Banned for Boosting?

CarMineFox7

I read the recent overwatch trophy guide and at the end it said you could possibly get banned for boosting if you're in a match for to long. So I wanted to ask has anybody heard of anybody getting banned for boosting? While I don't mind playing regularly I know some of the trophies are very difficult to obtain just by playing regularly.

I read the recent overwatch trophy guide and at the end it said you could possibly get banned for boosting if you're in a match for to long. So I wanted to ask has anybody heard of anybody getting banned for boosting? While I don't mind playing regularly I know some of the trophies are very difficult to obtain just by playing regularly.

When you're in a match too long like I was with some fellow boosting partners (I think it was about an hour in a capture map), you get booted out from the server, with a message saying "Exceeded time" or something like that, which seems to be just a plain measure to avoid hackers or people trying to overload the servers.

About banning I don't know for sure. The only thing in the ToS barely related is losing a match on purpose to gain something. In that case since most boosting sessions end in the opposing team capturing the points or pushing the payload while the rest just stays back boosting (this is, matches with randoms), I don't think it would be against the ToS.

There was a massive ban of Chinese players and the like recently but I read somewhere it was related to some cheating program (fucking losers).