DanielVT's Thread of Answers

DanielVT

I have read your guidelines, and my most recent question appears to be valid. Please answer, I am curious.

It is not about a specific video game or about Playstation history or consoles. However, I will make an exception since I had not yet posted the rules before you asked the question. It may be a day or so before I get back to you as I am deep in a Mid-term exam essay. Thanks for your understanding.

I just got 4 out of 5 by mostly guessing :blink:.

Wish I knew which one I got wrong :P

Wow, impressive. You have very good instincts. It was very lame that they did not give you the answers after the quiz was done. I felt like the whole test was pointless if there was not answer. Maybe that is just me.

dude you are on a lost cause with this thread . its the age of the internet , if you want to find out something you look it up .

So, what? At least Daniel wants to be active with some of the fellow members and help with opinions and questions. I personally think it's pretty cool.

Anyways, what's your viewpoint on Call of Duty? I'm curious to see what others think and have a solid opinion and not just, it's good or bad. Also, favorite plat obtained and for what game?

Last question: Why are you awesome? :lol:

• Like 1

So, what? At least Daniel wants to be active with some of the fellow members and help with opinions and questions. I personally think it's pretty cool.

Anyways, what's your viewpoint on Call of Duty? I'm curious to see what others think and have a solid opinion and not just, it's good or bad. Also, favorite plat obtained and for what game?

Last question: Why are you awesome? :lol:

Thank you so much Scotty for being the first to understand the purpose of the thread. You are clearly a genius!!! :) Thank you for asking a question follows along the guideline. I have been a Call of Duty fan since Call of Duty 1 (or Classic) blew my mind on the PC. I remember staying up late and watching my dad play the game on his PC till late at night. It provided so many memories that I will cherish forever. Call of Duty 2 my dad and I pre-ordered and it was the first game COD I was old enought to play. COD 2 made our jaws drop. At the time it was photo-realistic and literally blew our minds. To this day it still looks visually impressive and chaotically intense. From those days on, I have played every single game (except for cell-phone and the PSP game) and it is my favorite video game franchise. I own every PS3 game, and am proud to have every platinum as well as every trophy (well I am stil working on the final zombie trophy in BLOPS and the new DLC trophies in MW3) ;) . I look forward to COD's yearly release. I understand that people get burned out by it, but I don't. I do see similarities between the games, but the campaign is always a non-stop adrenaline rush. Sometimes that is all I want to do is do cool things and see cool stuff explode. It is for that reason that I like MW3's lightning fast pace and epic set pieces. I find it ridiculous to hear people say that all COD's just copy and paste. They are all solid and polished games. Each installment has its own MP features that make it unique and keep up the interest. With all that said, I do somwhat miss the days of COD 2 when the campaign was the focus and it felt more authentic and grittier. However the fact that COD has become somwhat Arcadey is not a detractor. No other game offers the frenetic heart-stopping and sweat infused MP session that COD has to offer. While many people love to jump on the hate wagon, the series continue to set records so somebody obviously like it! lol I expect BLOPS 2 to redefine the series just like COD 4 did. One person compared the series to a sportsfranchise with its yearly releases and tweaks. I find that to be a good thing, and a somewhat accurate description. I am not a mindless fanboy however as I like BF3's open epic battlefields and I like adventure games or some platformers as well.

As for my favorite plat, I would possibly say Homefront. I like it because I got it (just like every other trophy) completely legit and it so rare. Only 1% of players have the platinum as it takes way over 100 hours (Probably around 150 or so). It took me most of a summer of steady playing to get it. The trophy list requires skill unless you boost, and it felt so good to have finally earned it. I look forward to the sequel, as the whole concept was disturbing and fresh.

