Madbuk's List of Unfinished Games

madbuk

6 hours ago, Spaz said:

I didn't want to buy the first Mirrors Edge due to it's sheer difficulty. Catalyst looks a lot more doable for a guy like me who personally hates speed run trophies.

Don't let the challenge put you off, it's very doable and very satisfying (and in general it's one of the best games of last gen). The time trials are all really short (about 2 minutes max) so it's not like you're replaying a lot every time you fail. Getting 90 stars only took me 2 days and I'm not exactly the best Mirror's Edge player :P There's also some leeway, you only need 90 stars but there are 99 total. And if you're only going for the platinum, you only need 50 stars, which is very doable even with the base game alone. 

The full chapter speedruns do last longer, and they're less fun because of that, but completing those only took a further 2 days. It's a very short platinum.

LHe6bb54.jpg

Progress Update: #187 - Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit

1Lea0d8f.png

My first exposure to NFS was Most Wanted, and honestly I didn't enjoy it at all. But my biggest issue with MW was the open world, it just felt so unnecessary, and I was told Hot Pursuit didn't have one. So I decided to get this on sale, and it was a lot of fun. It was a lot more challenging than I was expecting in certain spots, especially during racer events, but it's definitely doable. Reminded me a lot of the older Burnout games which I really liked, I'm glad I played this because it proved not every NFS is as terrible and boring as Most Wanted was.

Spoiler

Digital {Excluding PS+}

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit [+43] {+68%} (COMPLETE!)

Games With Unfinished Online Trophies

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit [+2]

Edited by madbuk

LHeb1f6c.jpg

Progress Update: #188 - The Book of Unwritten Tales 2

1Lff7569.png

This game was pretty good. It does have its flaws - you have to examine the same object(s) multiple times to pick them up, so it's very easy to examine something once or twice and then walk past it and have to pixel hunt for ages later to figure out that what you had examined before had to be examined yet again. After realizing this, I just gave up and started following a guide.

The main narrative wasn't incredibly engaging, which is a shame because the main trio of characters were all interesting. Voice acting was pretty good as well, and although I have issues with gathering items to solve puzzles, the puzzles themselves usually are fairly logical and not completely random like a lot of other point and click games. I will say that losing all your items every time you started a new chapter was a surprise (and a slight disappointment) since most of my experience with this genre is from Broken Sword, where George and Nico (the main characters) hoard all the items and present them to anyone and everyone they encounter throughout the game.

For the price I paid for this ($1 along with 4 other games) it was definitely worth it. There were a lot of unanswered questions so hopefully we get a third game at some point.

Spoiler

Digital {Excluding PS+}

NEW GAME: Arcania [+0] {+0%}

NEW GAME: Deponia [+0] {+0%}

NEW GAME: The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 [+51] {+100%} (COMPLETE!)

Edited by madbuk

LHca4876.jpg

Progress Update: #189 - Deponia

1L9a0bce.png

This game was fun. Unlike Book of Unwritten Tales 2, I went straight into using a guide from the start of this and treated it like an interactive movie instead of a game. A lot of people would say that I did the game a disservice, but tbh I played around with all the dialogue choices that interested me, and did all the puzzles even when the guide I was using said to skip them, and it was enjoyable, so I don't really care. I was really surprised at how short it was after having just finished TBoUT2, which was extremely lengthy. It was actually rather disappointing how short it was, since the story and the characters were both good whereas in TBoUT2, only the characters really stood out to me as interesting. I hope we get the sequels eventually, although if they're all this short I'll definitely be waiting on a sale for them. This game and TBoUT2 have convinced me to give Day of the Tentacle a try even though the art style of that game had initially put me off. It's currently downloading, and I'm going into it expecting it not to be as good as Deponia/TBoUT2, so it should be fairly enjoyable.

Spoiler

Digital {Excluding PS+}

Deponia [+19] {+100%} (COMPLETE!)

Edited by madbuk

LH20d9a3.jpg

Progress Update: #190 - Severed

1Le80804.png

This game is extremely overrated, imo. It's not bad, it's just remarkably average. The combat is extremely repetitive, even with the late-game mechanics like buffs and the time limit you have when fighting on clouds. It's basically just the same thing over and over and over. I'm really glad that the game was as short as it was. The puzzles were okay though I guess, honestly I think the game would've been better if they dropped the combat and just focused entirely on dungeon crawling and puzzle solving - that was repetitive too, but it wasn't nearly as tedious as combat.

