Final Fantasy XII Remaster announced, coming 2017

XII definitely isn't my favorite, I mean it's playable, but... *sigh* I just have a hard time getting into the battle system.  -_- I'll probably still get it just to see a remastered version of Fran though...

Really? In my opinion it was the best battle system used in Final Fantasy games. During the fights you didn't have to do anything if you set up the approriate gambits. Of course, it didn't worked with more demanding opponents as Yaizmat or Ultima, but still it was very helpful. 

Also, I think it's going to be the most challenging Final Fantasy game with trophies.. Ultra rare platinum for sure..

Finally... Penelo and Balthier in HD... 

Rather Ashe  :awesome:

Edited by Neku-tan
  • Like 1

Really? In my opinion it was the best battle system used in Final Fantasy games. During the fights you didn't have to do anything if you set up the approriate gambits. Of course, it didn't worked with more demanding opponents as Yaizmat or Ultima, but still it was very helpful. 

Also, I think it's going to be the most challenging Final Fantasy game with trophies.. Ultra rare platinum for sure..

That's my point, I found it quite boring. But I'll always prefer turn-based combat over... whatever FF is turning into now. hehe-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862507

It'll depend on what type of trophies there'll be, & if there'll be any game-breaking cheats in it like there was for VII (those really should've disabled the trophies).

Rather Ashe  :awesome:

but I don't really like Ashe... :( Penelo > Fran > Ashe for me :(

that's what I thought when FFX was launched... now it is in verge of downgrading to Rare panda-emoticon-45.gif?1292863515 well, I do wish that it doesn't require to get each type of weapons... dealing with RNG is gonna be a tough for me...

It'll depend on what type of trophies there'll be

Conquering Yaizmat is required to collect all figures in Pirate Sky Deck and I really doubt if this task hasn't appeared on the trophy list. Also, if they're take the trial mode from ZJS version it would be even harder.. 

well, I do wish that it doesn't require to get each type of weapons... dealing with RNG is gonna be a tough for me...

Yeah I really hate it but this could be on the list too. And of course it will be missable trophy due to Zodiak Sphere.

Do you remember how you get Fomahault? Obviously RNG...

but I don't really like Ashe...  :( Penelo > Fran > Ashe for me  :(

Why?  :(

Edited by Neku-tan

It seems like a lot of you guys have fond memories of XII. I recently played X for the first time thanks to the remaster, and I've got to say I was pretty let down with it. It wasn't a bad game, but considering the way some people talked about it, I was expecting much more. I'm hoping I'll like XII more than X, but I guess I'll see. The biggest turn off with XII for me is the battle system. It looks a lot like combat in an MMO or something and it seems like you can leave it on autopilot for the most part and be totally fine. Well at the very lest it's got to be better than XIII's combat, right?  :P

Edited by Undead Wolf

Apparently they want $50 for this remaster. That's rather high considering both X and X-2 were bundled together for $40 ($30 now).

I don't know how extensive the improvements are since I never played the original, but it seems like a pretty bad deal to me.

I'll get it used, or wait for a price drop for that price (I was thinking it wouldn't be over $40). <_<

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2016/06/06/final-fantasy-xii-the-zodiac-age-is-coming-to-ps4-in-2017/

Has a teaser and some info, the version of XII I played way back was the regular version so I'm not too sure what to expect with the job system and trials, but I'd imagine some of the trophies are going to be a grind.   I had the strat guide back then and that thing could give a Proust novel a run for it's money!   Just remembering the bazaar, the various monster appearance conditions (Red Chocobo anyone), ultimate weapons and all the rng...ouch, but still, it'll be fun!  :P

Apparently they want $50 for this remaster. That's rather high considering both X and X-2 were bundled together for $40 ($30 now).

I don't know how extensive the improvements are since I never played the original, but it seems like a pretty bad deal to me.

Wow, that's actually way less than what I expected...

I expected SE to charge 60-70.

more excited for this than i am for xv. xv combat hasnt grabbed me in yet. its just kind of okay... but ill wait for final product to decide.

also super excited for ff7 remake all coming in a few years. probably similar to hitman, a bunch of episodes, followed by the full thing as a physical release later on.

I am excited to be able to play through this again, and be able to fully experience the story. Unfortunately, due to some life events combined with backlogging this game, I played the first half and then took a 3 year "break" before finishing the game. Completely ruined my gambits and whatnot, forgetting the development I was taking my characters through, and also forgetting a lot of the story. I've always wanted to play from start to finish again, and waited hoping this announcement would come. Thankfully, it did!