As for the final question, I don't know if I'm awesome. Some people around here don't like me all that much. They give me crap for being Christian or standing up for what I believe etc. I also sometime refuse to stand down from an argument and it probably rubs off the wrong way on people. Look at how this thread has been taken thus far. I started it to try to help people, but people make fun of it etc. It is shame too, because people that know me seem to really like me (why I don't know ;) ) So that is a question you would have to answer me! lol

Edited by DanielVT - Temp-Back
  • Like 1

Thank you so much Scotty for being the first to understand the purpose of the thread. You are clearly a genius!!! :) Thank you for asking a question follows along the guideline. I have been a Call of Duty fan since Call of Duty 1 (or Classic) blew my mind on the PC. I remember staying up late and watching my dad play the game on his PC till late at night. It provided so many memories that I will cherish forever. Call of Duty 2 my dad and I pre-ordered and it was the first game COD I was old enought to play. COD 2 made our jaws drop. At the time it was photo-realistic and literally blew our minds. To this day it still looks visually impressive and chaotically intense. From those days on, I have played every single game (except for cell-phone and the PSP game) and it is my favorite video game franchise. I own every PS3 game, and am proud to have every platinum as well as every trophy (well I am stil working on the final zombie trophy in BLOPS and the new DLC trophies in MW3) ;) . I look forward to COD's yearly release. I understand that people get burned out by it, but I don't. I do see similarities between the games, but the campaign is always a non-stop adrenaline rush. Sometimes that is all I want to do is do cool things and see cool stuff explode. It is for that reason that I like MW3's lightning fast pace and epic set pieces. I find it ridiculous to hear people say that all COD's just copy and paste. They are all solid and polished games. Each installment has its own MP features that make it unique and keep up the interest. With all that said, I do somwhat miss the days of COD 2 when the campaign was the focus and it felt more authentic and grittier. However the fact that COD has become somwhat Arcadey is not a detractor. No other game offers the frenetic heart-stopping and sweat infused MP session that COD has to offer. While many people love to jump on the hate wagon, the series continue to set records so somebody obviously like it! lol I expect BLOPS 2 to redefine the series just like COD 4 did. One person compared the series to a sportsfranchise with its yearly releases and tweaks. I find that to be a good thing, and a somewhat accurate description. I am not a mindless fanboy however as I like BF3's open epic battlefields and I like adventure games or some platformers as well.

As for my favorite plat, I would possibly say Homefront. I like it because I got it (just like every other trophy) completely legit and it so rare. Only 1% of players have the platinum as it takes way over 100 hours (Probably around 150 or so). It took me most of a summer of steady playing to get it. The trophy list requires skill unless you boost, and it felt so good to have finally earned it. I look forward to the sequel, as the whole concept was disturbing and fresh.

As for the final question, I don't know if I'm awesome. Some people around here don't like me all that much. They give me crap for being Christian or standing up for what I believe etc. I also sometime refuse to stand down from an argument and it probably rubs off the wrong way on people. Look at how this thread has been taken thus far. I started it to try to help people, but people make fun of it etc. It is shame too, because people that know me seem to really like me (why I don't know ;) ) So that is a question you would have to answer me! lol

Don't fret about it, man. I respect people's opinions whether or not they give me shit and just try and make the best out of it. People don't know what they have until it's gone and will probably make more 1 question/1 answer threads about nothing when someone who's willing to answer them and help out is being made fun of. Ah... It's like Batman, he's good but branded as a "terrorist" ;)

Don't fret about it, man. I respect people's opinions whether or not they give me shit and just try and make the best out of it. People don't know what they have until it's gone and will probably make more 1 question/1 answer threads about nothing when someone who's willing to answer them and help out is being made fun of. Ah... It's like Batman, he's good but branded as a "terrorist" ;)

Yeah, I don't really care anymore. Batman is cool......a terrorist I am then! lol Wow....that was a stretch. ;)

• Like 1

Ok Dan, what do you prefer:

FPS: A.Call of Duty B.Medal of Honor C.Battlefield D.Misc. Sports: A.NFL B.FIFA C.MLB B: College (any sport)

Also, which are you looking forward to the most? Black Ops 2 or Warfighter? :huh: I heard that BO2 redifines CoD, but WF has a totally new MP :lol:!

Last question for merely trivia purposes: Whats the best PS forum out there? xD Hopefully this wont stump you!

