Destiny Rise of Iron Discussion Thread

Aranea Highwind

Game Informer will be covering all of the latest information regarding the Rise of Iron expansion this month. The online magazine will be available later today for those who are subscribed to the digital format. In the mean you can check out some screenshots and even a video that shows a bit of the new Crucible mode.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2016/08/02/september-cover-revealed-destiny-rise-of-iron-77532.aspx

2016-09-cover-front-610.jpg

Edited by Paige
  • Like 1

GameInformer: What's New in Destiny: Rise of Iron's Gameplay

Everything I've seen of Rise of Iron just makes me really excited. And the wolves look cute, haha.

Also, summary of the GameInformer article posted on Reddit by ebolaxb:

Summary so far:

• Max level of 385 - then 400 for HM Raid (Wrath of the Machine)

• Sept. 23 raid launch date

• 8 new class-agnostic artifacts that allow for special buffs to characters

1. Memory of Radeghast: adds a new ability for sword heavy weapons to reflect projectiles, including ogre blasts and crucible rockets.

2. Memory of Perun: adds ability to highlight guardians with full super in yellow, and guardians with low health in red.

3. Memory of Jolder: removes sprint cooldown

4. Memory of Silmar: dramatically reduces any damage dealt by DoT effects (such as Thorn poison).

5. Memory of Felwinter: lose your super, but gain an extra grenade and melee, and boost to all stats.

6. Memory of Gheleon: gain detailed radar at all times, including when aiming a primary (grants precision radar and third eye).

7. Memory of Skorri: speeds super recharge for all nearby allies.

8. Memory of Timur: Melee an enemy for a chance to make them an ally for a short time.

• Adding more cosmetic adjustments for armor AND weapons

• The Iron Lord armor set will come from a Rise of Iron Record Book

• IB reinvented, 4 new maps. No more tempered, less rep needed overall. No more rep bonuses from gear.

• IB - each bounty completed will reward you with an IB weapon or armor piece via /u/gangledupjoe

• Radiant Treasures: Confirmed Microtransactions for Ornaments. Radiant Treasures seem to be the new version of Sterling Treasure. Obtainable on a weekly basis for completing goals and then also through Eververse. via /u/YendysWv

• Bungie HINTS AT CUSTOM MATCHES, aka the feature "Our community has been clammoring for."

• New Faction (NM, FWC, DO) armor sets, sparrows, ghost shells.

• Thorn is getting a quest to obtain it, just like Gjallarhorn.

• The Kvostov 7G-0X is a new exotic auto rifle with a fire mode selector. It can basically be a scout, pulse, Suros Regime, or bullet hose. Also acquired from a quest.

• Sepiks prime is back as Sepiks Perfected . And The Summoning Pits will be the Abomination Heist .

• Festival of Light returning in October

• SRL Back in December

• SRL/MoT type book to track progress of ROI

• New Cruicible mode - "Supremacy" - kill enemies to make them drop a crest. Your team only scores if someone (you or a teammate) picks up that crest. Enemy team members can also pick up the crest to deny your score, but they won’t gain any points themselves.

• "Archon's Forge" - basically new Court of Oryx. They have adjusted the summoned encounters to last longer --"around five minutes" and the drops used to summon the various possible difficulties come from Patrol. via /u/YendysWv

• PS Exlusive Map - Finally, this year’s PlayStation exclusive map is Icarus, a solar-collection site on Mercury. The arena is the raised structure at the center of the much larger crater-like array. Its circular shape inevitably funnels into furious conflagrations at the center.

• When Speaking on Exotics, "These Include the long- awaited arrival of Warlock exotic boots (finally!), a new sidearm reminiscent of the classic RoboCop gun, and a SIVA-themed pulse rifle that blossoms out a cloud of seeking energy for a successful precision kill."

