GTA V overtakes IV on this site!

VeldinX

What was the story of all the old games? If the older games have such a great story than tell me what they are. I have played most of them and beat most of them so I do know what the story is. An actual summary not something like "you rise to the top". Though I liked VCS story,the first 25 missions in GTA SA, and some of the Las Venturas missions. I felt SA,after the gang story in the first 20-25 missions, was just there to go around the map. It was so random and the ending was so rushed. I felt that Tenpenny should've been in the game longer,same as Big Smoke. Ryder and BS were best characters and were only in the game for the beginning. Though I feel VC is overrated and the worst GTA besides GTA 1 so don't ask me about that game. Just because I said outdated doesn't mean I don't love the games.

My list from best to worst, from what I played

1.V

2.SA

3.VCS

4.III

5.TLAD

6.TBoGT

7.IV

8.LCS

9.VC

FYI if it looks like I have some grammar errors than it is because I am using a phone.

What was the story of all the old games? If the older games have such a great story than tell me what they are. I have played most of them and beat most of them so I do know what the story is. An actual summary not something like "you rise to the top". Though I liked VCS story,the first 25 missions in GTA SA, and some of the Las Venturas missions. I felt SA,after the gang story in the first 20-25 missions, was just there to go around the map. It was so random and the ending was so rushed. I felt that Tenpenny should've been in the game longer,same as Big Smoke. Ryder and BS were best characters and were only in the game for the beginning. Though I feel VC is overrated and the worst GTA besides GTA 1 so don't ask me about that game. Just because I said outdated doesn't mean I don't love the games.

My list from best to worst, from what I played

1.V

2.SA

3.VCS

4.III

5.TLAD

6.TBoGT

7.IV

8.LCS

9.VC

FYI if it looks like I have some grammar errors than it is because I am using a phone.

is that hard for you to understand that just because you liked 5's story that doesn't mean everyone else did or has to?

personally i was bored with 5's story and characters, they were so forgettable to me that i honestly can't remember what the story was about, and i also can't remember who the antagonist was! and i just played it last year. i had a better time with san andreas and 4 which i found to be more enjoyable and memorable, and to this day i still remember their characters and the premise of their stories, and last time i played them was many years ago!

as an open world game gta 5 is awesome and very well done on many aspects, but in my opinion is like they gave more priority to the world and they didn't put the same effort on the story aspect this time.

in my opinion franklin has to be the most dull and boring gta protagonist of all time -and no i'm not racist since i consider CJ to be the opposite: one of the best ones of the franchise-, michael was a little more interesting except for its family, and trevor well is not too hard to make a crazy character interesting, but its actions made him unlikeable at times. i found that having 3 protagonists this time affected their character development and how much you were involved with their characters.

notice how every time i said "in my opinion", because that's what i felt after playing them, you liked the story? cool. everyone will have different opinions of everything, your most beloved game will be the most hated for other person, and something that you found to be pretty bad it will be pretty good for someone else. this applies to everything.

Edited by smellslikejavier

am i mistaken or is the thread title something along the lines of V overtakes IV on this site...and the OP is asking will it overtake COD MW2 or BO?...as much as i appreciate everyone's opinions about the GTA series, does it bear relevance to the thread topic or merit a thread of its own?...kind of scratching my head at some of the posts...i don't think our personal opinions of the series will change the facts...just my opinion as well, of course...which leads to:

to keep on topic would have to say that stats speak for themselves, V is more popular than IV for whatever reason...marketing/hype, well-timed release date, releasing on PS3 and then again when PS4 didn't have a solid list of games with the added FPS mode making some people buy it twice...as far as overtaking COD, will depend highly on future re-masters and such...when i tell people one of my hobbies is gaming one of the first games to come up is always COD not GTA...it would seem that everyone has played COD...when i say my favorite games are GTA ones i have gotten "never played it" more than once...sooooo based on my personal experience COD will always be in the lead...

I didn't say it was fact. I did use I quite a bit in the argument. At least you,smellslikejavier, were being mature about the argument because a lot of people would have cried about my OP. But I will say that there are a lot of people that would agree with my opinion.

Edited by zacharonii

It was just a matter of time for GTA V to pass GTA IV.The timing of release was right and V has way better online than IV. I suppose, if someone (same id) gets it for both ps3 and ps4, it counts for 2 purchases? I plan to get it for ps4 as well, when the price is dropped (already gave 60 euros for ps3 pre-order).Although i didn't find V's story better than IV's.Anyway, GTA V will pass MW2 within 2016 and i believe that by the end of 2017 it will be number 1. GTA V isn't even three years old and the price for ps4 is still very high