P.S. This thread has a lot of potential and I'd love to see it grow, :shakefist: so as long as the spaming is kept to a minimum it should come out great. Keep it real! :pimp:

Edited by navep9
  • Like 1

Ok Dan, what do you prefer:

FPS: A.Call of Duty B.Medal of Honor C.Battlefield D.Misc. Sports: A.NFL B.FIFA C.MLB B: College (any sport)

Also, which are you looking forward to the most? Black Ops 2 or Warfighter? :huh: I heard that BO2 redifines CoD, but WF has a totally new MP :lol:!

Last question for merely trivia purposes: Whats the best PS forum out there? xD Hopefully this wont stump you!

P.S. This thread has a lot of potential and I'd love to see it grow, :shakefist: so as long as the spaming is kept to a minimum it should come out great. Keep it real! :pimp:

Amen to the "keeping it real" part. The question you asked are literally brutally hard for me to answer. I would say COD is my favorite FPS franchise because I have played every entry and basically have grown up with it. As for BLOPS 2 or Warfighter. I would like to say both, but I will stick with BLOPS 2 because of the reasoning above, and it would appear that BLOPS 2 has more content (Choice-based SP, Zombies, MP). etc. Also the future setting has not been done before by a prominent franchise that I know of (you can't really count Battlefield 2142 lol). Finally, the hardest question of all. The best PS forum has to be the dicks at PS3T that kicked me out. No brainer, it has to be this site by far! If for no other reason than that the mods are friendly and don't abuse their power.

If, by some hole in the space time continuum, you were to fist fight yourself, who would win?

This is not related, but fun and easy to answer. I would win, because it's a win-win situation!!!! lol :P

Do you think Video games are over priced or under priced?

In England or USA

I do not think that video games are overpriced. I was reading my GameInformer mag just a few months ago, and it said that with inflation included video games would have cost somewhere around 80 dollars compared to today's 60 (In the US at least). I don't have the exact figures in front of me right now, but the bottom line is that with inflation included we are paying less then two decades ago. At the same time, I'd always like games to be free, but that just does not work! :P

• Like 1

I have question for you. I don't know if you can help but i'll appreciate anything you can dig up.

I've been wondering about the fate of PSN puzzler Storm ... https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/Storm

I found out that shortly after it's release on the US Store it was mysteriously removed. Don't know why, and I don't know if it's still absent, but from the trailers it looks like 'my kinda thing' and have been waiting to hear news of an EU release.

Can you find out what happened? Will it ever be released (properly)? I've tried searching for news myself but Google always brings up results for other games that have 'Storm' IN the title, like Ultimate Ninja Storm.

I've got the platinum for MW3

Is the DLC worth getting because the 100% would be decent

The 100% is nice to have. It really comes down to how much you like COD and MW3. Do you play online at all? If so you will get your value out of the DLC maps like I have. As for the actual DLC Spec Ops missions, they are quite fun. I have played them each a few times, but after a bit you really will not have a need to come back. As I said, it comes down to if you are a fan (like I am) and whether or not the 100% and the actual content from the DLC packs are worth the $45 necessary for buying the three packs that have the 27 (That number is not verified, but I believe it is correct) DLC trophies, and this does not include the upcoming fourth map pack that has 5 MP maps but no trophies. To sum it all up, it was worth it to me, but I have been a fan of COD since the first game. You may feel differently. I would suggest if you want the map packs to wait for eventual sales, and/or buy Elite ($50.00) and you get all the DLC and extras. Let me know what you decide! :)

I have question for you. I don't know if you can help but i'll appreciate anything you can dig up.

I've been wondering about the fate of PSN puzzler Storm ... https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/Storm

I found out that shortly after it's release on the US Store it was mysteriously removed. Don't know why, and I don't know if it's still absent, but from the trailers it looks like 'my kinda thing' and have been waiting to hear news of an EU release.

Can you find out what happened? Will it ever be released (properly)? I've tried searching for news myself but Google always brings up results for other games that have 'Storm' IN the title, like Ultimate Ninja Storm.

I found out what happened. This stil makes no sense as this was in March, and it has not been released and its already September.....go figure. Read the article below.

