MW3 Co-op questions

I'm trying to clean up the dusty old DLC trophies from my backlog and have a couple of questions about the veteran trophies.

1 - Is it easier to do them co-op?  Aside from the split screen sucking, are there more enemies or the same amount?

2 - If I set my character to veteran and the 2nd player to easy can I still get the trophies?  I think not but I can't remember.

I'm trying to clean up the dusty old DLC trophies from my backlog and have a couple of questions about the veteran trophies.

1 - Is it easier to do them co-op?  Aside from the split screen sucking, are there more enemies or the same amount?

2 - If I set my character to veteran and the 2nd player to easy can I still get the trophies?  I think not but I can't remember.

1. Yes >> (Same amount of enemies, depending on the map)
  2. I think both players have to be on the same difficulties to earn the trophies
Edited by ee28max

• 2 weeks later...

It's easier to do the DLC solo, I played them both solo and with a coop partner. With a decent coop partner they are managable, but you will have to work well together.

The only exception to this is the Arctic recon mission and perhaps Light em up.

Vertigo is certainly easier solo, when you play coop you get one more juggie before leaving the rooftop than you do in solo. Also the helli trophy on Vertigo is much harder than the juggie one and may take a few tries to get right. You will need to use the RPG's that are lying around at least once while on the rooftop. You can use them to down the heli that drops a juggie off in the middle of the roof with a single shot - the larger heli's that hover to drop juggies will need two RPG shots to take them out... Use the RPG as much as you can once the enemies spawn as it saves the rockets in the weapon you spawn with - you will need those rockets once you 'chute down to the lobby area, and you will need to stock up on ammo from the crates if you wish to take all the heli's out. Make sure you leave the rooftop with at least two rockets / homing missiles in it and then refill as soon as you can - don't leave the rooftop without it if you are going for the heli trophy. Also, pick up a night vision / infra red weapon (sorry, can't recall weapon names) before leaving the rooftop - there are a few lying around, as these making scoping / spotting the enemies much easier. As you chute down there will be two heli's that spawn straight away and drop enemies off - have the heat seaker / rocket weapon ready, take them out before you land if poss - once you land you will be attacked by dogs (2 or 3) so lay mines and retreat behind the fountain - more heli's will come but if you have saved your rockets you should be able to take them out before refilling at the ammo crate - from there you should be able to take out enemies with the infra red and the heli's that spawn in with the rockets. As you progress more heli's come, but once you have got them all to that point they become easier - the tricky ones are the first two lots of spawns once you get to the ground.

Unless it has been patched, if you play on Veteran and your coop partner plays on easy, you will get the trophy for doing it on veteran - I seem to recall doing this with a player and I had it on easy settings and he got the trophies (I already had them and was helping someone out).

Getting off the ship in Arctic recon is also pretty easy once you have a good coop buddy and know the best routes to take.

Negotiator is a bitch in coop, I earned both the rescue and veteran trophies solo - it is far, far tougher in coop. Though if you go down then your partner can revive you, but getting all the hostages is tough as the wave of enemies that spawn in the last two parts of the mission seem relentless and can easily down you.

I'd say that the only ones that you will need to do with a partner are the Arctic recon and Light em up missions, otherwise you will find it easier on solo.

The DLC are some of the toughest missions in spec ops, Negotiator and Light em up, as well as Vertigo are easily as tough as Smack Town - I'd say, on Veteran difficulty they are harder, because the only tough part in ST is the heli ride in, those DLC missions are tough all the way through. But with practice you ill be able to beat them :)

Edited by yoda_squad