J2V_89 backlog of games list

J2V89

Thanks, I will always do my best on them. Good luck on yours as well.

Thanks. If you ever get around to do Resident Evil Revelations, (if you haven't done it already) we could do the Raid together. I know that there are some trophies for Raid and it's easier with another person. That game has been in my backlog for awhile now and I would like to get it finished. If that's one of the games in your radar right now (or soon will be because I'm sure you have other games on your mind), send me a friend request. Good luck man and thanks.

Thanks. If you ever get around to do Resident Evil Revelations, (if you haven't done it already) we could do the Raid together. I know that there are some trophies for Raid and it's easier with another person. That game has been in my backlog for awhile now and I would like to get it finished. If that's one of the games in your radar right now (or soon will be because I'm sure you have other games on your mind), send me a friend request. Good luck man and thanks.

I plan to do that soon and I haven't started it yet.

Recently gotten these PS3 games to add to my backlog

Battlefield 1943

Bionic Commando Rearmed

Bomberman Ultra

Call Of Duty Classic

Counter Strike: Golbal Offinsive

Darkstalkers Resurrection

Everyday Shooter

Lumines Supernova

Pixeljunk Shooter

Pixeljunk Shooter 2

Pixeljunk Eden

Pixeljunk Monsters

Stacking

One of the reasons I got these was to play them but also the worry of them getting de-listed as sometimes games do get removed sadly. 

When I look at lists like this I just think I haven't done jack shit to my own profile.

Still don't know how people finish the Uncharted games on Brutal difficulty. Pretty crazy stuff.

I like to play for fun mostly, which is why my average trophy percentage is high because I don't like to go out of my way to get insanely difficult trophies.

When I look at lists like this I just think I haven't done jack shit to my own profile.

Still don't know how people finish the Uncharted games on Brutal difficulty. Pretty crazy stuff.

I like to play for fun mostly, which is why my average trophy percentage is high because I don't like to go out of my way to get insanely difficult trophies.

It does require dedication to get those difficult related trophies but I do have fun though even if it's challenging. That is true, it's all about playing for fun. 

Very nicely organised, you seem to be assaulting your backlog with methodical focus. I should get around to doing the same, but every time I think about it, I can't decide what to play, & then before I notice, another 20 games have been added, lol

Thanks, so far my plan have been working so far. I used to have those moments where I don't know what to play lol. What I can say is that my PS3 backlog will not be growing soon as I'm down to my final PS3 games I want. Time to make things happen with this backlog and remain focus as always.

Edited by J2V_89
  • Like 1

What I can say is that my PS3 backlog will not be growing soon as I down to my final PS3 games I want. Time to make things happen with this backlog and remain focus as always.

Well said, nice to see you are finishing your final ps3 games. Also trying to keep everything organised in your backlog is a bit motivating to finish it as well, at least for me.

Well said, nice to see you are finishing your final ps3 games. Also trying to keep everything organised in your backlog is a bit motivating to finish it as well, at least for me.

It really does help me and does motivate further. There is hope I feel to get this backlog done so it keeps me motivated each day. For me right now it's best to take care of those online trophies mostly on PS3. Another great motivation is that I have all PS3 games with dlc's I need. 

Edited by J2V_89

Think I might head to the bottom of my list & start from there, going to try focusing on 1 game at a time, have several plats lined up for milestones. :)

That is a good plan to try to focus on 1 game at a time, that really can help a lot.  

Just to glance over your list:

Playstation 3:

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood

Assassin's Creed Revelations

Assassin's Creed III

Assassin's Creed IV 

All four of these will probably require a lot of boosting, which is something I really don't like to do as I would rather play online for the intention of having fun on my own while working for the trophies. Brotherhood and Revelations as far as I'm concerned are fairly dead online, you're going to have to get a dedicated boosting team if you want the online trophies.

Batman Arkham City

I'm debating whether or not to go back to this and earn the platinum. New Game Plus requires you to do all the sidequests over again just like you did in the regular game, which in turn helps unlock the Perfect Knight trophy.

