Braska's final aeon (spoilers!)

D4N11--

Braska's final aeon fight is not fair. All my heroes have 1900-3000 hp expect Auron has like 4600.  I can beat the first form who has 60K HP with Trio of 9999, but the second part when boss has 120K HP he just swings his sword and deals 3.5k dmg to everyone? 2 dies and auron barely survives, I don't have mega phoenix down to restore them both to full hp and if i restore one up then auron stays low hp and dies next turn, or if he doesn't get focused the other guy dies who I just restored. So what can I do? I can't get to Yuna to use "protect" on everyone, If I try to do that on first boss form, does the protect thing carry on to second boss form? Tbh I think I won't be able to use protect on 3 people in firrst fight as every turn someone goes down so I have to use one phoenix down per turn and use auron to attack and next turn someone is already dead,  Yuna phoenixes Rikku and Rikku phoenixes Yuna the cycle continues like 10 times till auron has damaged the boss for 60K DMG (it heals 3K per turn) and auron deals 9999 per turn with Trio of 9999.

Do you have Zombie Touch/Strike on any of your weapons?  I could be mistaken, but I believe if you use zombie strike on him, he will hurt himself when he tries to heal.

Do you have any armor with auto-phoenix? That would help as you wouldn't be using a turn for reviving

I wanted to add that Rikku's Hyper Mighty G mix bestows your characters with shell, protect, haste, regen and auto-life.  That may be useful to use at the start of the battle.

Edited by Mesopithecus

Do you have Zombie Touch/Strike on any of your weapons?  I could be mistaken, but I believe if you use zombie strike on him, he will hurt himself when he tries to heal.

Do you have any armor with auto-phoenix? That would help as you wouldn't be using a turn for reviving

I have only Zombie Attack on Auron, but I tried using that, he just kept healing. Don't have armor with auto-phoenix how do I get that armor?

Zombifying BFA will only cause the next heal to deal damage, as the heal also removes debuffs.

If you're not intentionally going for a low sphere grid run, you should probably run back outside to grind either the city inside Sin or the Omega Ruins.

If you've learned Mighty Guard for Kimarhi, you can use that to give the party most of the useful buffs (though you'll have to make sure to buff whoever you swap in later).

Buffs on your party persist between forms, so yes, Protect and Shell can be cast in the first phase and are retained in the second.

As for Auto-Phoenix, you mentioned you don't have any Mega Phoenixes, so that's not a ready avenue right now. You'd need 20 to fit that onto an armor. If you want, try doing the capture sidequest. I don't remember what unlocks what, but at least one of the Conquests drops a ton of Mega Phoenixes.

If you've learned Entrust (the end of Auron's grid in the original version), you can use that to give Rikku another Mix. Phoenix Down and a Potion gives a Final Phoenix, which is a Mega Phoenix that heals half health, while a Power Distiller and any other Distiller gives Mighty G, which is the aforementioned Mighty Guard.

As a last resort, spam your Aeons. This is your last chance to really break them out, so burst out your Mega Flares, Delta Attacks, and Energy Blasts then.

Edited by Slain087

I have only Zombie Attack on Auron, but I tried using that, he just kept healing. Don't have armor with auto-phoenix how do I get that armor?

I believe you need to customize a piece of armor with 20x mega phoenix; it's a rare item drop from some of the Machina (Mech Defender on Mt Gagazat and YAT-97 in Zanarkand Ruins)

It may be a help to level up your characters some more if you are really struggling - I'm aware it's possible to complete the game without doing so based on the No Sphere Grid, No Aeon challenges I've seen, but if that's not your aim then I recommend making things a little easier on yourself.  

Have you checked out some of the information on the guide on this site?  It offers some really helpful tips :)

Zombifying BFA will only cause the next heal to deal damage, as the heal also removes debuffs.

If you're not intentionally going for a low sphere grid run, you should probably run back outside to grind either the city inside Sin or the Omega Ruins.

If you've learned Mighty Guard for Kimarhi, you can use that to give the party most of the useful buffs (though you'll have to make sure to buff whoever you swap in later).

