GTA V overtakes IV on this site!

VeldinX

So it was bound to happen sooner or later, GTA V (PS3) has finally overtaken its predecessor here on PSNProfiles!!

Thoughts? Do we think it's well deserved or was IV more deserving? Anyone think it will topple Modern Warfare 2 or even Black Ops and take the top spot?

uJ1E5dJ.png

• Like 1

I spotted this earlier. It's a pretty significant milestone! GTA V will overtake Modern Warfare 2, almost certainly. Not sure about whether it'll move ahead of Black Ops though. It's still got a pretty hefty lead. 97,000 owners more than Modern Warfare 2 alone.

Edited by Dreamcatcher4891

It was actually many days ago cause GTA V also on PS4, but good to see this. Actually, I'm still feeling shocked how cool was COD in times of MW2 and BO so they took 2 first places even with annual release. It's a mastershots from Activision and Infinity Ward and Treyarch. I hope that COD series will recover soon to the level of story like MW2 or BO had...:(

Is a fantastic game so it deserves it :)

Personally there are some aspects of it that I was a little disappointed with like the story and characters, which in my opinion weren't as good written as opposed to previous entries of the franchise. I have to say I enjoyed GTA 4's story way more than 5's.

Still as an open world game and the way things like the internet were implemented here in a realistic way is amazing!

• Like 3

Maybe in an alternate reality full of trophy whores, or you know Hannah Montana fans but the former is more likely! :P

This game is ONLY for trophy whores, cuz even "fans" are disgusted by this "game". :D

Would be interesting to see where San Andreas on PS2 would stand in those list. <3 Or Vice City like Joker said.

And: Don't get me wrong but I don't understand the success of the COD series. :huh: 

It would be amazing to see Vice City up there, though unlikely, it's my favourite of the series too. It did just recently reach 10K though which is good for a PS2-PS4 game. Meanwhile, San Andreas is sitting pretty at 15K, the highest of the PS2 games unsurprisingly.

Is a fantastic game so it deserves it :)

Personally there are some aspects of it that I was a little disappointed with like the story and characters, which in my opinion weren't as good written as opposed to previous entries of the franchise. I have to say I enjoyed GTA 4's story way more than 5's.

Still as an open world game and the way things like the internet were implemented here in a realistic way is amazing!

I agree totally: IV better for story/character development, V better for massive open-worldly-ness

It would be amazing to see Vice City up there, though unlikely, it's my favourite of the series too. It did just recently reach 10K though which is good for a PS2-PS4 game. Meanwhile, San Andreas is sitting pretty at 15K, the highest of the PS2 games unsurprisingly.

Ha! yeah no surprises there  :P I wonder how much will both Stories reach when they get released (who are we kidding, everyone knows that they are coming after what Take-Two said :giggle:), will they be able to surpass 3 or Vice City?

Ha! yeah no surprises there  :P I wonder how much will both Stories reach when they get released (who are we kidding, everyone knows that they are coming after what Take-Two said :giggle:), will they be able to surpass 3 or Vice City?

Nah, they'll be popular but won't beat III and VC. A lot of people overlook them, but that won't stop me from getting them and enjoying them again! :D

And: Don't get me wrong but I don't understand the success of the COD series. :huh: 

Me: why do you play shooters like CoD or Counter Strike?

Friend: I don't know.

Even they themselves don't know.

Yes, that happened, not even once or twice.

Nah, they'll be popular but won't beat III and VC. A lot of people overlook them, but that won't stop me from getting them and enjoying them again! :D

I guess but since they were mostly PS2/PSP exclusives I believe there might be many people interested in them, and their value and interest might have increased after all this time.

Same thing with REmake and RE0: they weren't exactly popular when they were originally released and didn't sold too many copies, because there were many similar games at the time in terms of gameplay and horror, so they didn't gathered too much attention (RE4 did sold well on GC, so its not all because of that console's sales). And now that they got re-released on many new platforms and that they earned more interest from the gaming public after all this years they sold extremely well this time around, because they were seen as something "new" and different from the perspective of new players and old fans who were wanting to play them.

What I'm trying to say is that for 2006/2007's standards both Stories might have been overlooked, but time has passed and now we are in 2016, with so many people getting impatient for a new GTA game to arrive I think that both Stories might be an interesting "filler" for them in the meantime :) and they will be met with a different perspective now.

Edited by Finozzi1696
  • Like 1

I guess but since they were mostly PS2/PSP exclusives I believe there might be many people interested in them, and their value and interest might have increased after all this time.

Same thing with REmake and RE0: they weren't exactly popular when they were originally released and didn't sold too many copies, because there were many similar games at the time in terms of gameplay and horror, so they didn't gathered too much attention (RE4 did sold well on GC, so its not all because of that console's sales). And now that they got re-released on many new platforms and that they earned more interest from the gaming public after all this years they sold extremely well this time around, because they were seen as something "new" and different from the perspective of new players and old fans who were wanting to play them.

What I'm trying to say is that for 2006/2007's standards both Stories might have been overlooked, but time has passed and now we are in 2016, with so many people getting impatient for a new GTA game to arrive I think that both Stories might be an interesting "filler" for them in the meantime :) and they will be met with a different perspective now.

That's true, and a fair amount of people would have missed out on the GTA Stories first time around, not having a PSP or moving on to PS3/360 by the time they came to PS2. So if, I mean when ;) they come to PS4, it will be the prefect chance for many to catch up. Then there's also fans like myself who will want to get them again for two shinny new platinums! :D

• Like 1

We're forgetting GTA V was released twice, combine the numbers of both versions and see where it sits. Obviously there'd be a fair few people, like me, who own both, but it would still be a decent bit higher.

It would be number one in that case, but I was just counting the PS3 release really. If GTA IV was remastered for PS4 as well it too could have a few hundred thousand more players.

GTA 4 wouldn't overtake GTA 5 if it were released on PS4. GTA 4, IMO, is now outdated. Though what are people taking about when they say GTA 4 has a good story? It was only good in the beginning and the very last 4 missions. Though there were some good characters like Packie, Brucie, Dimitri, Little Jacob, and a few others. Definitely liked V so much better. But the DLCs for GTA 4 had a good story(TBoGT) and a great story (TLAD).

Edited by zacharonii

GTA 4 wouldn't overtake GTA 5 if it were released on PS4. GTA 4, IMO, is now outdated. Though what are people taking about when they say GTA 4 has a good story? It was only good in the beginning and the very last 4 missions. Though there were some good characters like Packie, Brucie, Dimitri, Little Jacob, and a few others. Definitely liked V so much better. But the DLCs for GTA 4 had a good story(TBoGT) and a great story (TLAD).

I mean that was my opinion, everyone will have a different experience after playing them, and mine was that I enjoyed GTA 4's story more than 5's, which I didn't thought it was that good compared to previous games of the franchise, same thing with its characters. Then again that was my opinion, and I respect yours :)

C'mon let's be honest here, GTA V has virtually no story when you compare it to the "outdated" Vice City, San Andreas and IV. :P

Though you're probably right in saying IV wouldn't overtake V on PS4, I'll give you that one. I was being overzealous with the numbers.

There are so many Call of Duty lovers out there. Most of them buy and only play online, making the Game Owners increase, then the Platinum will become Rarer, just like Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, it was at 5.46% VERY RARE, now it's below 5.00% ULTRA RARE.

It's interesting that GTA V Overtook it's fellow franchise, but I doubt it will take over the Call of Duty (Black Ops & Modern Warfare 2). I'll wait and see if that'll happen sooner or later.