Now I had a hell of a time beating the challenges in Arkham Asylum, and I don't know if the campaign itself is all that difficult. Batman has a stun move which leaves a group of enemies vulnerable for a little bit, but I have a hard time keeping a combo going.

To 100 percent the game you have to do the maps and campaign three times over with Catwoman, Robin and Nightwing. Probably not worth doing just for six bronze trophies.

Dark Souls

I'm thinking of starting this, although to platinum the game it requires numerous playthroughs and dozens of hours. I'm not a fan of collecting every single item in the game as sometimes that's dependent on certain conditions. You beat said boss you get said item, but in Demon Souls that also required you to be a certain status. So I don't know.

Duke Nukem 3D

One of my all-time favorite games back in the days when Windows 95 was the big thing. I know the game very well and I can blaze through most of the levels. Fucking shame Gearbox had to take this game down, I would love to play it on the PS3.

Grand Theft Auto San Andreas 

Definitely worth playing, and from what I've heard not too difficult to obtain the platinum. I actually prefer this game over GTA V simply for the timeline. Ryder was simply Easy E with a different voice actor and much of the storyline is reminiscent of early 1990s Los Angeles.

Hotline Miami 

This game has been on my radar. If it plays like LA Cops I might give it a go.

Metro Last Light  

I own the PS4 version of this game, but haven't gotten around to it. I don't like Call of Duty games that overemphasize on repetitive multiplayer and lackluster story, if Metro plays out like Wolfenstein: The New Order then I'll definitely be playing through it.

Prince Of Persia

Prince Of Persia: The Two Thrones

I only played the old Prince of Persia from way back in the early 1990s. These games don't look too hard so I wonder if they're worth playing.

Sonic The Hedgehog

Sonic The Hedgehog 2

My all time favorite Sega Genesis games. Played the hell out of these when I was a kid. Despite the trophy rarity these games are easy. Getting the Chaos Emeralds in the second game will take a bit of practice. If you're good at platformers then getting the speed run trophies should not be a problem.

Playstation 4:

Batman: Arkham Knight

Pretty fun game and a proper way to end the Arkham series in my opinion. Trophies aren't as difficult to obtain as they were in Arkham City, but there are a lot of them. I have gone after half of all the Riddler trophies, unless you want to spend hours upon hours searching for them I would suggest a guide. The AR challenge trophies are again, a pain. This time around you have to do all Predator moves, which may seem easy until you realize how many different Predator moves there are.

DLC is mostly comprised of AR challenge trophies. A few are dedicated to short 15-20 minute DLC storyline trophies, which aren't worth the money but are necessary if you're looking to 100 percent Batman Arkham Knight.

Bloodborne 

I played a couple hours of this and it plays out like Demon Souls, since both games were made by the same company. Trophies are fairly straightforward, and the main difference is the lack of a shield, instead relying on a gun to use against your enemies. I haven't earned a single trophy on the game yet, since I'm quite bad at Demon Souls and Bloodbourne is no different.

Fallout 4

Fun game but dated on the graphics. I'm thinking of coming back to this, but it'll probably take dozens of hours depending on how fast a player you are. I've beaten both Fallout 1 and 2 and love the post nuclear storyline the series is well known for.

Grand Theft Auto V 

If I ever get around to doing multiplayer, maybe I can work on a platinum. Unfortunately this game requires you to grind out hours upon hours of multiplayer, which in truth isn't much different from Max Payne 3 or Red Dead Redemption. There is also a trophy that requires you to fly under bridges and between skyscrapers, among other things.

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City

Not as great as San Andreas but still worth playing if you didn't get around to it back in the PS2 days. Game is based on the high rate of crime in 1980s Miami Florida, and the voice actor of Lance Vance played a similar role in the TV show Miami Vice.

Infamous Second Son 

Fun game. Sucker Punch makes good use of the powers Cole uses, and since I'm not too far from Seattle I feel it was a nice recreation of it.

