Final Fantasy XII Remaster announced, coming 2017

Picked up L.E. XII on PS2 on a lark way after it came out and from the 15-ish hours I spent in it, I did enjoy it and thought it looked pretty darn good for the age of the PS2 at the time. I'll likely be picking this up since I won't feel put out for spending about $8 on the metal cased limited PS2 version I already have.

Never played XII, It'd be nice to finally play this. But really seeing videos and images of this game didn't really interest me to go play it. Also that Vaan doesn't seem like an interesting protagonist from what I seen in Dissidia 012

Vaan is very generic tbh, the other characters make up for it though

B-but what about IX? :(

EJYdeet.gif I had to make a quick alteration to that GIF, it's a lot better now. :P

XII definitely isn't my favorite, I mean it's playable, but... *sigh* I just have a hard time getting into the battle system. -_-I'll probably still get it just to see a remastered version of Fran though...

Edited by Masamune
  • Like 1

Great to see FF XII getting remastered, there was so much content I did not get to explore before and with new added features, it makes it much more fun to visit Ivalice again.

Seeing once again the sexy duo Balthier and Fran is also a plus~

Yes! XII is one of the few I haven't played, so I'm beyond happy about this! I know there seems to be some division among those who've played it, whether it's one of the best, or not that great. (But, c'mon, that's every FF....)

Now please give us VIII and IX Remastered, Square Enix! That would be amazing! 

B-but what about IX? :(

EJYdeet.gif I had to make a quick alteration to that GIF, it's a lot better now. :P

XII definitely isn't my favorite, I mean it's playable, but... *sigh* I just have a hard time getting into the battle system. -_-I'll probably still get it just to see a remastered version of Fran though...

There's a perfectly reasonable explanation that you probably won't particularly care to hear, but here it is: A few years ago, someone either at Square Enix or connected to the series specifically (that I can't remember their name and can't be bothered to find) mentioned in an interview that he'd eventually like to see all main games (non-MMO) in the series playable on current generation Sony consoles. At that time, these consoles were the PS3 and Vita, the interview was during the development process for FFX/X-2 Remastered, and he was specifically asked about FFXII. All other games at that time were available as PSOne Classics on the PS3 or Vita, and the lone holdouts then were FFX (then currently under development), and Final Fantasy XII. And there's your answer, FFXII is being remastered as the last holdout of the main numbered titles not playable on a PS3 or later. And as I've stated before, and hopefully people are beginning to see, Square Enix hints at what is to come by having their employees idly mention things in passing they'd like to see in the future during interviews. Probably to gauge the fan response.

Edited by damon8r351

Personally I love the fact this is going to be dual audio.

I can finally forego listening to that dub.

I do wonder if the Dead Character Glitch'll be fixed though...

Esp. if there's a Yaizmat trophy. :S

Edited by Jigsy1