Psychonauts (2005 PS2 game) is coming this Tuesday to PS4

Finozzi1696

Update (July 20th): Is finally available on the EU Store! :)

-------------

EDIT 2: It's now available on the US Store. According to Double Fine EU will get it in a few weeks because of the PEGI ratings.

-------------

EDIT: apparently there was a mistake on the PS Blog (this is like Max Payne all over again xD) and Psychonauts was removed from the blog, with the following statement: "*Update: Psychonauts is coming out soon, but not this week. Apologies for the error. Stay tuned for final timing!"

-------------

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/06/05/the-drop-new-playstation-games-for-672016/

-------------

vwJf-fxnkvtn9898768.jpg

-------------

As part of Sony's PS2 emulation on PS4 Psychonauts will be coming to PS4 as a digital-only title this Tuesday according to the US PS Blog, with trophy support and 1080p as its main interesting features.

-------------

The PS Blog description state:
"This classic platformer from Double Fine Productions follows a young psychic named Razputin. In his quest to join the Psychonauts, he breaks into their secret training facility: Whispering Rock Psychic Summer Camp. Raz must use his psychic powers of Telekinesis and Levitation to fight mental demons, unlock hidden memories, and sort emotional baggage."

-------------

Which others PS2 games you want to see on PS4 with trophy support? go here -> http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/33146-wishlist-of-ps2-games-on-ps4/

Edited by Finozzi1696
  • Like 2

But I made sure to make this one look pretty :( I actually forgot about those, but I wasn't sure if I should create a new one or not since some other user created a new RE4 thread some days ago when there was a similar thread already created some months ago about its announcement. I suppose I'm more interested in people knowing about its upcoming release, so if this thread needs to be locked I wouldn't mind :)

And a lot of people would miss out on that information, myself included. Not everybody checks a thread constantly for updates, especially one as old as that.

This warrants a new thread imo

You don't look at the New Posts link at the top of the page? I'm the only one keeping that link in business?

Also, if you're worried about missing release information here, this website posts a list every Saturday or Sunday of new releases for each week.

• Like 1

It's not coming out this week. I just went on psblog to check the release information but unfortunately it's been updated saying they made a mistake.

Yeah it seems that way! I will update the thread right now, thanks :)

That's why I found it weird that its trophy list wasn't leaked yet, most of the time it gets leaked days before this PS2 games are released.

Edited by Finozzi1696

Yeah it seems that way! I will update the thread right now, thanks :)

That's why I found it weird that its trophy list wasn't leaked yet, most of the time it gets leaked days before this PS2 games are released.

Just a wild guess:

It will release next week just after the E3 conference of Sony, together with some other PS2-classics  

Looks like it's out today after all, but for some reason there's no trophies out, at least of yet anyway. I hope there are otherwise this will be real disappointing....

Really? I can't find it on the EU Store, and there is not mention of it on the EU Blog either. Maybe it's another mistake or something, it will have trophy support like all the other PS2 games on PS4 though!

Really? I can't find it on the EU Store, and there is not mention of it on the EU Blog either. Maybe it's another mistake or something, it will have trophy support like all the other PS2 games on PS4 though!

Double Fine posted on their Twitter it's out for America today, out for Europe in a few weeks.

Just a wild guess:

It will release next week just after the E3 conference of Sony, together with some other PS2-classics  

Yeah maybe! hoping that they make deals with more third party studios so we can see more games from other companies instead of just seeing Sony's or Rockstar's games. Maybe they are already doing that.

Double Fine posted on their Twitter it's out for America today, out for Europe in a few weeks.

Thank you I have updated the thread. According to Double Fine it does has trophies, but I don't know why its trophy list hasn't appeared here yet. 

Looks like it's out today after all, but for some reason there's no trophies out, at least of yet anyway. I hope there are otherwise this will be real disappointing....

https://twitter.com/DoubleFine/status/740253819515207682

Seems it will have trophies

It's strange that it's listed as a PS2 Classic rather than a PSN game on the store like the others, though.

I wonder if it plays as bad as it did on PS2... :P

It's strange that it's listed as a PS2 Classic rather than a PSN game on the store like the others, though.

Are you sure that the PS2 classic isn't just that, a PS2 classic? Might be it was released for PS3 without trophies too you know. :o I can't find the classic in EU store. Anyway, it seems like they specify it is the PS4 version that has trophies, as if there is one that doesn't.

Edited by MMDE

Yeah I found it weird too, I got scared because in the PS3 they were labeled as PS2 Classics and they didn't had trophies, but this one does according to Double Fine despite that "PS2 Classic" thing.

Are you sure that PS2 classic isn't just that, a PS2 classic? Might be it was released for PS3 without trophies too you know. :o

Many PS2 games released on PS3 were later labeled as "PSN Game" on their PS4 re-releases and they now have trophy support, don't know why this one is labeled as a PS2 Classic but its not a big deal.

Many PS2 games released on PS3 were later labeled as "PSN Game" on their PS4 re-releases and they now have trophy support, don't know why this one is labeled as a PS2 Classic but its not a big deal.

They're not the same at all though. On PS4 they are "PSN Game"... Unless too old for trophies, that means that they got trophy support. PS1 and PS2 classics don't. PS2 games on PS4 has trophies.

Edited by MMDE

They're not the same at all though. On PS4 they are "PSN Game"... Unless too old for trophies, that means that they got trophy support. PS1 and PS2 classics don't. PS2 games on PS4 has trophies.

Um yeah I already knew all that xD maybe I just didn't understood what you were trying to say on your other message.

So yeah PS1 and PS2 games on PS3 doesn't have trophies, 1080p resolution, remote play, share play or streaming capabilities like the PS2 versions on PS4 does. I was only wondering why this PS2 games on PS4 are all called "PSN game" on the PS Store and Psychonauts is labeled as "PS2 Classic" on this PS4 version, only the PS3 versions were labeled as "PS2 Classic", but like I said is not a big deal as long as it comes with trophy support, which seems that they have according to what DF said.

-----------------

u0jIPZP.png

Double Fine retwitted one of my replies, I feel important! xD ok no  :P

Edited by Finozzi1696
  • Like 1