Metro Last Light: Redux 

Looking to play this game soon. Heard it has a good storyline which is something of a rarity in FPS games.

Middle-earth: Shadow Of Mordor 

A good representation of a game that takes place in JRR Tolkiens universe. Unfortunately I struggled with some of the trophies, namely the 25 Rune trophy which took many hours to accomplish, mostly because I either did not get a high enough level rune or I obtained an Epic rune. The DLC is more difficult than the base game. Those Test of the Ring trophies look to be a real pain in the ass.

Super Meat Boy

If you can earn a platinum that only 9 out of 10000 players (roughly) have earned, I salute you.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Awesome game and fully deserves it's 2015 Game of the Year Award. Varied locations, great storyline, a protagonist who is neither over the top nor a mere weakling, the list goes on. Also, Gwent. Although Gwent falls a bit short of Arcomage.

Uncharted Collection

I've played and beaten (but not earned the platinums) all three Uncharteds on the PS3, apart from the frame rate and slightly better graphics I suppose they are no different in the collection. Crushing isn't too bad but Brutal is just insane. How are you supposed to beat the games on that difficulty?

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

Fantastic game, and the fact it only requires five simple online trophies makes this one a good one for platinum hunters. It sports some of the best graphics on a Playstation 4. Although The Order 1886 and Until Dawn both had pretty good looking graphics as well.

• Like 1

Just to glance over your list:

Playstation 3:

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood

Assassin's Creed Revelations

Assassin's Creed III

Assassin's Creed IV 

All four of these will probably require a lot of boosting, which is something I really don't like to do as I would rather play online for the intention of having fun on my own while working for the trophies. Brotherhood and Revelations as far as I'm concerned are fairly dead online, you're going to have to get a dedicated boosting team if you want the online trophies.

Batman Arkham City

I'm debating whether or not to go back to this and earn the platinum. New Game Plus requires you to do all the sidequests over again just like you did in the regular game, which in turn helps unlock the Perfect Knight trophy.

Now I had a hell of a time beating the challenges in Arkham Asylum, and I don't know if the campaign itself is all that difficult. Batman has a stun move which leaves a group of enemies vulnerable for a little bit, but I have a hard time keeping a combo going.

To 100 percent the game you have to do the maps and campaign three times over with Catwoman, Robin and Nightwing. Probably not worth doing just for six bronze trophies.

Dark Souls

I'm thinking of starting this, although to platinum the game it requires numerous playthroughs and dozens of hours. I'm not a fan of collecting every single item in the game as sometimes that's dependent on certain conditions. You beat said boss you get said item, but in Demon Souls that also required you to be a certain status. So I don't know.

Duke Nukem 3D

One of my all-time favorite games back in the days when Windows 95 was the big thing. I know the game very well and I can blaze through most of the levels. Fucking shame Gearbox had to take this game down, I would love to play it on the PS3.

Grand Theft Auto San Andreas

Definitely worth playing, and from what I've heard not too difficult to obtain the platinum. I actually prefer this game over GTA V simply for the timeline. Ryder was simply Easy E with a different voice actor and much of the storyline is reminiscent of early 1990s Los Angeles.

Hotline Miami 

This game has been on my radar. If it plays like LA Cops I might give it a go.

Metro Last Light  

I own the PS4 version of this game, but haven't gotten around to it. I don't like Call of Duty games that overemphasize on repetitive multiplayer and lackluster story, if Metro plays out like Wolfenstein: The New Order then I'll definitely be playing through it.

Prince Of Persia

Prince Of Persia: The Two Thrones

I only played the old Prince of Persia from way back in the early 1990s. These games don't look too hard so I wonder if they're worth playing.

Sonic The Hedgehog

Sonic The Hedgehog 2

My all time favorite Sega Genesis games. Played the hell out of these when I was a kid. Despite the trophy rarity these games are easy. Getting the Chaos Emeralds in the second game will take a bit of practice. If you're good at platformers then getting the speed run trophies should not be a problem.