Zoo Entertainment Explains Why Storm Was Pulled From The PS Store This Week

By Sakinah Samara

– March 2, 2012Posted in: News, PSN News

Storm,the physics-based puzzle game where players control the weather was briefly made available this week with Tuesday’s PSN update but was quickly removed afterwards.

Players looking forward to unique game were taken off guard by this abrupt turn of events as Zoo Entertainment had offered no warning ahead of time. Thursday a statement was provided by the game’s publisher, Zoo Entertainment, regarding the status of the digital title’s release.

“We apologize profusely to the fans of Storm. IndiePub has been crafting the game for a multi-platform, simultaneous launch. Unfortunately, due to an oversight on our part, we were unable to meet our projected global release schedule. We hope to have a new release date published very soon and will let you know as soon as possible.”

Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation Sr. Social Media Manager, passed the information along to readers inquiring about Storm on the official PS Blog.

Source: http://thesilentchie...tore-this-week/

I am not sure if this is the same game but Zoo Entertainment is somehow involved with indiePub and on indiePub there is a free download for Storm on the PC. You may want to check it out. :)http://www.indiepubgames.com/game/Storm

There is nothing else regarding the game which is quite strange. I mean there is a trophy list and somebody has even written a trophy guide for the game. It is all rather mysterious.

When will ecolibrium be release in NA region :P cause I found sept 12, as a date, and thats not right. Since you want to know too, get at it!

September 12: EU Release Date

Read story here:http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012/09/11/ecolibrium-arrives-on-vita-tomorrow/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:%20SCEEBlog%20(blog.eu.playstation.com)

All other websites say September 12 for the States as well. http://www.psu.com/Ecolibrium--g2603.php

In your opinion, who is the best First Person Shooter developer out there?

I would certainly say Treyarch. Treyarch is the company that arguably listens to fans the most and delivers time and again. They also continue to push the envelope with the COD series. BLOPS 2 is testament to their bravery. They are shaking the COD campaign up and other parts of the game as well. I would after that say that a close second would be Guerilla games as it keeps the quality bar extremely high with each Killzone entry, and not to mention, their games show the gritty and appalling beauty that war provides.

Persona 4 Arena PAL release date, will it be this year or sometime this lifetime?

Here is the info you were looking for, please ignore the screwed up formatting. All credit goes to the following website: http://www.eventhubs...lopment-issues/. In short the game is going through development issues and date is not known at the moment. However, here is the actual article:

Persona 4 Arena Europe release date still unknown due to development issues

SFilp.jpg

Posted by SFilp

August 23, 2012 at 2:30 p.m. PDT

socialcomment.png

23_p4arelease.jpg

The Persona Europe official

Facebook page

has issued a statement on the Persona 4: Arena Europe release date. The game has been delayed due to "issues surrounding development" and they cannot give us a set date for release.

Hit the jump to see the rest of the statement.

Good Morning Everyone,

With so much speculation going around with regards to the release date and status of the EU version, we thought it best to address this on here.

There are currently a number of issues surrounding development and subsequent release of Persona 4 Arena in Europe. As we are not directly involved in the development process for P4A, these are elements which are beyond our control.

We are however, doing everything we can to help resolve this, so that we can get the game into stores and, crucially, into your hands as quickly as possible.

We do understand your frustration and a need for a concrete release date, however, until we can ascertain exactly what that release period will be we are hesitant to do so. We would rather have all the facts about release to hand, and all issues be resolved, before making such an announcement.

Please be assured that as soon as WE know what the release date will be, YOU will be the first to know.

Any dates you see online are purely speculation. The first announcement of a release date will happen on the Persona Europe FB page and the Persona.4 FB page. We will then notify our contacts in the main Fighting Game Communities around Europe. If you have not seen a confirmed release date on this page, then it is best taken as a rumour.

Please also be aware, any events that are taking place around Europe will not disrupt the process of releasing them game. Given that these issues have arisen, the team here are making a concerted effort to support the community by having payable builds at your events while you await release. I know many of you are eager to play P4A, and we will facilitate that as best we can in the interim.

Josh and Paul are in London today for Astral Heat in Gamerbase and will be more than happy to answer your questions as best they can.

