anyhow, MS' way looks pretty good.

I've wanted to change mine before as this was my old tag from back in the day, but doubt I would now as I've grown attached to it. Everyone knows me as it too.

No I like mine because it's catchy and easy to say. Everyone likes it.

I don't, it's one of the gayest names I've seen or heard in a long time!

• 5 weeks later...

I'd probably just drop the first half of my name. When I registered it - back before the PS3 was even out, the basic version of my name, "SniperFox" was already taken. So, just went with the back up - my name with the old Metal Gear Online clan acronymn before it.

Edited by VicFox