Persona 5 Releases Valentine's Day 2017 in NA

Bucknerd

Wonder why a ton of these big games are picking February what an odd month.

The early winter months are usually a dry period for games.  If you put your game out during these months it may get more publicity or sell more since you aren't fighting for attention/money from the usual AAA fall line ups.  People have usually finished their holiday games by this time of year too.

Atlus may also feel like the Final Fantasy base is stronger in the West so they don't want to risk going head to head with Square Enix like they are in Japan.

Not really happy to wait all that longer and will most likely import from the US, since this kind of makes me think that EU will only get the game at December 2017 at best, but will wait a bit longer until I pre-order it.. still that means that now FFXV is my most anticipated game of this year.. but if I can't get it at release, I will not be that bothered.. P5 is really the only game that I'm impatiently and anxiously waiting..

A bit disappointing, but not like I would play it that early anyway. I only got into Persona recently and still have to finish Golden and even begin Q, Arena Ultimax (+ Original Arena DLC) and Dancing All Night, so... I should be fine for the foreseeable future. I can even afford to wait for the EU release (whenever that might be). There'll even be plenty of guides to help me by then, so... no big skin off my back.

Bit of a shame the PS3 version just comes with the vanilla edition, but I've been getting less and less CEs lately, so...

http://www.atlus.com/persona5/purchase.html#purchase1

It's actually on Amazon already =D Not available yet, but it is there =D

Thanks for the heads up Satoshi.  If you use that link you can at least see it on Amazon and sign up for the alerts for when it becomes available.  If you do a cold search for Persona 5 on Amazon it still doesn't show anything.

Sweet. I'll be getting PS3 version (thank god they didn't cancel it xDD).

They probably meant to make it exclusively for the PS3 in the beginning, but since development took so long, the PS4 came out in the meantime, and since it was picking a lot of steam really fast... they thought they might just as well release it on both platforms. The PS4 is a lot easier to code for, anyway, so it probably cost them next to nothing.

Sweet. I'll be getting PS3 version (thank god they didn't cancel it xDD).

Not unless I can miraculously go through the PS3 backlog before the release.

It was open to interpretation :awesome:.

You guys should get it for PS4 for glorious Aoi Yuuki in HD :awesome:

They probably meant to make it exclusively for the PS3 in the beginning, but since development took so long, the PS4 came out in the meantime, and since it was picking a lot of steam really fast... they thought they might just as well release it on both platforms. The PS4 is a lot easier to code for, anyway, so it probably cost them next to nothing.

Most likely. It's pretty much Catherine engine, development started in 2011 which is two years before PS4 WW release so... they just adapted to the fact that west jumped so quickly.

• Like 1

Most likely. It's pretty much Catherine engine, development started in 2011 which is two years before PS4 WW release so... they just adapted to the fact that west jumped so quickly.

I loved Catherine on PS3 and I'm mad that I never got the chance to get its plat :(

I would love to have a sequel for PS4 or at least a remaster at some point!

I loved Catherine on PS3 and I'm mad that I never got the chance to get its plat :(

Join us! Lots of us are still working on the plat before the end of the year, you can join.  :awesome:

Edited by Tearraven

Ugh... It's so tempting. Cause it's not available and sold out on Amazon already. But I don't get that 20% off at Gamestop like I do with Amazon.  :unsure:

It is NOT sold out on Amazon already.  It has yet to go live on Amazon.  Hold tight.  The minute I see it go live I'm posting here.

• Like 1

Join us! Lots of us are still working on the plat before the end of the year, you can join.  :awesome:

Would love to but I forgot to mention that I don't own a PS3 anymore :( there were many problems with the electricity in my house and that caused my old FAT 80GB PS3 to shut down several times and after some days for some reason that seems to have caused a problem in its Wifi and I couldn't connect to the internet anymore (a big deal for a trophy hunter like me :) ) and instead of repairing it I sold it and bought the then newly released PS4.

It was a fantastic game, and like I said I hope it gets a sequel or remaster on the PS4 so new players can enjoy it too!

Edited by Finozzi1696

It is NOT sold out on Amazon already.  It has yet to go live on Amazon.  Hold tight.  The minute I see it go live I'm posting here.

Actually, i think it is sold out on Amazon.. a friend of mine told me about it, i tried to order like 10 mins later when i got to my computer, but it wasn't available and she told me she had already ordered her copy.

I set up the email alert, but I was able to get it through Gamestop a few minutes ago.

Actually, i think it is sold out on Amazon.. a friend of mine told me about it, i tried to order like 10 mins later when i got to my computer, but it wasn't available and she told me she had already ordered her copy.

I set up the email alert, but I was able to get it through Gamestop a few minutes ago.

To those who want special edition - don't worry. According to Hardin there's no limit to CE so if amazon is showing that it's not available then it will show up again later  :P

Edited by Rollers23

Put in a pre-order through GameStop, but will cancel that if I get a shot at the Amazon pre-order for that sweet 20% off.  Just would really hate to miss the collector's edition if it sells out quickly while I'm not looking.

Doing the exact same thing here. Now to decide if I should import Japan's CE for that amazing soundtrack anthology.

• Like 1

Really wanted this to be my big, all-consuming, time-for-nothing else game of the fall/winter but I'm fine waiting if I have to. Got my preorder in for the special edition a few hours ago so ready to go.

February is really getting crazy though.

I'm pretty sure it will be on PS Now eventually ;)

Had to look that one up and noticed she voiced Konno Yuuki  :o.

Well, of course =D The Yuuki wordplay is too strong in SAO xD

There IS a reason why Konno is my no.2 SAO girl :awesome:

Edited by Satoshi Ookami