Playstation 4:

Batman: Arkham Knight

Pretty fun game and a proper way to end the Arkham series in my opinion. Trophies aren't as difficult to obtain as they were in Arkham City, but there are a lot of them. I have gone after half of all the Riddler trophies, unless you want to spend hours upon hours searching for them I would suggest a guide. The AR challenge trophies are again, a pain. This time around you have to do all Predator moves, which may seem easy until you realize how many different Predator moves there are.

DLC is mostly comprised of AR challenge trophies. A few are dedicated to short 15-20 minute DLC storyline trophies, which aren't worth the money but are necessary if you're looking to 100 percent Batman Arkham Knight.

Bloodborne 

I played a couple hours of this and it plays out like Demon Souls, since both games were made by the same company. Trophies are fairly straightforward, and the main difference is the lack of a shield, instead relying on a gun to use against your enemies. I haven't earned a single trophy on the game yet, since I'm quite bad at Demon Souls and Bloodbourne is no different.

Fallout 4

Fun game but dated on the graphics. I'm thinking of coming back to this, but it'll probably take dozens of hours depending on how fast a player you are. I've beaten both Fallout 1 and 2 and love the post nuclear storyline the series is well known for.

Grand Theft Auto V 

If I ever get around to doing multiplayer, maybe I can work on a platinum. Unfortunately this game requires you to grind out hours upon hours of multiplayer, which in truth isn't much different from Max Payne 3 or Red Dead Redemption. There is also a trophy that requires you to fly under bridges and between skyscrapers, among other things.

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City

Not as great as San Andreas but still worth playing if you didn't get around to it back in the PS2 days. Game is based on the high rate of crime in 1980s Miami Florida, and the voice actor of Lance Vance played a similar role in the TV show Miami Vice.

Infamous Second Son 

Fun game. Sucker Punch makes good use of the powers Cole uses, and since I'm not too far from Seattle I feel it was a nice recreation of it.

Metro Last Light: Redux 

Looking to play this game soon. Heard it has a good storyline which is something of a rarity in FPS games.

Middle-earth: Shadow Of Mordor 

A good representation of a game that takes place in JRR Tolkiens universe. Unfortunately I struggled with some of the trophies, namely the 25 Rune trophy which took many hours to accomplish, mostly because I either did not get a high enough level rune or I obtained an Epic rune. The DLC is more difficult than the base game. Those Test of the Ring trophies look to be a real pain in the ass.

Super Meat Boy

If you can earn a platinum that only 9 out of 10000 players (roughly) have earned, I salute you.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Awesome game and fully deserves it's 2015 Game of the Year Award. Varied locations, great storyline, a protagonist who is neither over the top nor a mere weakling, the list goes on. Also, Gwent. Although Gwent falls a bit short of Arcomage.

Uncharted Collection

I've played and beaten (but not earned the platinums) all three Uncharteds on the PS3, apart from the frame rate and slightly better graphics I suppose they are no different in the collection. Crushing isn't too bad but Brutal is just insane. How are you supposed to beat the games on that difficulty?

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

Fantastic game, and the fact it only requires five simple online trophies makes this one a good one for platinum hunters. It sports some of the best graphics on a Playstation 4. Although The Order 1886 and Until Dawn both had pretty good looking graphics as well.

All these games I'll get around to it but soon my main focus will be the Assassin's Creed games mostly for it's online trophies. 

• 2 weeks later...

Recently got more PS3 games to add to my backlog as I get near the end of my PS3 games I always wanted.

Braid

Castle Crashers

Comet Crash

Critter Crunch

From Dust

Monkey Island 2

Renegade Ops

Shatter

Stealth Inc.

Thomas Was Alone

Got Severed for the Vita 

Only 23 PS3 games left to get & 4 more games for Vita.

I now have Stealth Inc, Renegade Ops & Super Stardust Delta dlc's. Only PS4 games dlc's to get from now on as a big focus. 

• Like 1