• every class item that has ever shown up in Destiny is returning to circulation with the exception of items from previous raids

• Class Items can change color via shader

• All Year Two weapons and armor can be infused to Rise Of Iron stats

• There are quest lines after the main story missions leading up to the new strikes via /u/YendysWV

• Skeleton Keys are rewards from completing strikes whether it be a nightfall, playlist or just chosen from the director and Strike Hoard chests are chest that appear at the end of any strike where you can use the Skeleton key to get a guaranteed piece of strike specific loot. via /u/Zxar99

I'm mostly a pvp player these days so I'm really looking forward to the new Crucible mode. To me, from what I've seen and read, it seemed pretty similar to Call of Duty's Kill Confirmed which in my opinion would be pretty awesome. I also love it that all the class items that we have previously seen will return (except the raid items) in Rise of Iron.

• Like 1

I haven't seen anyone post information on the new artifacts yet, so here they are:

• Memory of Radegast - Reflect energy-based projectiles, including Ogre’s Eye-blasts and Rockets in the Crucible!
  • Memory of Perun - Enemy Guardians with full supers are highlighted Yellow, and all enemies with low health are highlighted Red for easy targeting.
  • Memory of Jolder - Sprint cooldown is completely eliminated – run free, Guardians!
  • Memory of Silimar - All damage-over-time effects are dramatically reduced.
  • Memory of Felwinter - A dramatic change: Lose access to your super, but gain an extra Grenade and Melee charge, a boost to all stats, and Orbs recharge both your Grenades and Melees.
  • Memory of Gheleon - Gain detailed radar at all times, including when aiming down sights on Primary Weapons.
  • Memory of Skorri - Glow with an inspiring light that speeds up Super recharge for all nearby allies.
  • Memory of Timur - Melee attacks may turn low level Minions of Darkness into temporary allies in combat, lasting 30 seconds or until you melee the enemy again, whichever comes first.

Source: http://planetdestiny.com/rise-of-iron-gear-rewards-light/

• 2 weeks later...

New information from Game Informer interview/

Bungie has a community team that ranks the most asked for Destiny community changes. Every month they have a list of what the community wants that is constantly updated internally. They even talked about the community's ideas for "Juggernaut" where one player is at a high LL while other players will lower their LL and hide.

"There is something in the [new] social space that we haven't talked about".

"With the release of ROI, will we be getting a new 'weapon and class tuning' update?" BNG-->"At a later date, post ROI."

*What's the release time for RoI? - 2AM PT
*Will SRL be permanent? we're not allowed to talk about it at this moment
*Will the Gjallarhorn be the "mighty" weapon it was or the post-nerf version? It will be tuned to be not the only weapon you use
*Will we see more Chroma? We wanted to introduce the new ornaments as an evolution of chromas. Previous chroma will still be available.
*Will Banshee have new weapons? We updated Gunsmith weapons to the new light level.
*Changes in the Vault organization? Not in day 1 but we're working on it.
*Will Year 2 ToO armor be available in Year 3? No, hurry and get it now.

Xur will also sell ornaments that you can get from Radiant Treasure. "RT drops can be converted to 'silver dust' and used to buy items from Tess." It sounds like "Silver Dust" can be used at both Tess and Xur.

The "Exotic weapons/armor" kiosk will be updated to include the new items without specifically showing "year 3".

Private matches wins and kills count towards grimoire.

Eva Lavante will now sell Chroma.

Edited by Paige
  • Like 1

I really hate this. I don't have any of the expansion packs for the PS4 version and I'm sure as hell not spending $40 for TTK AGAIN just to play Rise of Iron. Refusing to put the last DLC on PS3/360 is stupid and alienates players who don't own the current gen systems. Bungie has proven they can get the game to run perfectly fine on last gen consoles without sacrificing too much. The game looks beautiful, runs at a steady frame rate and has very few bugs. Not releasing the last DLC to last gen players of Destiny is inexcusable.