Buffs on your party persist between forms, so yes, Protect and Shell can be cast in the first phase and are retained in the second.

As for Auto-Phoenix, you mentioned you don't have any Mega Phoenixes, so that's not a ready avenue right now. You'd need 20 to fit that onto an armor. If you want, try doing the capture sidequest. I don't remember what unlocks what, but at least one of the Conquests drops a ton of Mega Phoenixes.

Hmm, okay. I'll try using Kimahri's Mighty Guard on my characters who I'm gonna use on second boss form, I've came up with idea if wakka's Attack Reels overdrive deals also 9999 with each attack? That would make it deal up to 60K DMG alone if i hit 6! Also Tidus overdrive Slice & Dice, It deals multiple dmg on all enemies if it also deals 9999 per strike it would be usefull I think! So I have strategy how I'm gonna deal dmg mostly but survival seems the problem

Also, Wakka deals twice the amount of hits if you get the three Attack Reels the same.

Also also, try doing a nasty little trick previous bosses used on you - Zombify it, then blast it with healing items and spells like Regen and Curaga.

(also also also, there were a couple of tricks I added before I noticed further posts, so check those out too!)

• Like 1

I didn't get chance to try this strategy... one time I got to 2nd boss form- the boss slashed 1 time -> confusion came on rikku and that took my turn away so he slashed 2 times in a row = everyone died. Everyone had kimahris protect but wasn't enough :/ unlucky. Rest 10 attempts got unlucky with deaths and they denied my turn so enemy took 2 people down so it went to cycle of death and phoenixs.. got unbelievable lucky boss always focused my low hp guys instead of auron who is tanky. I'll try again later.

Braska's final aeon fight is not fair. All my heroes have 1900-3000 hp expect Auron has like 4600.  I can beat the first form who has 60K HP with Trio of 9999, but the second part when boss has 120K HP he just swings his sword and deals 3.5k dmg to everyone? 2 dies and auron barely survives, I don't have mega phoenix down to restore them both to full hp and if i restore one up then auron stays low hp and dies next turn, or if he doesn't get focused the other guy dies who I just restored. So what can I do? I can't get to Yuna to use "protect" on everyone, If I try to do that on first boss form, does the protect thing carry on to second boss form? Tbh I think I won't be able to use protect on 3 people in firrst fight as every turn someone goes down so I have to use one phoenix down per turn and use auron to attack and next turn someone is already dead,  Yuna phoenixes Rikku and Rikku phoenixes Yuna the cycle continues like 10 times till auron has damaged the boss for 60K DMG (it heals 3K per turn) and auron deals 9999 per turn with Trio of 9999.

I assume you're going for the platinum (judging by your completion % on your trophy card), so I strongly suggest you go out and level up a bit, it'll help in the long run, and help you beat the boss. If you still have problems with Protect/Reviving your allies, consider building up accessories with Auto Protect/Auto Phoenix/Auto Haste/Ribbon (or Stoneproof) since you'll be using those accessories for Dark Aeons/Monster Arena too. Mixing Ultra NullAll on turn 1 with Rikku is useful too, as it casts Cheer x5, Focus x5, Reflex x5, and Aim x5 on everyone. You can mix that by using Healing Spring + Healing Spring. You'll get a lot from Kottos in the monster arena. You'll probably also use this strategy for Dark Aeons too.

I assume you're going for the platinum (judging by your completion % on your trophy card), so I strongly suggest you go out and level up a bit, it'll help in the long run, and help you beat the boss. If you still have problems with Protect/Reviving your allies, consider building up accessories with Auto Protect/Auto Phoenix/Auto Haste/Ribbon (or Stoneproof) since you'll be using those accessories for Dark Aeons/Monster Arena too. Mixing Ultra NullAll on turn 1 with Rikku is useful too, as it casts Cheer x5, Focus x5, Reflex x5, and Aim x5 on everyone. You can mix that by using Healing Spring + Healing Spring. You'll get a lot from Kottos in the monster arena. You'll probably also use this strategy for Dark Aeons too.

I already beated the boss. Thanks anyways