Likewise, I (Geraint - some of you here know me I’m sure!) will be at i46 in Telford on Friday and Saturday, and will be happy to talk, as always - and hopefully enjoy a few games together.

As ever, your patience and understanding is appreciated.

Is there a chance for bayonetta 2 to become multiplatform or bayonetta extreme fans like me have to buy a Wii u?

I was just reading an article about this. From my understanding, Nintendo rescued the series when the previous publisher backed out on a sequel. Thus since Nintendo is Bayonetta 2's publisher it will be a Nintendo Wii U exclusive permanently as far as I can tell. Here is a related article, and please ignore the screwed up formatting, and also have fun buying a Wii U, I don't envy you! :P lol

Bayonetta 2 Announced Exclusively for Wii U

14 September 2012

4 Comments

Posted by:Ferry

1.jpg

bayonetta-2-logo.jpg

Bayonetta 2 has been announced as a

Wii

U exclusive! Platinum Games will be developing and

has become the sequel’s publisher. Bayonetta 2 will be produced by Atsushi Inaba, directed by Yusuke Hashimoto, and the world, story & characters are supervised by Hideki Kamiya.

Why is it a Wii U exclusive? After the first Bayonetta game’s Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 release back in 2010, Sega didn’t want to publish the series anymore, so it’s likely that Nintendo saved the sequel by paying the development costs in exchange for exclusivity.Fans of the original have in some cases been dismayed by the sudden Wii U exclusivity, but frankly that’s ungrateful, since without Nintendo there would not be a sequel and in effect further possible future Bayonetta games.

Platinum Games released a statement explaining the Wii U exclusivity to fans.

To quote Platinum Games president Tatsuya Minami:

“On September 13, 2012 Bayonetta 2 was announced as an exclusive title under development for the Wii U during the Nintendo Direction presentation held on the same day. As game developers, we are incredibly excited to be able to announce a new title to all of our fans; however, we are aware that the announcement may have come as a shock to many of you.

As with Bayonetta, Bayonetta 2 is under development and production here at PlatinumGames, and is a true sequel to the acclaimed first game in the series. Bayonetta is one of our most beloved titles, and it played a large part in establishing PlatinumGames as an emerging game studio in the minds of users worldwide. Bayonetta has fans the world over, and we would never dream of alienating them from participating in the future of PlatinumGames.

That being said, the

games market is in a state of upheaval, so establishing a new game franchise requires a considerable amount of will, determination, and love. Bayonetta is a brand that we want to see become stronger, reaching the hands of more and more

, so we have continued to consult with SEGA, the previous game’s publisher, on how we can make sure this takes place. Our answer was a new partnership with Nintendo.

Along with their new hardware, Nintendo, as a company, is dedicated to establishing a new future for the games industry, as you can tell by their record of passionate support for

. Alongside Nintendo, we hope to grow the Bayonetta brand beyond where it stands today, allowing even more gamers around the world to experience the action of our beloved witch. As developers, we are working hard to make this a reality. – We hope that you will look forward to what we have in

.”

Everyone’s favourite gun-toting diva returns, only on Wii U — check out the Bayonetta 2 teaser trailer here!

Yusuke Hashimoto, the Bayonetta 2 director, adds:

“Everyone on our talented team is united around the core of Bayonetta, Climax Action, in an effort push the series forward. For empowering our heroine with incredible new action to introducing new characters (which you may have noticed in the teaser trailer), Bayonetta will further expand on the mythology of the Trinity of Realities – Inferno, Paradiso, and our human world.”

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Alright DanVT, I have another research quest for you. It regards Quantum Conundrum, or more specifically, one of it's DLC's.

A while ago, the 2nd of the 2 DLC's, "IKE-Karamba" appeared in the EU store. I always intended to buy QC with both DLC's, but when i went to buy them last night, "IKE-Karamba" was gone. All that's there, is the trial, unlock key and DLC #1 "The Desmond Debacle".

Can you find out what happened and if "IKE-Karamba" will be re-released? I don't want to buy QC then not be able to get all the trophies. Thanks.