Premium Upgrades: $4.99/year or $12.99 for Life

Sly Ripper

Well you are logged in when you make the purchase.  Wouldn't be the hardest thing in the world to log the name of the logged in user, and the user being gifted the premium.  It's no real concern, I just emailed my friend and told him, it just seems like a handy feature to be able to surprise a friend with.

What makes you say that? You can go to all profiles without being logged in and click the gift premium button on each profile. It takes you to PayPal or to the thing where you type your Credit Card info and that's it.

Aside from that, even if you could theoretically grab that info it still would not be ok to share someone's personal information without their consent and usernames count as personal information as you can identify a person with that.

But I do agree with you that you should be notified when a Premium membership has been activated.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just such a shame you can't switch your lifetime one onto a different account. My older one that I no longer use is a lifetime one, but this one isn't which is a shame at the moment. Would love to get it again, but with games always going on sale when I have money makes it impossible. xD But one day I will have it again.

55 minutes ago, tsuki_-no-_usagi said:

Just such a shame you can't switch your lifetime one onto a different account. My older one that I no longer use is a lifetime one, but this one isn't which is a shame at the moment. Would love to get it again, but with games always going on sale when I have money makes it impossible. xD But one day I will have it again.

I can transfer it for you

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Sargon said:

Stupid question: Where can I change the user title?

Go to your forum profile then click edit profile. It's the "Member Title" field on top.

If I remember correctly, I read somewhere on this forum that it's no longer limited to just premium members. The only requirement is having 50+ posts. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, TurdFlingingApe said:

Are there any other benefits that are not listed?

Well, there's a section of the forum that only premium members can post in: https://forum.psnprofiles.com/forum/1802-premium-members/

Buuuut before you get too excited, the reason it probably wasn't listed is because nobody really gives a damn about it. :P

15 minutes ago, TurdFlingingApe said:

I see people with avatars that are animated and gifs in their signature. Is this a Premium account thing or could anyone do it before?

I'm pretty sure neither of those things are premium member exclusive, but the bigger file size for the avatars probably makes it easier to have an animated one.

• Like 1

Just now, Undead Wolf said:

Well, there's a section of the forum that only premium members can post in: https://forum.psnprofiles.com/forum/1802-premium-members/

Buuuut before you get too excited, the reason it probably wasn't listed is because nobody really gives a damn about it. :P

I'm pretty sure neither of those things are premium member exclusive, but the bigger file size for the avatars probably makes it easier to have an animated one.

Ah that's why they can do the animated avatars.

That signature of yours with Joker and the weird eyes dude, could you do sigs like that without Premium?

Btw, would you know the dimensions/resolution for the cover photo on the forum profile page, the long one that has "See my Activity" and "PSN Profile" buttons on the right side?

1 minute ago, TurdFlingingApe said:

That signature of yours with Joker and the weird eyes dude, could you do sigs like that without Premium?

I can't say with 100% certainty since I've been a premium member before I even started posting here, but like I said before, I'm pretty sure regular members have the same restrictions as premium members when it comes to the signatures. I've never seen anyone say any different.

3 minutes ago, TurdFlingingApe said:

Btw, would you know the dimensions/resolution for the cover photo on the forum profile page, the long one that has "See my Activity" and "PSN Profile" buttons on the right side?

The cover photos are pretty odd because the dimensions change depending on how you're viewing them. The desktop and mobile versions look different for example.

There's some more info about that here:

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, MrChrider said:

Hi,

how can i get the Premium for Life Upgrade? The only option i have is the one year upgrade. 

You'll have to press the big green "Pay with Paypal" or "Pay with Card" buttons, if you click on the "Just a year for $4.99 will do" link under those it will just give you the option for one year.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, BlindMango said:

You'll have to press the big green "Pay with Paypal" or "Pay with Card" buttons, if you click on the "Just a year for $4.99 will do" link under those it will just give you the option for one year.

ok thanks i thought the green button was for a year because "Just a year for $4.99 will do"  stand under it

• Like 1