the last of us... good game?

MyToiletBrush

Second best game of all time imo (after Dark Souls)

Gripping and exciting from start to finish. Great voice acting, and love the stealth 3ps gameplay.

As previous commenters have said: if you liked Uncharted, you're gonna be blown away by this. If you disliked Uncharted, maybe this isn't the game for you. 

My advice: don't play through this game more than the minimum number of times various exploits can allow you to, and don't do it in a short time period. You'll grow to hate it.

I actually liked it that much that i played it 3 times in a row :D

But it's true the game mechanics aren't the best aspect... sadly there aren't any puzzles to solve... just minor obstacles to pass

Except the price, is there a big difference with the PS4 version?

Minor graphical improvements/framerate in the PS4 version, though nothing immediately noticeable for me at least. TLoU was already the best looking game on PS3 and really pushed the hardware to its limits, so much so it killed my fat console.

it's easily the best ps3 game ever!

you bought it for the single player the story is really good and you can't find a game with better graphics than TLOU on the entire ps3, the controls is so smooth and easy to mastered, the hand to hand fighting could be tricky at first as sometimes you have to turn the camera angels manually to attack an enemy behind you as there are no lock on feature but you'll gonna get over it so quick.

even if you bought it for the multiplayer mode it's ton of fun, the game is now also available on ps4 but you still gonna find a lots of people playing the ps3 version online.

trophies wise the online trophies can be a bit annoying to get, especially the firefly and hunter as these two could be the only trophies that'll prevent you from getting the platinum.

I see that you played RE5 and two classic splinter cell HD games, if you like these games then you'll easily gonna hocked up to the last of us, the last of us focus more on saving ammunition for harder situation and use stealth most of the time, you can go gun blazing the whole block if you have enough ammo but you'll gonna find the stealth is the best solution in the game.

My favorite game of all time. It's not perfect (which is why I think haters like to crap on it because they have this expectation that since everyone else praises it so much, it must be), but hey, no game is!

You are missing out on a beautifully crafted game IMO

• Like 1

Ive saved up some money and noticed the last of us in the shop. Ive only just recently bought a ps3 and heard passing rumors it is good. is it worth picking up?

It's a pretty great game, yes, but it means nothing if you don't like stealth-shooter hybrids. The game's strong suits (aside grom graphics and being a high production game) are it's storytelling, script, atmosphere, voice acting, and the main 2 character's interactions (including character development) throughout the story/journey. The actual story(line) and gameplay (includes game-play mechanics and controls) are nothing to write home about. 

Personally, I love the game - one of my most beloved PS3 games - and it's one of my favorite last gen games, but it's honestly a bit overrated. Just have to be completely honest there (as I would for any other game, including my overall favorite series).

Edited by Mar

It's great for first playthrough, but subsequent ones (assuming you are going for the platinum) might get boring really fast as there is not much replay value. Overall still a good game.

The multiplayer is kinda unique and fun but I'm not sure how active it is now.

The PS4 version will get you all the DLC and the DLC MP trophies are less annoying to get.

My advice: don't play through this game more than the minimum number of times various exploits can allow you to, and don't do it in a short time period. You'll grow to hate it.

This also.

Edited by PliskinCobra

"The Last of Us" is the best game ever made; it's a masterpiece of divine inspiration. I already played it nine times and I feel that I could and that I will continue to replay it for the rest of my life. My life is justified just because I had a chance to experience this masterpiece. Don't listen to the trolls; just feel sorry for them and pray for their poor souls.

Edited by GoldenSurprise

"The Last of Us" is the best game ever made; it's a masterpiece of divine inspiration. I already played it nine times and I feel that I could and that I will continue to replay it for the rest of my life. My life is justified just because I had a chance to experience this masterpiece. Don't listen to the trolls; just feel sorry for them and pray for their poor souls.

"The best game ever made" is quite the statement. That's your opinion, which is fine, but the idea that no other game ever created bests TLoU? Isn't that a little extreme?

• Like 1

"The best game ever made" is quite the statement. That's your opinion, which is fine, but the idea that no other game ever created bests TLoU? Isn't that a little extreme?

No, it's not extreme, since it's really what I think, but I don't deny that there's something personal between me and what I feel about this game. I'm just not going to say what it is.  :P

Edited by GoldenSurprise

Hello,

In my opinion, I thought story mode was excellent and well done. I do consider multiplayer in this game to be one of the worst human vs human multiplayer shooters I have ever played. So if you are contemplating buying the game for single player, I would urge you to make the purchase. If you are buying the game for multiplayer I would tell you to save your money.

Papidadi