I've decided to rearrange my checklist a bit, I've removed all the 0% games from the sections they were in and created an "Unstarted" section to contain them all. I've also hidden them on my PSN profile, since I don't see any need to keep them on there now I have a checklist to track them anyway.

Spoiler

PS+ Titles

Severed [+19] {+79%} (COMPLETE!)

Retail

Darksiders II [+2] {+3%}

Digital {Excluding PS+}

Arcania [+17] {+31%}

Risen 3: Titan Lords - Enhanced Edition [+2] {+3%}

Watch Dogs 2 [+1]

Unstarted

NEW GAME: Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Remastered [53]

NEW GAME: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception Remastered [59]

NEW GAME: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune Remastered [54]

Unpurchased DLC

NEW DLC: Watch Dogs 2 - No Compromise [Watch Dogs 2] {£7.99}

Edited by madbuk

22 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Go play The Witcher III. Now. I haven't finished it myself and even I can see leaving it at only one trophy is a mistake. Great game, wish I was better at getting through big open world games before I'm distracted by other stuff.

I can't get into the combat, and that's impacting my enjoyment of everything else. Gwent is a lot of fun though (I think I've missed some cards though so I'm going to have to do 2 playthroughs -_-), and the story is interesting.

18 minutes ago, madbuk said:

I can't get into the combat, and that's impacting my enjoyment of everything else. Gwent is a lot of fun though (I think I've missed some cards though so I'm going to have to do 2 playthroughs -_-), and the story is interesting.

Wait, have you played on a secondary account or something? Because with only one trophy obtained, I doubt you've already gotten far enough to have missed cards.

I'm not really a fan of the combat but I love the story, I'm just playing through it on easy though because I'm not going for the platinum and I had the feeling that a too high difficulty level made the game too grindy for me and that's probably part of why I didn't finish the game the first time around.

17 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Wait, have you played on a secondary account or something? Because with only one trophy obtained, I doubt you've already gotten far enough to have missed cards.

I'm not really a fan of the combat but I love the story, I'm just playing through it on easy though because I'm not going for the platinum and I had the feeling that a too high difficulty level made the game too grindy for me and that's probably part of why I didn't finish the game the first time around.

The first trophy actually pops quite far in, and I've played a bit past that point too. Met the Red Baron and started doing his quests.

Spoiler

When you first meet Yennefer and get taken to the ball thing, there's a guy playing Gwent who you can win a card from. I did win against him, but I don't remember getting a card for it, so I think I did something wrong. Also it's possible to miss a card in the first tavern you come across if you choose the wrong dialogue options and/or lose against the person who teaches you about Gwent, but thankfully I got that one. I think I missed a few at the tavern that you can buy, but I should still be able to get those.

18 minutes ago, madbuk said:

The first trophy actually pops quite far in, and I've played a bit past that point too. Met the Red Baron and started doing his quests.

Reveal hidden contents

When you first meet Yennefer and get taken to the ball thing, there's a guy playing Gwent who you can win a card from. I did win against him, but I don't remember getting a card for it, so I think I did something wrong. Also it's possible to miss a card in the first tavern you come across if you choose the wrong dialogue options and/or lose against the person who teaches you about Gwent, but thankfully I got that one. I think I missed a few at the tavern that you can buy, but I should still be able to get those.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/3573-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt/34-card-collector

Here's what you need to know about the missable cards.

The first trophy doesn't pop that far into the game... An hour or two of playtime maybe? There's also a fair number of other trophies that can easily unlock very soon, like winning a round of Gwent with neutral cards, killing five opponents in ten seconds, killing five opponents in a fight without taking damage, defeat an opponent in a fistfight without taking damage, reading 30 books, learning 12 potions... I figured you couldn't really be very far into the game without unlocking more than just the first story trophy.

