Destiny Rise of Iron Discussion Thread

Aranea Highwind

rufwdh3tl6iiwklvvn9l.jpg

Destiny’s next big expansion, Rise of Iron, will launch on September 20 for Xbox One and PS4, according to the game’s official website.

Apparently, Bungie is going to pull the plug on past generation consoles. I will update this thread tomorrow with a trailer of this expansion as Bungie will be live streaming, Destiny next adventure.

Edited by Paige
  • Like 3

The trailer got leaked hours before the official stream. By pre ordering the game people will get access to the "Iron Gjallarhorn", i don't see expect it to be nearly as powerful as the original one since pretty much everyone will have access to it

22.jpg

I'm betting it'll be a green weapon like the Suros pre-order bonus from TTK. Rocket Launchers took a huge beating by the nerf too. I don't expect too much out of this at all.

Edited by Rowdi

Yeah, but what about the new zone and social space?  :P  I love how the new areas in the trailer look.

Hopefully they show new gameplay footage on today stream.  The new armor that we can obtain on this expansion looks awesome, to be honest i was tired of the Hive armor we obtained from the King's Fall Raid.

22.jpg

I'm betting it'll be a green weapon like the Suros pre-order bonus from TTK. Rocket Launchers took a huge beating by the nerf too. I don't expect too much out of this at all.

It will be an exotic weapon and only those who pre order the game will have access to a quest that regards you with the Iron Gjallarhorn upon completion. The thing that made the original Gjallarhorn the best weapon in the game is the "Wolfpack Rounds" perk so i see that perk being removed from this Y3 version of the weapon.

• Like 1

Well... my take is there will be a pre-order bonus for the "Black" Gally, but a regular Y3 Gally will be available to everyone either via random drop or quest. My money is on a quest specifically for the Gally.

Oops... I guess Paige already said that.

Edited by cdrcouey

I never planned on coming back to Destiny after putting over 1000 hours into it. I really thought I was done. This expansion has me hooked. Gally is back and we get more Earth content, a new campaign, and A FALLEN RAID. Ugh. Damn you Bungie! Damn you! I'm just a sucker apparently.

• Like 2

Stream breakdown that was posted on Destiny Reddit....

Edit: By the way you receive this theme after pre ordering the expansion.

• Next Gen Only! Rise of Iron is exclusively for Xbox One and PS4.

• Anyone can get the Gjallarhorn Y2 from a quest, you forge it from the armor of fallen heroes. However, you can only get the "Iron Gjallarhorn" from a preorder (Iron Gjallarhorn is the black and silver one).

• Plaguelands. Inside old Russia. It's been locked off for centuries by the Vanguard and Lords of Iron. It has new patrols, public events, etc.

• The Wall. It has "changed significantly" from when we first saw it.

• New Raid! "Very exciting and very cool".

• New and updated Strikes.

• New Patrols and Public Events.

• Updated Crucible. New Maps, New Mode (Note that mode is singular), and New Features (ambiguous).

• Rise of Iron costs $30 USD.

• "The Cosmodrome has changed significantly".

• Felwinter Peak, which overlooks Old Russia, holds the "Iron Temple", where the Iron Lords kept watch over humanity. The players will have to take back the Iron Temple, which is the new social space. It is likely that the first mission in Rise of Iron will be taking back the Iron Temple. You can learn more about the lore of the Iron Lords in this temple.

• Technological plague called "Seeva" ("Civa"?, "Sieva"? "Ceeva"?) the Iron Lords (except Saladin) sacrificed themselves to contain this plague.

• Jolder, as known by the gun "Jolder's Hammer" was female. The expansion will delve into the identities of the Iron Lords.

• Players can not get their own wolves like Saladin has.

• The Fallen, being infatuated with technology, have burrowed into Golden Age vaults and found Seeva, and are using it to transform themselves into "Machine Gods".

• The big walker towards the end of the trailer was referred to as the "Death Zamboni" but no further elaboration was offered aside from the implication that it is part of the Raid.

• Maximum Light will increase "significantly". However, they would not give a number.

• It's an axe, not a hammer. It is known as a relic, similar to the scorch cannon or Aegis, it is a temporary powerup that can be found in the world.

• More information will be revealed at E3 in LA.

Edited by Paige
  • Like 1

The new armor that we can obtain on this expansion looks awesome, to be honest i was tired of the Hive armor we obtained from the King's Fall Raid.

Agreed.

Well, I'm excited. I really like the theme of this expansion as I find the Iron Lords and their lore really interesting. And I have to say that I'm glad that it's for Xbox One and PS4 only.

