Episode 6 giving off DanganRonpa vibes.

The entire theme and setting was giving off some serious DanganRonpa vibes all the way through, just no despair and stuff. Dang though, while I feel my choices didn't matter very much, I still liked it because it went with a DanganRonpa theme, and I don't see that much. At all.

Here's the trailer if you haven't played it:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PR6LbVsTpVE

I rather felt like chapter 6 was giving some serious Agatha Christie vibes. But I have not played DanganRonpa... And I need some easy trophy games for VITA. Is it any good? I don't know if I liked chapter 5 and 6 as much as chapter 1-4 thought.

• Like 1

So is the White Pumpkin forcing the other people to commit murder to gain the chance at freedom only to have their guilt exposed in a class trial where the murderer gets murdered? If not then it isn't like Danganronpa at all.

Also a side point. Who the fuck are any of those Voice Actors? The trailer made it seem like I should know who they are and buy the game because they are in it? I am guessing by the fact they are refusing to use real names that they are Youtube "celebrities" but TTG is banking on people actually having heard of these people before because maybe I am just not "with it" in the Youtube culture but I believe this is actually lower than thinking Reality TV Stars are "celebrities"

Edited by Dr_Mayus

• 1 month later...

So is the White Pumpkin forcing the other people to commit murder to gain the chance at freedom only to have their guilt exposed in a class trial where the murderer gets murdered? If not then it isn't like Danganronpa at all.

Also a side point. Who the fuck are any of those Voice Actors? The trailer made it seem like I should know who they are and buy the game because they are in it? I am guessing by the fact they are refusing to use real names that they are Youtube "celebrities" but TTG is banking on people actually having heard of these people before because maybe I am just not "with it" in the Youtube culture but I believe this is actually lower than thinking Reality TV Stars are "celebrities"

Quick googling suggests they are all youtubers with Minecraft channels with massive followings.  So it's a minecraft community thing.  If you're here for the minecraft you may know them, here for the telltale, probs not

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
On 09/06/2016 at 3:03 AM, A-Rebirth said:

I rather felt like chapter 6 was giving some serious Agatha Christie vibes. But I have not played DanganRonpa... And I need some easy trophy games for VITA. Is it any good? I don't know if I liked chapter 5 and 6 as much as chapter 1-4 thought.

That's interesting... My 8yo daughter likes to watch me play this & we both agreed that 5 & 6 were by far the best  episodes. I thought ep'6 was a bit cliched; I'd picked up on the 'bad guy' pretty much as soon as they rocked up so the dining room threw me for a bit. ;)  Nevertheless it was good light hearted fun.

Haven't played 7/8 yet, so hopefully they are good fun.