the last of us... good game?

MyToiletBrush

Personally, I hated it. The story was full of cliches and entirely predictable, the characters didn't feel like they had any real depth, the AI is inconsistent and buggy, the multiplayer is... well about as good as you'd expect from a clearly tacked on multiplayer to a single-player focused game.

But everyone else seems to love it, so I guess if it's cheap you may as well try it. The single player DLC was great, though.

• Like 2

Ive saved up some money and noticed the last of us in the shop. Ive only just recently bought a ps3 and heard passing rumors it is good. is it worth picking up?

its one of the most award winning games of all time, nearly 250 GOTYs earned, and it received critical acclaim everywhere from both the press and players, right now it has an excellent 95/100 score on metacritic, a site that collects reviews from many websites and if every site gives the game a 9 or 10 then is going to get more than 90 of score.

it also appears on almost every "top 10 best games of all time" nowadays.

so yeah, is that good!

Edited by smellslikejavier
  • Like 1

The best part of the game is the Opening 15 minutes... Very gripping and captivating! Other than that the gameplay is good but not spectacular, the setting is beautiful and well done but I agree with madbuk the story is full of cliches and very predictable, character depth is limited ( only game in the series ). I found the MP to be really fun and spent many hours after plat messing around with it. For the money you will spend it is worth checking it out

Ive saved up some money and noticed the last of us in the shop. Ive only just recently bought a ps3 and heard passing rumors it is good. is it worth picking up?

now I have to say it, I think you should save your cash, as the game is not really that good, people mostly go on about how cool the story is and that is it the gameplay to me was meh not really cool but yeah, the ps3 one of it sucks to the ps4 one of it as there is no way the game crash and all

If you like linear, narrative-driven games and/or great storytelling and writing in general, then you'll have a hard time finding a better game than TLoU.

Yet you still got the platinum on it? With feelings as strong to use the word 'hate' to refer to a video game, you went through all the game had to offer & bought all of the DLC.

Whilst I don't agree with anything you've said, I respect your opinion, for me, my experience was the complete opposite.

I try and get 100% in everything I play... yeah I have 40+ unfinished but I plan on doing them eventually. TLoU was pretty easy so I figured may as well finish it off so I could be done with it. I've platinumed a lot of games I disliked/hated :P

I try and get 100% in everything I play... yeah I have 40+ unfinished but I plan on doing them eventually. TLoU was pretty easy so I figured may as well finish it off so I could be done with it. I've platinumed a lot of games I disliked/hated :P

Ha, I know that feeling bud, have so many games I keep meaning to get back to! And I must admit I have the Platinum on quite a few games I hated too! :D

Did you play Uncharted and like it?  You'll like the game play and how the story flows.  If Uncharted isn't your cup of tea, than you may look at it less favorably.  I have never been a big fan of uncharted, and I liked the hour or so I played of Last of Us even less.  I quit after an hour because I got so bored.  I may try to give it another shot at some point

TLOU is a great game.

The main story is so emotional and simply perfect! Now wonder they want to make a movie about it.

For me I couldn't find any glitches or bugs. The gameplay is quickly to understand and kindly fits to almost all gamers.

And the MP is also interesting.

All of this replys you got to your topic are just own opinions. In the end, you must decide.

First I have to say that I think that it's overrated, it has generic gameplay and I don't like them going the 'artsy' road of having near-zombies - perhaps what they created was marginally more plausible than a regular zombie outbreak but at least on me it had the effect of pulling me out of the moment more than regular zombies would have.

In the end though, even though I don't think it's as great as people proclaim it to be, I still think it's a very enjoyable game with plenty of great moments in the story and amazing graphics. Play it for the prologue alone and you're getting your money's worth.

I played through the whole game once but I've let several friends experience the prologue. I'm thinking about doing a playthrough on new game plus soon.

One of the few games I've played where I quit halfway through because I thought it was boring. That being said I'm not a big fan of Naughty Dog games in general so I don't know why I was expecting to love it.

You might as well get it though since I seem to be in the minority when I say I didn't like it.

Edited by BhekifaZ

Here's the deal: It's a level-based third person shooter with stealth elements. You start at point A, and it's up to you to go down the tunnel and get past the various intervening hazard setpieces to point B for expository cutscenes. If that's what you want, that's what you're going to get. And nothing else. It's up to you to decide if the voice acting and script, which is quite good, is worth that.

My advice: don't play through this game more than the minimum number of times various exploits can allow you to, and don't do it in a short time period. You'll grow to hate it.

• Like 2