• Like 1

I really hate this. I don't have any of the expansion packs for the PS4 version and I'm sure as hell not spending $40 for TTK AGAIN just to play Rise of Iron. Refusing to put the last DLC on PS3/360 is stupid and alienates players who don't own the current gen systems. Bungie has proven they can get the game to run perfectly fine on last gen consoles without sacrificing too much. The game looks beautiful, runs at a steady frame rate and has very few bugs. Not releasing the last DLC to last gen players of Destiny is inexcusable.

Wonder if it'll add trophies.

They might add a few more trophies if Bungie feels like it. Destiny is a 10 years plan and will continue to be updated during that time. I suppose trophy completionist should have done a little more research before picking up this game. To be honest i hope they add a few more trophies on this new expansion, Destiny is one of my favorite games and having new things like more trophies is a nice thing.

I really hate this. I don't have any of the expansion packs for the PS4 version and I'm sure as hell not spending $40 for TTK AGAIN just to play Rise of Iron. Refusing to put the last DLC on PS3/360 is stupid and alienates players who don't own the current gen systems. Bungie has proven they can get the game to run perfectly fine on last gen consoles without sacrificing too much. The game looks beautiful, runs at a steady frame rate and has very few bugs. Not releasing the last DLC to last gen players of Destiny is inexcusable.

Unfortunately, PS3/XB360 are hampering the progress of Destiny. It does sucks for the people who wanted to play this expansion but let's be serious here, the sales aren't there anymore.

The thing is Bungie gave last generation owners 3 years to upgrade and the 10 years support from Sony should be ending soon. I started to play Destiny on the PS4 and when i played the game on a PS3 on a friends house the experience was horrible for me. Going to the menu and switching weapons takes 1 - 2 minutes, using an ammo synth takes 2 minutes.... all of those take less than 5 seconds on current generation. The game looks fine on PS3/Xbox 360 but those consoles struggle to run Destiny.

Limited vault space is one of the many reasons the past gen is holding current gen back, though that shouldn't be a proven anymore since the next expansion will only support current generation consoles. Bungie hasn't reveal much details regarding those who still play on PS3/Xbox 360 but they have a plans to make the upgrade process less expensive.

Edited by Paige
  • Like 1

I higly doubt this expansion will come with trophies considering that the trophy list is shared between PS3 and PS4 and there will be no PS3 support for the DLC.

If you dont get what I mean look at GTA5. PS3 version and PS4 version are two separate entities on the Playstation network. The PS4 version has more trophies. They were never originally linked. Rockstar did this purposely to add PS4 specific trophies like playing the game in first person mode, which is unavailable on the PS3.

You cant release a dlc with trophies if the PS3 cant acquire them and both versions are shared under same game.

Edited by Nednrb
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I higly doubt this expansion will come with trophies considering that the trophy list is shared between PS3 and PS4 and there will be no PS3 support for the DLC.

If you dont get what I mean look at GTA5. PS3 version and PS4 version are two separate entities on the Playstation network. The PS4 version has more trophies. They were never originally linked. Rockstar did this purposely to add PS4 specific trophies like playing the game in first person mode, which is unavailable on the PS3.

You cant release a dlc with trophies if the PS3 cant acquire them and both versions are shared under same game.

Other games have done this before. Examples: Borderlands 2 and The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth.

Both examples have a shared trophy list between PS3 and PSVita. However, the Vita version of both titles is missing some trophy related DLC because of system limitation which makes 100% on Vita only impossible.

This could happen here as well.

• Like 1

I really REALLY hope you are right. I don't want to see Destiny getting anymore trophies.

Other games have done this before. Examples: Borderlands 2 and The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth.

Both examples have a shared trophy list between PS3 and PSVita. However, the Vita version of both titles is missing some trophy related DLC because of system limitation which makes 100% on Vita only impossible.

This could happen here as well.

I really REALLY hope you are right. I don't want to see Destiny getting anymore trophies.

Read the quote above yours.

Bungie doesn't really care about trophies or the trophy hunter community. Just talk to the people that are locked from plat since TTK release because they only own vanilla and can't get the Suited for War trophy or the people that had grind for Mythoclasts during HoW because it was the only exotic weapon that would unlock the Packing Heat trophy. I can also see some problems down the road with some TTK trophies down the line once the Taken patrol encounters get replaced with Siva Fallen.

RoFe is supposed to be a major expansion like TTK. I'd be very surprised if it doesn't have trophies. That said, it doesn't bother me either way. I'll play it regardless.