There's a collection upgrade available especially for players on last-gen. You get everything up to and including ROI for $40. It is $10 more than current-gen players are spending, but it's a lot cheaper than buying TTK +ROI from scratch.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/destiny-the-collection-upgrade/cid=UP0002-CUSA00219_00-DSTCOLLECTIONUPG

There's a collection upgrade available especially for players on last-gen. You get everything up to and including ROI for $40. It is $10 more than current-gen players are spending, but it's a lot cheaper than buying TTK +ROI from scratch.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/destiny-the-collection-upgrade/cid=UP0002-CUSA00219_00-DSTCOLLECTIONUPG

Glad to see this. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

It's officially one of the worst DLCs i ever bought lol, everything is re-used from older enemies/weapons, Raid Armor and Weapons are ugly af, the Raid is short (my fireteam reached the last boss in 40 minutes on first try but had to stop because the drops weren't enough to even touch 370), some quests are just copy paste material and it's expensive, nice one, Bungo!

It's officially one of the worst DLCs i ever bought...

Hold up. You paid for it?

It was fun doing the Raid for the first 5 times, than it got boring, if i knew how this was going to end i wouldn't have spent my money on it, i'll play Rise of Iron just because i want the 100% back and my friend will let me use his account to download it.

Seems awfully ironic to me to bitch about an overpriced DLC that you game shared.
  • Like 1

Hold up. You paid for it?

Seems awfully ironic to me to bitch about an overpriced DLC that you game shared.

I paid for it because in order to have more reliable people for the raid, me and my friend decided to put the account on his brother's ps4. Are you nervous?

mxDcJkf.jpg

Overpriced, horrible and not necessary DLC, they should just let the game die, release Dumbstiny 2 and leave people's trophy lists alone.

Edited by Pavani_

I paid for it because in order to have more reliable people for the raid, me and my friend decided to put the account on his brother's ps4. Are you nervous?

mxDcJkf.jpg

Overpriced, horrible and not necessary DLC, they should just let the game die, release Dumbstiny 2 and leave people's trophy lists alone.

Why should I be nervous? I didn't break sony or psnp's ToS. Good on you to pay for it though. By all means, complain to you heart's content.

Yeah, but that's not what you said in the post from the other thread. Does that make sense?

Yes, but it's strange that it's against the ToS. If people were doing something similar to the old trick from PS3 (activation trick) i would agree, but using the same account on 2 consoles isn't against the rules.

Yes, but it's strange that it's against the ToS. If people were doing something similar to the old trick from PS3 (activation trick) i would agree, but using the same account on 2 consoles isn't against the rules.

It's always been that way. The only consoles your account is supposed to be on in the ones in your household. It's the reason why Sony limited how many consoles your account can be activated on, iirc.

Edit: we've kinda went on a tangent with the thread too. We should probably use a pm if we need to discuss this further.

Edited by Rowdi

It's always been that way. The only consoles your account is supposed to be on in the ones in your household. It's the reason why Sony limited how many consoles your account can be activated on, iirc.

Edit: we've kinda went on a tangent with the thread too. We should probably use a pm if we need to discuss this further.

Did you get your iron lord relics today?   :awesome:

Let's get this show on the road. Tell me the damage rowdi. How many hours bare minimum am I looking at here to finish the dlc trophies?

Did you get your iron lord relics today? :awesome:

I have to wait until my next day off. Are they all different from last week's?

Let's get this show on the road. Tell me the damage rowdi. How many hours bare minimum am I looking at here to finish the dlc trophies?

I'm guessing 20-30 hours, bare minimum. Could be more depending on where your LL is and how you go about grinding to raise it. It's definitely shorter than TTK. You may have some problems with the iron lord relic trophy. It requires you to activate all of them and you can only do one per character per week.

Edit: The LL grind is much slower once you reach 340. There was an exploit to help you reach 365 quickly, but that's been patched out. With limited ways to receive ghosts and artifacts, the grind could be significantly longer than I initially stated and depends heavily on when you start and activities that are available to you for light gains.

My advice would be for you (BT) or anybody that's wants the 100% quickly would be to wait on an inevitable quality of life update that allows multiple fast paths to a new higher max light.

Edited by Rowdi