LH2a1f64.jpg

Progress Update: #191 - Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood

1L425cd7.png

This game was... okay. The multiplayer was fun for the first few matches before becoming very repetitive, and the main story's plot wasn't really anything special. The single player gameplay was fairly enjoyable, although FPS is hardly one of my favourite genres so it would've taken quite a lot for me to end up enjoying this all the way through - it sure did have its moments of bullshit, like chapter 1, 14 and 15. Fuck those chapters on very hard, waves and waves of enemies and, especially in certain parts of 1, no decent cover to use. Felt like it came down to luck whether you lived or died, really. Having acknowledged my general dislike of FPS games, I will say that if you are a fan of FPS games it may be worth at least giving this a shot, because while I did find it average, I have a bias that a FPS gamer wouldn't suffer from.

Shout outs to @re_panos for convincing me to start this after the server closure (lol) was announced, @ahmedelebiary for reminding me I should get back to this after I abandoned it upon finishing the MP and @FFHannibal for some of their tips since they were running through it alongside me.

Spoiler

PS+ Titles

Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood [+33] {+68%} (COMPLETE!)

Retail

Batman: Arkham Origins [+5] {+6%}

Watch Dogs 2 [+1] {+2%}

Watch Dogs 2 [+1]

Edited by madbuk
  • Like 3

LH92c5cd.jpg

Progress Update: #192 - Pro Evolution Soccer 2014

1Le3d0e1.png

Another game that @ahmedelebiary suggested I finish up... Except this trash wasn't anywhere near as enjoyable as their last suggestion, Call of Juarez. Okay, so maybe sports isn't really my thing. I really enjoyed my many hours with Quidditch World Cup, but other than that and the really short NBA demo that released a while back, this is the only sports game I've played. I wish I hadn't started it, I was hesitant to when it was on PS+ but people on PSNP convinced me otherwise so I figured I'd give it a shot.

Honestly you spend more time in menus than you do actually playing, I probably only played about 40-50 games overall - and that was a godsend, because if I had to play every single one... :S I just don't understand the appeal, every match is identical to the last, and all you do is kick a ball around a pitch for 5-10 minutes. Yay? Exciting? No. I'm so glad this is done so I can finally delete it after 3 years, I'm almost definitely never touching a sports game again unless EA decide to either remaster/emulate Quidditch World Cup or make a sequel.

Spoiler

PS+ Titles

Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 [+17] {+57%} (COMPLETE!)

Edited by madbuk
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

LH369f45.jpg

LHe2300d.jpg

LH28d51a.jpg

Progress Update: #193 - Steins;Gate

1L35ebdf.png

This game was far better than I was expecting. I was expecting some incredibly overhyped niche weeb game, but it was only $2.99 so I figured I'd give it a shot. Definitely the best VN I've played so far, the characters were all good (although the main character's fantasies were rather grating at times) and the overall plot, while it does start slow, was worth the read. Christina was my favourite character, but that's about all I'll say since this is a VN and you can't really discuss it without spoiling stuff.

Steins;Gate 0 has made it into my wishlist and I highly recommend this game to anyone who hasn't played it yet and isn't opposed to VN games. There's a lot of reading, but it's worth it.

Spoiler

PS+ Titles

NEW GAME: ABZÛ [+12] {+100%} (COMPLETE!)

NEW GAME: Type:Rider [+12] {+100%} (COMPLETE!)

Digital {Excluding PS+}

Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition [+1] {+2%}

NEW GAME: Steins;Gate [+42] {+100%} (COMPLETE!)

Unstarted

NEW GAME: Call of Juarez: Gunslinger [17]

NEW GAME: Grim Legends: The Forsaken Bride [24]

NEW GAME: The Order: 1886 [22]

Edited by madbuk

LH261c8a.jpg

Progress Update: #194 - Grim Legends: The Forsaken Bride

1L882b09.png

This game is a hidden object/point and click adventure game, and while these games are generally shunned for being "trophy whore" territory, the genre is actually one of my guilty pleasures. Shameful, I know! This was better than the last one I played (Nightmares from the Deep), for multiple reasons. Firstly, and most importantly, there weren't any game breaking bugs (that I ran into anyway), so I could play it without a guide without worrying about doing things in an order that'd break the game. Secondly, the story was a little better too (still not anything too mind blowing), and thirdly, I found the variety of puzzles much more interesting than the ones offered in Nightmares. Not that Nightmares was bad, this one was just a lot better. I love how the puzzles actually make sense - a problem I find with point and click games that aren't HOGs in disguise are that the puzzles are so utterly obscure and random that there's no way you could've figured it out without either a guide or trial and error.

