Homerunner trophy info

Dead Weight

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I tried it repeatedly back in 2016, and never could get the trophy to pop. Decided to give it another go this weekend to get one more game off the backlog and to 100%. 

Putting the game offline worked for me, but I also increased the brightness all the way up and set the crouch control to hold. I was spamming circle while the game loaded and at the ending scene as well. Beating the game in 54 seconds with only being offline didn’t work initially but with those extra two changes it finally popped.

• 9 months later...

I just want to throw my tip in here because this is what worked for me.  If you feel like you are doing it under 1 min every time and still not getting it, my theory is that you have to start the game before seeing the Fullbright logo.  If you see that logo you waited too long.  I think the timer starts as soon as the loading screen is done.  So as soon as the tape is gone hit O to start the game and do the norm.  Worked first shot for me when I took this approach.

• 2 months later...

Just got this offline. I think the timer is unreasonably tight  or it's starting earlier and ending later than people think it is as no one seems to be having trouble with the other speedrun trophy. What was ruining my run was that I kept getting caught on the invisible wall at the top of the stairs so I angled Katie a little bit differently this time to avoid it and it popped. Thing is, the times I was getting caught on the invisible wall seemed so short that I thought it was scripted to slow down at that point for dramatic effect so didn't pay it any mind. But nope, apparently it's not scripted and the timer is that tight. Doesn't help that the hidden entrance in the foyer sometimes bugs out by not opening causing you to start the run over again. Think I might get the rest of the trophies tomorrow as this Homerunner trophy soured my enjoyment somewhat. Imagine getting stressed out over Gone Home lol. Great game though!

• 1 year later...