Battlefield or Call of Duty. What will you be preordering

DF007gamer

I get to ride horses and trample folks?  Battlefield for me LOL

Well if you put it that way :D

Have to say I'm still getting the IW because of it having MW remastered otherwise I wouldnt get it. Oh well......

DF007gamer.png

I enjoy both franchises for the most part, which is why I have both games pre-ordered for my PS4 when they arrive later this year in the Fall. Snagged the Early Enlister's Edition of Battlefield 1 (3-day early access to the game) and the special edition of Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare just so I could get my hands on the remastered Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare and the new Zombies in Spaceland mode.

I have played most of the Call of Duty games that have come out since Modern Warfare launched in contrast to the few Battlefield games I have played (Bad Company, Bad Company 2, BF3, BF4)

Edited by MossyOakRcn42
  • Like 1

COD never really liked the MP for Battlefield also COD 4 with trophies is awesome. I never really played COD 4 either so its like a brand new game for me as well. 

COD 4 trophies should be interesting I hope and thats the main reason me getting the Infinite Warfare bundle but I've been a fan of both franchises

DF007gamer.png

This year i am switching from COD to Battlefield. I've always been on CODs side but I'm done with future warfare. Just give me a gun, some legs and a big field. Not keen on vehicles either but It will do

This is basically my position as well.

Was a long-time CoD fan - and in general, I think that CoD is more of a pick-up and play shooter that is a lot easier to understand than any Battlefield game. I religiously played the modern warfare games, ghosts, and advanced warfare (although tbh I've never really been a fan of the black ops series.)

Anyway, after AW and BO3, I thought CoD had learned its lesson and realized they had gone too far with the futuristic B.S. I was hoping for Modern Warfare 4 or a World at War 2 type of game (yes, Infinity Ward is developing this year's game, but still.) Instead, they released the launch trailer for Call of Duty: Infinite Dislikes: the second most disliked video on YouTube just below Justin Bieber. It was time to jump ship.

My advice to you is to practice with Battlefield 4 - and don't worry about your KD or WL ratios since you're learning. Similar to you, I used to see vehicles as more of a distraction than a benefit. However, if you're really going to invest time in Battlefield now (and it's inevitable that you'll play a lot of conquest, which is Battlefield's signature mode) then you got to get used to using vehicles. At the very least, you can use them as mobile spawn points to get to various flags. Personally, I've learned to go on some nice killstreaks using tanks in BF4, and I really like vehicles now!

Battlefield 1, looking forward to playing that with some friends

Playing the Beta and looks like its going to be an awesome BF to be playing with friends although the beta doesn't have that option it seems it will be good. My preorder is in for BF. Have to wait for COD IW beta and should be interesting to see the difference.

DF007gamer.png

I know my previous answer on this thread was to not pre-order any of the games, but after playing the BF1 beta my mind has changed.

I've played so much of the beta and ever since yesterday i haven't had any issues with the game, it's so fun. I probably won't be buying Infinite Warfare since i already have Black Ops 3 to keep me company for a long while.

I haven't played a Battlefield game since 3 so i'm looking forward to the full release.

• Like 1

I know my previous answer on this thread was to not pre-order any of the games, but after playing the BF1 beta my mind has changed.

I've played so much of the beta and ever since yesterday i haven't had any issues with the game, it's so fun. I probably won't be buying Infinite Warfare since i already have Black Ops 3 to keep me company for a long while.

I haven't played a Battlefield game since 3 so i'm looking forward to the full release.

Have to agree with you. It's a great beta besides the the server issues we've had. Think it's change some COD to preorder BF instead

DF007gamer.png

Edited by DF007gamer

I got COD 4 MW on PS3 for free given from a friend , played a bit didn't appeal to me , put it towards reducing the price by 20 euros on my pre-order of MGS V : Phantom Pain on launch . 

Sure.

And why do you keep thinking you are superior for not playing games that most of the people do? Geez...

OP: I was going to pre-order BF1 but then they announced the price here in Brasil (something like 160$ for the game + Season Pass), so now i'll wait until the price drops.

Sure.

And why do you keep thinking you are superior for not playing games that most of the people do? Geez...

OP: I was going to pre-order BF1 but then they announced the price here in Brasil (something like 160$ for the game + Season Pass), so now i'll wait until the price drops.

What the hell are you talking about anyway ? Where do i state in my comment that i think i'm superior for not playing COD and BF ? I can't really see that . And for once i actually tried some titles from both series to make up my mind and found out that these kind of games are not my cup of tea and decided to put COD 4 MW which was a game in my possession since it was given free to me and buy MGS V in a more cheap launch price , which i'll get more fun out of it.

So before i state that i don't like BF or COD i played COD 4 MW , COD 2 MW , COD 3 MW and Advanced Warfare so far as for BF , i played BF 3 , 4 and Hardline , not really much of each game but that was enough to realize that i don't get much enjoyment of those games.

Edited by Jiaho24