Homerunner trophy info

Dead Weight

Tried everything. Cutting the credits, playing the credits (even though the song was utter garbage), playing offline. I'm positive I'm almost always under a 1 minute. 

After like 40 runs, trophy didn't pop up. This is a spit on the face by authors. Had zero fun doing this.

I have tried everything let the credits roll/ spam the 0 button, played online played offline. And nothing. I start my timer on my phone same time as I start my run and usually have 2 secs to spare. This trophy is glitched for some. Sucks it probably won't get patched.

Edited by BIue_Smoke_

I skipped 'em, too(mashing the button in the process, as I think that was recommended on pst.org, as well), and still didn't get it until I tried the offline method. Seems like there really is no 100% method of obtaining this..

Edited by DamagingRob

Just got the trophy, but had to do it at least 20 times.

- I had the Internet connection plugged in (cannot confirm the observation of some that it needs to be done offline).

- I skipped the intro.

- I did not skip the credits, but let them roll (do not know if this has any effect).

My main issue with the trophy was the glitchy secret door. In 9 out of 10 tries it didn't open on the first try, resulting in me being too slow.

In some of my tries I also had the impression that I got stuck at the top of the stairs to the attic for a second.

There is really not a lot more you can optimize, it is just 8 clicks that need to be perfect, a fairly straight path and then just hoping for the best.

Edited by Captain_Bone_666

I got this after a few attempts, while online.

All I did was skip both the intro, and outro scenes and put the sensitivity up all the way.

Only glitches I noticed while playing it was secret doors not opening properly.

To fix that, just move close to the door and back away as it's supposed to open.

Homerunner is definitely not glitched. You just have to be super quick.

• Like 2

I FINALLY GOT IT!

I tried 50 times which I guess eventually I finally got fast enough, did the duck and key part perfectly but still didn't pop.  Then I turned off the internet tried again and it popped! You just got to get real good at being quick, also walking backwards out of the space where the attic key is sped it up a little.  But I don't know if the offline and online thing really matters but it worked haha.

I had the same issue, tried it over and over again, got it under 1 minute quite a few times but it did not pop (skipping the outro and watching the outro).

then I went offline, as I read here, and did not skip the outro (better safe than sorry ;) ) and had the trophy.

hope they fix that problem soon, it's quite annoying - and the outro song is horrible imo.

Edited by Alexi-Sama

This trophy is so messed up.

Tried about two dozen times, doing all sorts of stuff like offline, deleting saves, doing quick sensitivity, hold on crouch, spamming O, letting credits roll, basically anything someone posted on any of the sites I usually go to.

Today I tried a few more, and decided to give up. I did a run for speedreader and a run for commentaries. Decided to try homerunner one more time before I deleted the game.

The trophy popped... It wasn't even my best run. I did a few flawless ones, with this one I didn't get the front door key on the first click and I didn't get the attic key on the first click, as well as having to reposition myself for the book...

In the end, these were my settings, though none was a first:

- no savegame deleted beforehand

- I was online

- brightness highest

- sensitivity highest

- crouch hold

- spamming O at beginning and end

The only thing new for me was that now I had obtained all other trophies...

I'll quote the oldest Darko sister when saying what exactly this game can go suck. I'm deleting it and never looking back, worst interactive fiction game ever.

I got this after a few attempts, while online.

All I did was skip both the intro, and outro scenes and put the sensitivity up all the way.

Only glitches I noticed while playing it was secret doors not opening properly.

To fix that, just move close to the door and back away as it's supposed to open.

Homerunner is definitely not glitched. You just have to be super quick.

How do you know that it's "definitely not glitched"? The thing about glitches is they hit players erratically.

Anyway, I would advise others to simply keep trying. It took me 10 tries. 3 of those were over a minute (with a stop watch). I didn't get it on my best try, either, but I did get it eventually. And for the record, I skipped both intro and outro, and played offline.

and the outro song is horrible imo.

