Homerunner trophy info

Dead Weight

Got it after a few tries.

You just have to on point with getting both keys.

I used to put the duck away from the small cabinet but that takes too much time so I learned late to just put it away on the same small cabinet.

Took me some tries until I finally get it, I skipped both intro and outro.

Got the trophy! Thanks for the tips! ^^

• Like 1

I used to put the duck away from the small cabinet but that takes too much time so I learned late to just put it away on the same small cabinet.

You can actually pick up the duck and immediately let it go, it should not be above the key any more and you should immediately be able to pick up the key without moving. That's what happened for me 100% of the time, really saved a second or two on my runs.

Okay, so, I was reading some comments on Youtube, and someone said they were told to try doing it offline(not sure by who; the developers maybe?). Disconnected, ran through it again, skipped the intro/outro, and boom. Trophy. Give that a try, if you're having this problem. Hope it helps. :)

This made it pop. Thank you!

I tried several times on this trophy. Thought I wasn't fast enough, but I even watched the playbacks and was definitely under a minute. First attempt while disconnected from the internet and I got it.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

It took a few tries, but I got the trophy to pop for me. As others have said, brightness up, sensitivity as high as you can manage, and some people also say change the crouch setting to hold so you don't accidentally end up crouched when you spam O in the beginning. Have the analog stick already aimed for the cabinet before you begin as well, grab and drop duck for the key, and go straight for the door. You should hit the door before the lights stop flickering. Open the secret door and, if it's as glitchy for you as it was for me, don't run into it or it'll stop opening. Try not to turn by the right analog but just looking in the direction you want to go (it's slower to turn) Also, when you're in the hallway, aim the camera towards the ceiling right before you get to the attic so you can open it quicker. I was connected to online, skipped opening credits, but I believe I watched the ending credits. 

• Like 1

I keep getting stopped by an invisible wall for a few seconds as I reach the top of the ladder in the attic, what gives?

EDIT: Got the trophy, turns out the invisible wall only happens if I go straight up the ladder instead of to the right.

Edited by acookieman

• 2 weeks later...

Just got it, no need to disconnect from the internet, for me, holding the left stick UP all the time while moving is the key.

Same here, I tried on an alt account to make sure the trophy was obtainable and then did it on this account first try. A problem I had was interacting with the objects(keys etc) when I got close to them, and after learning to interact as soon as I got in range it shred off a couple of seconds allowing me to get the trophy with ease. 

Edited by Blaidd-Cysgodol

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

In my experience, you just gotta do it fast enough.

I think people are just overthinking and coming up with excuses of why they aren't getting it.  I was shocked at how perfect you really need to be.  I thought I had done some good runs, but came to find out I could shave some time here and there.  Opening the secret door by the stairs, grabbing the duck.  Simply turning the corners and going where you need to go with just about zero mistakes.  I could be wrong, but you just need to be "faster".  Weird trophy, especially since the girl is pretty darn slow.  Just keep trying.  

Edited by SilkyJay86

I think people are just overthinking and coming up with excuses of why they aren't getting it.  I was shocked at how perfect you really need to be.  I thought I had done some good runs, but came to find out I could shave some time here and there.  Opening the secret door by the stairs, grabbing the duck.  Simply turning the corners and going where you need to go with just about zero mistakes.  I could be wrong, but you just need to be "faster".  Weird trophy, especially since the girl is pretty darn slow.  Just keep trying.  

Yeah, I didn't get it on first attempt. IIRC, opening some doors and selecting stuff can take a second or two extra, and that really makes the difference. When I felt I did a really good run, near perfect, it popped.

So yeah, I totally agree!

Edited by MMDE

This trophy is such pain in the arse T_T 

I think I did 40-50 attempts before I actually got it. They should have made it at least silver or give one and a half minute. I dont find it that easy. But maybe it's perhaps I'm not MLG Pro, lol

Edited by theomgkitteh

• 4 weeks later...

This is for anyone who has trouble with this trophy.

I believe the main reason why it took me 15+ tries is because the intro cutscenes possibly counts as part of the timer. On most of my attempts I would casually exit the intro when it had ran for a few seconds but on my successful try I actually spammed exit (fast enough that I ended up crouching at the start) and I was able to get it on my first attempt .

P.S. I skipped the outro/credits when the trophy popped.

• 4 weeks later...

Something I found useful to know, was at the start of the speed run you need to skip intro so that after you see the intro (the cassette tape loading screen) you don't get to see developer info. If you see developer info you have waited too long...also, when doing the behind the scenes trophy, the commentary suggests the home runner trophy can be done in 47seconds!!!! :o can't see how.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

They barely give you enough time to get this trophy. You spend one or two seconds fumbling around because you're bad at the controls or you didn't go up the stairs quickly enough, better start over.

On my 12th attempt and still haven't got it.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, kyoselflove said:

Tried all this. I give up, I guess I am just too damn slow.

Yeah, I feel the same way. I am not very good at grabbing things, especially with that damn tiny cursor. And f*ck adjusting look sensitivity! It makes your cursor swing about so wildly and you can miss grabbing the item. ?

The only saving grace is that this isn't a platinum. If it was, I would just shoot this account in the head with a mercy bullet. Screw everyone who calls me a coward, I don't care if I . ?

• 3 months later...

This took me a couple of hours to get. Besides persistence, it's hard to say what actually worked. When I did get this trophy, I was offline. The biggest problem with it is how you appear to slow down on each set of stairs and have to come to a complete stop in order to click on the attic door.