Persona 5 Releases Valentine's Day 2017 in NA

Bucknerd

Just got message from VGP that PS3 version will be 60 CAD in their store (that is a bit less than 50 USD)

Yup, I'm preordering there when it'll be up :D I think I'll shell out money for a courier too.

EDIT.: It's up!

Edited by Rollers23

Thought this was kinda funny.  xD 

CkW94FrUoAAZtJ6.jpg

Best Valentine :awesome:

Just got message from VGP that PS3 version will be 60 CAD in their store (that is a bit less than 50 USD)

Yup, I'm preordering there when it'll be up :D I think I'll shell out money for a courier too.

EDIT.: It's up!

#basedVGP!

Pre-ordered the CE :awesome:

Though...

Menus & Interface : English

Subtitles: English

Voices: English

This is disturbing...

Well, it was obvious from the start but there's an official confirmation for those who still are hoping for dual audio. P5 will have only Eng dub.

PugM6KQ.jpg

For the love of god, Atlus, PLEASE do not reuse voice actors from the previous games. As much as I like Atlus' dubs it's a bit irritating when you hear the same voice actors in many different games. I like those voice actors but I swear I think I heard 

Yuri Lowenthal in almost every Atlus's game xD

• Like 1

Well, it was obvious from the start but there's an official confirmation for those who still are hoping for dual audio. P5 will have only Eng dub.

PugM6KQ.jpg

For the love of god, Atlus, PLEASE do not reuse voice actors from the previous games. As much as I like Atlus' dubs it's a bit irritating when you hear the same voice actors in many different games. I like those voice actors but I swear I think I heard 

Yea, fck you too, Hardin.

Why was I even hoping... Now I suddenly want the Japanese version.

Yea, fck you too, Hardin.

Why was I even hoping... Now I suddenly want the Japanese version.

Honestly, though what did you really expect?

The only way they'll agree to have dual audio is with a region-lock, and fans flipped when that happened with Arena, so...

Unfortunately, the big name JRPGs still don't have dual audio because of that stupid Japanese mentality that if they do implement it, the Japanese will just import it, and since it's cheaper in the West, it'll make the publisher lose money (not really how it works, but whatever). Let's just hope the industry can grow to the point where dual audio won't be just a "bonus", but the accepted standard, as already happens with games adapted from popular anime series.

PugM6KQ.jpg

Again, expected. Not that I don't like Atlus' dubs - I actually think they're pretty good, and that's saying something, coming from me - but I do agree with you, they do need to have some more variety :lol:

Edited by jrdemr

PugM6KQ.jpg

Yep definitely importing the Japanese version. 10 Bucks says the English cast for P4 will also be part of P5. Can't do that. Nope.

Honestly, though what did you really expect?

I expected Atlus to actually listen to their own surveys where Japanese audio won literally EVERY time.

I expected them to be reasonable, especially considering how big P5 is.

The only way they'll agree to have dual audio is with a region-lock, and fans flipped when that happened with Arena, so...

Unfortunately, the big name JRPGs still don't have dual audio because of that stupid Japanese mentality that if they do implement it, the Japanese will just import it, and since it's cheaper in the West, it'll make the publisher lose money (not really how it works, but whatever). Let's just hope the industry can grow to the point where dual audio won't be just a "bonus", but the accepted standard, as already happens with games adapted from popular anime series.

That was problem because NISA was hogging rights as well. Now, Atlus is the only localization company, thus, the money goes to SEGA.

Another thing, SEGA takeover happened after Arena.

Now, there is NO reason they would mind reverse-import. The money still goes to SEGA anyway.

FF can do it. Freaking Square Enix who were the most ignorant company (they literally had no idea west would want Japanese audio) are presenting their games with dual audio.

Atlus has NO reason to keep their dubs.

Edited by Satoshi Ookami
  • Like 1

I expected Atlus to actually listen to their own surveys where Japanese audio won literally EVERY time.

That was problem because NISA was hogging rights as well. Now, Atlus is the only localization company, thus, the money goes to SEGA.

Now, there is NO reason they would mind reverse-import. The money still goes to SEGA anyway.

FF can do it. Freaking Square Enix who were the most ignorant company (they literally had no idea west would want Japanese audio) are presenting their games with dual audio.

Survey results can be misleading from a consumer's point of view. A while ago, Funimation also surveyed if people preferred Dragon Ball Z Blu-Rays in 4:3 or cropped 16:9. The surveys' responses overwhelmingly preferred 4:3 to 16:9, but since their existing DVD sets sold overwhelmingly better in 16:9 than 4:3, they went with the 16:9 option. I'm not saying something similar happened with Atlus, but maybe there are some circumstances we don't know about.

Though yeah, as you could already see, I also want a dual audio option and think even the reason presented by Atlus back then was complete BS. I personally can't see why they couldn't do it. If Bandai Namco can, why wouldn't they be able to?

Unfortunately, the big name JRPGs still don't have dual audio

Wait, what? Unless Final Fantasy has suddenly become a non-big name JRPG series, i thought that Type-0 HD (already released), X/X-2 HD Remaster (only on PC, and through modding because the actual option doesn't work as intended), Lightning Returns (via paid DLC) and the upcoming XV and XII Zodiac Age feature dual audio? Anyway, i think i've lost count of how many generations we had to wait just to get JRPGs with multilanguage TEXT (i.e. EFIGS languages)

Wait, what? Unless Final Fantasy has suddenly become a non-big name JRPG series, i thought that Type-0 HD (already released), X/X-2 HD Remaster (only on PC, and through modding because the actual option doesn't work as intended), Lightning Returns (via paid DLC) and the upcoming XV and XII Zodiac Age feature dual audio? Anyway, i think i've lost count of how many generations we had to wait just to get JRPGs with multilanguage TEXT (i.e. EFIGS languages)

I have a friend of mine who's a massive fan that's constantly complaining about Final Fantasy being dub-only. Then again, from the list you've shown me, those are only the most recent games, so it must be a recent thing. He was probably just complaining about the vast majority of the titles already released.

Still, like Satoshi says, if even Square is doing it now, that means Atlus is the only one stubbornly clinging to dub-only.

Yep definitely importing the Japanese version. 10 Bucks says the English cast for P4 will also be part of P5. Can't do that. Nope.

If you do import it, would you record the events and upload them to YT?

That way we could at least simulate the proper voices.

I would import the JP version without delays but the NA LE is too damn great... 

If you do import it, would you record the events and upload them to YT?

That way we could at least simulate the proper voices.

I would import the JP version without delays but the NA LE is too damn great... 

Sure no problem. It's just frustrating, you'd think they've learned from the past but no. Even FFXV will have dual audio.  :dunno:

Well you have to remember that Sega is even more ignorant than SE in many cases. They haven't brought over a Shining game in ages. Sony translated their Yakuza games for them. And they were reluctant to bring over Project Diva games at first. Thinking that they would be a positive influence on Atlus is a bit silly.