Final Fantasy XII Remaster announced, coming 2017

Well it seems Omar got his wish. I have mixed feelings about FFXII: the story and most characters are meh and I remember it was necessary to travel a lot to get bits and pieces of story progression. The locations were nice and diverse, so were the enemies. Then there was that Yiazmat fight ... 

• Like 2

Personally I owned a copy of the game but sold it more or less unplayed (maybe half an hour or so what I played). I heard that the story and the characters are not as sympathic as in other FFs but I really like the fact that this game takes place in the Ivalice. I really enjoyed Vagrant Story (I know it has nearly nothing in common with the actual universe) and Final Fantasy Tactics Advance back in the day and I love my fix of Bangas and Viera. :wub:

Edited by Crimson Idol

Well it seems Omar got his wish. I have mixed feelings about FFXII: the story and most characters are meh and I remember it was necessary to travel a lot to get bits and pieces of story progression. The locations were nice and diverse, so were the enemies. Then there was that Yiazmat fight ... 

hahaha, just came to say this :P Guess i can't tease troll him anymore. In other news, can't describe how happy I am with Dark Souls 1, I'll finally have all souls plat and become the new Lord of Cinder :D  Have a wonderful week bud

Edited by Mah2c

This could've been a perfect game for PS3, but i guess it's too late now. I would've preferred a "selector" between Vanilla and IZJS modes, too, but this is better than nothing.

Oh well, if this remaster finally exists, it means it'll also get a PC port sometime in the future, just like all the other main entries (except I and II... for now)

Edited by Lance_87

hahaha, just came to say this :P Guess i can't tease troll him anymore. In other news, can't describe how happy I am with Dark Souls 1, I'll finally have all souls plat and become the new Lord of Cinder :D  Have a wonderful week bud

Yeah, he's been hoping for a FFXII for a long time now.

Awesome bud, have fun with the game :D.

Personally I owned a copy of the game but sold it more or less unplayed (maybe half an hour or so what I played). I heard that the story and the characters are not as sympathic as in other FFs but I really like the fact that this game takes place in the Ivalice. I really enjoyed Vagrant Story (I know it has nearly nothing in common with the actual universe) and Final Fantasy Tactics Advance back in the day and I love my fix of Bangas and Viera. :wub:

Actually every game taking place in Ivalice actually takes places in the same world, just on different ages.

Added the features as someone translated them (can be found in this section http://www.jp.square-enix.com/ff12_tza/#sct2):

• Improved graphics with new tech
  • 7.1 sound
  • Japanese/English voice
  • Original and newly arranged music
  • Shorter loading times
  • auto save mode
  • Improved faster speed mode

https://twitter.com/xenosaga7/status/739747384717021184

Actually every game taking place in Ivalice actually takes places in the same world, just on different ages.

I read about that. The only thing that makes Vagrant Story stand out is that it only plays in one "city" and that it has no common characters from the FF-universe (may be wrong about this as I played in 2001 or 2002). And AFAIK the connection was build in retrospect.

Edited by Crimson Idol