Hell yes it is. It's like the alternative crap so mamy were subjected to in the 90s.

Okay, so, I was reading some comments on Youtube, and someone said they were told to try doing it offline(not sure by who; the developers maybe?). Disconnected, ran through it again, skipped the intro/outro, and boom. Trophy. Give that a try, if you're having this problem. Hope it helps. :)

Got this trophy first time with console offline. Previously tried multiple times online, wouldn't drop.....thanks great advise

• Like 1

Silly trophy. I clocked one of my runs at 58 seconds and it still didn't pop. Eventually I got it though. I tried a variety of methods, including skipping the intro, credits and disconnecting the internet.

What did work was staying online, skipping the intro, doing the tasks as usual and watching the credits. It popped shortly afterwards.

Edited by LurkerOfChalice

I think the safest way of getting this trophy is trying to do this on your very first run, before you ever finish the game.

You can get it anytime you want, there's no need to delete saves or something.

Not my point.

The game is glitched, something is keeping the trophy from unlocking regularly. My guess is that the game is just not alwags registering a newly started game or resetting completion time, or at least that's one of the many problems. Best bet would be trying to get this the first time around just to be sure.

I've tried like 50 times or more now. I use my phone and time myself every time and I'm always under 59 seconds. Usually 56, 57, 58 seconds. When I get the attic key, I'm usually at 18 seconds. I've tried online, I've tried offline. I've let the intro play and skipped them. I've let the credit roll. I've skipped the credits. I've tried to resume afterwards. I am absolutely sure I've done a perfect run. I'm not sure what else to try.

• Like 1

I've tried like 50 times or more now. I use my phone and time myself every time and I'm always under 59 seconds. Usually 56, 57, 58 seconds. When I get the attic key, I'm usually at 18 seconds. I've tried online, I've tried offline. I've let the intro play and skipped them. I've let the credit roll. I've skipped the credits. I've tried to resume afterwards. I am absolutely sure I've done a perfect run. I'm not sure what else to try.

Check my post from a couple of days ago for my full settings. Did you try full view and quick turnimg yet?

Finally managed to get it.  :facepalm:

I deleted the save file and I deleted the game.

Re-installed the game.

I stayed online.

Set brightness to full. Set sensitivity to the middle (not full).

Spammed the O button (as I've done before).

I got it in 59.04 seconds. Not my fastest time. I know for sure that I've beaten it at 56 and 57 seconds before.

I've tried all the above before, except for deleting the game and re-installing it. So maybe that might work for others who are battling with this trophy.

There is definitely something strange with this trophy.

Oh well, at least that's over and done with. But for a bronze, seriously? You think this would have been the gold trophy.

Edited by DysectorZA

I have issues with this trophy and it's annoying as fuck. Not because of the glitches and stuff, the girl is goddamn SLOW.

I deleted the save data, restart the game, keep smashing the O button. I dunno what else I'm gonna do...

My time is around 00:58, 00:59... :( help!

I used the trick of keeping the left stick forwards all the time while walking (except when you have to walk backwards a bit while turning when taking the keys).

Once I did that, I suddenly got the trophy on my first attempt. So it does seem to make you walk faster.

I also was offline when I got the trophy but I don't think it has anything to do with it because I already had a couple of tries offline before that, with no succes.

I used the trick of keeping the left stick forwards all the time while walking (except when you have to walk backwards a bit while turning when taking the keys).

Once I did that, I suddenly got the trophy on my first attempt. So it does seem to make you walk faster.

I also was offline when I got the trophy but I don't think it has anything to do with it because I already had a couple of tries offline before that, with no succes.

Got it after a few tries.

You just have to be on point with getting both keys.

I used to put the duck away from the small cabinet but that takes too much time so I learned late to just put it away on the same small cabinet.

Took me some tries until I finally get it, I skipped both intro and outro.

Edited by ipot_04