Shame it's just as short as Nightmares though, these games rarely last more than a day even when you aren't following a guide :(

Spoiler

Digital {Excluding PS+}

Grim Legends: The Forsaken Bride [+24] {+100%} (COMPLETE!)

Edited by madbuk

Looks like you're just missing the 5 DecSecs trophy for Watch Dogs 2.

I don't understand why so many people are only missing this one. Is it that hard to find a co op partner for the missions?

Makes me a bit more worried since I'm stuck with a poor internet connection.

7 hours ago, Spaz said:

I don't understand why so many people are only missing this one. Is it that hard to find a co op partner for the missions?

I got a time-out constantly when searching for others but I played the game pretty close to release.

15 hours ago, Spaz said:

The missions are entirely random, I've done about 3 of them after spending an hour or two driving around with a friend waiting for them to pop.

I haven't played much of Watch Dogs 2 at all though, so I'll probably get the remaining 2 just by doing the SP stuff.

LH03272b.jpg

LHdbcd73.jpg

Progress Update: #195 - The Order: 1886

1L8b7a48.png

This game was better and longer than I was expecting, after the lukewarm response it received upon release. Story was kind of boring, and I would've liked some closure on certain characters, but other than that it was a fun experience that didn't drag on too long, and it was nice to be able to get all the trophies with only 5 minutes of clean-up post game (because I never got a kill with grenades, tbh I didn't know I had any until I looked up which weapon I was missing).

I'd honestly recommend this if you can get it very cheap on sale, despite the poor reception. Definitely not full price though, it's too short for that lol.

Spoiler

PS+ Titles

Dragon's Crown [+6] {+9%}

Digital {Excluding PS+}

The Order: 1886 [+22] {+100%} (COMPLETE!)

Uncharted: Fight for Fortune [+6] {+35%} (COMPLETE!)

Edited by madbuk

Nice plug xD

Just now with the images I notice actually how small your backlog is. Kudos!

Also, on PS+ games... My backlog is mostly PS+ games these days (46 out of a total of 78), yet since I joined three years ago I have played through about forty PS+ games and I've tried and dismissed another ten to fifteen games... Do you play PS+ titles that quickly, or do you just not add that many of them to your backlog?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Nice plug xD

Just now with the images I notice actually how small your backlog is. Kudos!

Also, on PS+ games... My backlog is mostly PS+ games these days (46 out of a total of 78), yet since I joined three years ago I have played through about forty PS+ games and I've tried and dismissed another ten to fifteen games... Do you play PS+ titles that quickly, or do you just not add that many of them to your backlog?

If a PS+ game interests me, I'll generally play it on the month it's added and unless it's a lengthy one I'll finish it in the same month, the unfinished ones I have are ones that simply didn't capture my interest enough (or they're too hard like Frozen Synapse Prime :()

Just went through and roughly counted and I've completed about 80-90 PS+ games since joining in 2013.

Thanks for the kudos by the way ^_^

I'll see if I can catch up to that number; trying to buy less anyways so at some point mostly only PS+ titles will remain. It's nice to have such a big PS+ backlog at a point I want to buy less stuff. Past three years I've mostly put focus on getting my paid backlog down but that's working out pretty well.

LH4724b5.jpg

Progress Update: #196 - Assassin's Creed Revelations

1L7c3735.png

And with this, all 21 Assassin's Creed games are finally completed. I started working towards this goal after loving Assassin's Creed II so much back towards the end of 2014, and it has been a very fun journey. There honestly wasn't a single game that I disliked - Chronicles got a bit repetitive, but it was still a good game. It's actually feels kind of sad to be done... I always had an AC game to look forward to, and now there's nothing... I hope that the next AC game is this year instead of next year, because even though I'm somewhat hesitant to be incredibly hyped, since the game appears to be changing the formula a bit too much imo, I can't wait to jump back into this series.

