Homerunner trophy info

Dead Weight

So the Homerunner trophy ( Complete the game in less than 1 minute) is a bit glitchy where I did multiple successful attempts and trophy did not unlock.

I looked online and found out that you can skip the Intro and the timer begins when you have control. However skipping the outro and the end credits apparently prevents the trophy to pop. After I let the outro and credits play out and it return back to the main menu the trophy finally unlocked.

Some good tips for this trophy is to increase cursor sensitivity so the reticle moves much faster and to increase the game brightness so you don't need to turn on lights and you can see much better in the dark

Here's a video of how to do it:

Edited by A-Brawl3r
  • Like 2

I've been having this issue, although even without skipping the intro or the ending it doesn't unlock for me so far. I have had multiple attempts ranging from 50-54seconds and it won't unlock.

yeah, i've been reading up on .org forums that people have this problem.

I myself deleted the game and re-installed the game, as well as deleting the save file, but I'm not sure if that will do anything.

yeah, i've been reading up on .org forums that people have this problem.

I myself deleted the game and re-installed the game, as well as deleting the save file, but I'm not sure if that will do anything.

Already tried deleting save, which didn't solve the issue. Haven't tried re-installing, because I couldn't be bothered... looks like there's no way around it though.

What is classed as a "modifier"?

When you choose "New Game" you get an options screen before the game actually starts. In the left corner you can go to settings and stuff and there's the modifiers.

@all: I had to give it multiple shots myself, but I got it even though skipping the outro. Don't think that's a serious issue. 

For all those who don't get it to unlock, I think you are still not fast enough. You really gotta grab the key in a smooth motion without loosing a single second and especially opening the chamber under the stairs might take you too long. Just try again, you'll get it!

Edited by Ghost-TeamX

Okay, so, I was reading some comments on Youtube, and someone said they were told to try doing it offline(not sure by who; the developers maybe?). Disconnected, ran through it again, skipped the intro/outro, and boom. Trophy. Give that a try, if you're having this problem. Hope it helps. :)

• Like 4

So little margin for error. Maybe a secret run button like Everybody's Gone To The Rapture.

Edit: OK! just let the the ending/credits roll and trophy pop at main menu.

Edited by ERGOPROXY-DECAY

Okay, so, I was reading some comments on Youtube, and someone said they were told to try doing it offline(not sure by who; the developers maybe?). Disconnected, ran through it again, skipped the intro/outro, and boom. Trophy. Give that a try, if you're having this problem. Hope it helps. :)

This worked for me. Got it on my next attempt while playing offline.

• Like 1

This worked for me. Got it on my next attempt while playing offline.

Good to hear. :) A friend messaged me last night about it, and was able to get it this way, too. So, that's at least 4 confirmations this works. But I'm still not sure it's fool-proof since BillyHorrible said it didn't work for him.  :hmm:

Just started the game and seeing that everybody saying the HOMERUNNER  :bronze: trophy is glitched I went for that first after getting GONE HOME  :silver: and got it on my 6 attempt. Its so simple don't know why people complaining it's difficult. I did spam   :circle:  at the loading screen before the game begins then went straight for the keys under the duck. Open the front door and then proceed to the secret door (which if you don't open on your first try just restart the game because it's a vaulable second or two you lose) and once you get the key get to the attic asap. Also make sure you open the attic door on your first attempt. The game is done as soon as the book opens and not at the credits. I had someone with a stopwatch just to time me. If you get the second key in the secret room and more then 20 seconds have pass you won't make it the the attic's book in 60 seconds. Just restart. And yes I was online so been offline or online makes no diffrence at all. 

DF007gamer.png

Edited by DF007gamer
  • Like 1

I literally spent as long trying for this trophy as I did getting every other trophy in the game. I saw a full playthrough of the game a long time ago now, so didn't care at all about skipping the "story" on offer. In fact I've already removed the game from my console.

I stayed online and skipped the intro and outro on my eventual successful attempt. The thing is, you have to be near perfect in your run. An absolutely perfect run takes something like 58 seconds. The tips and tricks I used have mostly been mentioned by others in here, but the complete list of what I did was:

Go into options and set game brightness to max (so I could see clearly upstairs without wasting time turning on lights) and upped sensitivity (about 75% was ideal for me personally)

Skip intro and hold forwards immediately

Only held forwards with the left stick, did all corrections and directional changes using the right stick (you move faster going forwards)

Be careful with the secret door, I would walk right up to it, press x and then back away. This seemed to glitch the opening less for me (seriously...screw that door)

Stop directly underneath the attic before trying to activate the door

Adjusted my view so I was looking at the diary in the attic the entire walk towards it, spamming the x button

As soon as I interacted and the screen began to fade I spammed circle

Took me maybe an hour in total trying to get it, including the loading times and not constantly doing it. Around 25-30 attempts I believe, I kept missing the key under the stairs because sensitivity was too high (i originally maxxed it), it only took me about 4 attempts once I'd found a more controllable camera setting.

Edited by Eladar1
  • Like 4

This trophy also took me multiple attempts. I immediately skipped the intro, got the key real quick, ran up to the wall where the secret entrance is to the back room, activated it, and quickly backed away to let the door open. Ran in, picked up the key quickly, ran upstairs to the attic entrance and spammed the X button while looking up to open the hatch. Ran around to the notebook and spammed X again as I came up on the notebook. I them spammed Circle until I was back at the main menu and I got my trophy. 

Edited by ZR1Zoomer

Man this trophy sucks, I have run several sub 1 minute runs and no trophy. my best is 57 seconds. I'll keep trying but this really takes the fun out of it.

I don't like speed runs as it is, Even worse when you make the time and trophy dosen't pop.

Just started the game and seeing that everybody saying the HOMERUNNER  :bronze: trophy is glitched I went for that first after getting GONE HOME  :silver: and got it on my 6 attempt. Its so simple don't know why people complaining it's difficult. I did spam   :circle:  at the loading screen before the game begins then went straight for the keys under the duck. Open the front door and then proceed to the secret door (which if you don't open on your first try just restart the game because it's a vaulable second or two you lose) and once you get the key get to the attic asap. Also make sure you open the attic door on your first attempt. The game is done as soon as the book opens and not at the credits. I had someone with a stopwatch just to time me. If you get the second key in the secret room and more then 20 seconds have pass you won't make it the the attic's book in 60 seconds. Just restart. And yes I was online so been offline or online makes no diffrence at all. 

I highly, highly doubt it is not glitched in some shape or form. I even pressed start on the video, started a run, and beat the video to the finish line and didn't get it. And 4 different people that I know of, including myself, just happened to have their best runs on their very next try offline? The odds of that are really, really low.

Man this trophy sucks, I have run several sub 1 minute runs and no trophy. my best is 57 seconds. I'll keep trying but this really takes the fun out of it.

I don't like speed runs as it is, Even worse when you make the time and trophy dosen't pop.

Did you try offline? Seems to be working for some. 

• Like 2

I highly, highly doubt it is not glitched in some shape or form. I even pressed start on the video, started a run, and beat the video to the finish line and didn't get it. And 4 different people that I know of, including myself, just happened to have their best runs on their very next try offline? The odds of that are really, really low.

Did you try offline? Seems to be working for some. 

I tried off line also and nothing.