Much hype!

more excited for this than i am for xv. xv combat hasnt grabbed me in yet. its just kind of okay... but ill wait for final product to decide.

also super excited for ff7 remake all coming in a few years. probably similar to hitman, a bunch of episodes, followed by the full thing as a physical release later on.

I'm glad I'm not the only one, regarding XV.  I've only played the 2nd demo to be fair but still, I thought the combat felt slow and clunky, and losing track of enemies either by haywire camera angles or simply off-screen...   I don't know why you're lukewarm to the combat but that's how I felt, and even though it's just a demo...it has me a bit worried.   I'll worry about VII nearer the time.  lol

• Like 1

I am curious to see what kind of trophies they will go for in this game. Will they go the route of FFX's list and have the player do everything, or will they go with Type-0's approach and make it super simple, where everything wasn't explored? I wouldn't mind seeing trophies for defeating Yiazmat, Omega, Zodiark and even Trial Mode.

I'm glad I'm not the only one, regarding XV.  I've only played the 2nd demo to be fair but still, I thought the combat felt slow and clunky, and losing track of enemies either by haywire camera angles or simply off-screen...   I don't know why you're lukewarm to the combat but that's how I felt, and even though it's just a demo...it has me a bit worried.   I'll worry about VII nearer the time.  lol

im just sort of pissed about the combat, while remaining optimistic because i paid for it, 110 for the noctis statue, and 100 for the deluxe game with the movie, so after tax im looking at 225. basically got the ultimate edition without the artbook/soundtrack. So id expect it to be good. I like the teleport things but it is a pain to have to aim a camera up at a warp point while like you said, dodging enemies because they fall out of camera sight. It doesnt pan back far enough when theres a group of enemies and with the slowish combat its kind of worrysome. They originally said it would be similar to KH gameplay, well even if they altered that, KH was faster paced and i found it more enjoyable. and i lastly really do not like the HOLD SQUARE button for everything, or HOLD CIRCLE. like come on..... lol. i prefer to button mash than hold one button for like 20 minutes at a time to kill a horde.

But yeah, this is surprisingly the least hyped game for me. Persona 5, Star Ocean 5, Last Guardian, Horion Zero, Watch Dogs 2, FF 12 HD, FF7R, far more hyped for those games. 

• Like 2

im just sort of pissed about the combat, while remaining optimistic because i paid for it, 110 for the noctis statue, and 100 for the deluxe game with the movie, so after tax im looking at 225. basically got the ultimate edition without the artbook/soundtrack. So id expect it to be good. I like the teleport things but it is a pain to have to aim a camera up at a warp point while like you said, dodging enemies because they fall out of camera sight. It doesnt pan back far enough when theres a group of enemies and with the slowish combat its kind of worrysome. They originally said it would be similar to KH gameplay, well even if they altered that, KH was faster paced and i found it more enjoyable. and i lastly really do not like the HOLD SQUARE button for everything, or HOLD CIRCLE. like come on..... lol. i prefer to button mash than hold one button for like 20 minutes at a time to kill a horde.

But yeah, this is surprisingly the least hyped game for me. Persona 5, Star Ocean 5, Last Guardian, Horion Zero, Watch Dogs 2, FF 12 HD, FF7R, far more hyped for those games. 

Hopefully SE will tweak the combat, or maybe it's just a case of getting used to it and once the full system opens up it'll be more enjoyable, but I'll still be waiting for the reviews to come in before I buy it.   Yeah the holding buttons and even the sprint button, I thought it was broken because I literally couldn't tell the difference between regular movement and the sprint...it all felt a bit odd, but I'm certainly not writing it off, just need to wait and see.

I try not to let hype get the better of me nowadays, but yeah TLG, Horizon Zero, FF...played The Tomorrow Children beta which while 'buggy' was very addictive and I was hooked, I'm hyped for that too but I just wait now to make sure games are what they claim to be, or should be, or run properly etc...   I'm a SO fan but there's quite a few reviews of the JP version about now, and well, they're not great, one of 'many' complaints being people are finishing it in about 20hrs, which is a decent amount of hours generally, but for the genre...and a SO game?  Again I'll wait but that one isn't off to a good start so far.

Anyway, at least we know what we're getting with FFXII, it's a day one without any worry.  Lol

• 3 weeks later...