This has easily become my favourite videogame franchise. That used to be Tomb Raider, but then the 2013 game happened and now it's just an above average third person shooter, which isn't what the series should be. Assassin's Creed however has always stuck to what it does best, and I hope that never changes. It would be sad to see it lose its way like Tomb Raider has (or be outright killed like other Ubisoft franchises. I miss Prince of Persia.) I honestly can't recommend these games enough, especially the Ezio games. It's a shame they didn't remaster Assassin's Creed III since Revelations ends on a cliffhanger, and newcomers won't get to have closure unless they still own a PS3. I wish I hadn't waited so long to try this franchise out so that I could've experienced yearly releases alongside everyone else, I was only around for Syndicate before that schedule was thrown out :(

Spoiler

PS+ Titles

Dragon's Crown [+3] {+4%}

NEW GAME: Port Royale 3 [+5] {+4%}

Retail

Assassin's Creed Revelations [+31] {+65%} (COMPLETE!)

Unstarted

NEW GAME: Sonic World Adventure [51]

Edited by madbuk
  • Like 1

LHd46efc.jpg

Progress Update: #197 - Sonic World Adventure

1L1fa771.png

This game is incredible. First I would like to give a huge thanks to @GiuseppeG11 for providing me the opportunity to replay this masterpiece, something I never thought would be possible due to the absurd import prices (this is the Japanese version of Sonic Unleashed, and because it's from Japan it costs about £75 to import :|). The level design, the story (considering it's Sonic), the diverse gameplay, the perfect level of difficulty, a great soundtrack... even the collectibles are kind of fun! This is the ultimate Sonic game to me and I can't imagine there ever being a Sonic game that tops it, considering none so far have even gotten close :( Bit of a shame this version isn't ultra rare like the international version, but oh well, I'll live lol. I truly can't recommend this game enough and it has been an honour to be able to re-experience it and earn another fun platinum along the way, and I will be there if SEGA ever decide to remaster it with a separate list again.

Also, checklist got a bit of an update with a banner from Floriiss :awesome:

Spoiler

Retail

Sonic World Adventure [+51] {+100%} (COMPLETE!)

Digital {Excluding PS+}

LEGO The Hobbit [+5] {+7%}

DLC

PURCHASED: Additional Chapter: BLADE WOLF [Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance]

Edited by madbuk
  • Like 2

LH4fb8da.jpg

LH386f96.jpg

Progress Update: #198 - Tearaway Unfolded

1Lf863b8.png

This... wasn't as good as I remember. Even on Vita I don't remember being too blown away by it, which is why it took me so long to get around to the PS4 version after it was on PS+. It's just so repetitive and overly long. It's not a bad game, it's just a remarkably average one even with the PS4 additions (which are rarely even used. Paper plane is accessible in... what, 3 levels?)

I won't be too opposed to the idea of a Tearaway 2 if there are some major improvements. First, I'd like to see the game be less linear because this game really just feels like you're going in a straight path from start to finish. Maypole Fields had a nice open area and so did Desert, but that was basically it. Second I'd like to see the platforming challenges get more complex because they were far too easy in this game. Crash Bandicoot is a linear game, but at least the platforming is an engaging challenge. Overall I'd recommend at least giving it a try if you're a fan of platformers and got this when it was free on PS+, but don't go in expecting "one of the best Vita games", because it's not, it's average.

Spoiler

PS+ Titles

NEW GAME: Journey [+14] {+100%} (COMPLETE!)

NEW GAME: Tearaway Unfolded [+35] {+100} (COMPLETE!)

DLC

PURCHASED: Watch Dogs 2 - No Compromise [Watch Dogs 2]

PURCHASED: Watch_Dogs 2 Human Conditions [Watch Dogs 2]

Edited by madbuk
  • Like 1

Congrats on completing AC Revelations. I'm not a completionist at all but I like the AC series enough that now that I can play Brotherhood and Revelations without multiplayer trophies, I want to get the platinum in all of them.

I still have not finished Tearaway Unfolded. It was a lot less fun than I thought it would be. Perhaps I just wasn't in the right mood for it, I also couldn't stand Õkami HD when I started it later that month.

• Like 1