Auto-armors

D4N11--

If I build armor with Auto-phoenix or Auto-protect or anything with auto-, does it apply to all characters in the party? or only the one guy who is wearing that armor? 

Another Question: Where can I get armor pieces with 4 Empty slots?

O'aka's brother (forgot the name), sells empty 4-slot armors and weapons after some point of the game (not sure if it's right after you get the airship or a bit later). He's on Macalania Woods, close to the exit for the Thunder Plains.

I think it's 100k Gil each.

Some monsters drop them too, and then you can get them with Ribbon from Dark Yojimbo or Dark Bahamut (the other Dark Aions usually add some not as nice stuff, like elemental proof..)..

• 4 years later...

For anyone else who might be interested in this Auto-Haste is a MUST have on all your armor. It is honestly the most important thing to have on any armor hands down. As far as the Auto-Phoenix, you only need to have it on two party members. For my armor I usually have Auto-Haste, Auto-Phoenix (just on two members), Auto-Protect, Ribbon. I used to have HP Break Limit but I have been reading some interesting guides that you can platinum the game without it. So I am trying that at the moment.

HP Break Limit is not very handy considering the amount of healing it takes to get you back up to par, not counting the fact that it takes up a crucial slot. However, HP Break and Auto-Regen go hand-in-hand quite well. In the end, the skill isn't bad—it's just not optimal. It's still viable though if you like seeing large numbers.

If you're not going to use Jojimbo, or whatever the goofball was called, going Auto-Haste/Phoenix/Potion/Ribbon is great. Just make sure that you only have X-Potions and no attack can kill you that's not 9,999 damage. With that said, Rikku should be in your party anyway during end-game, because her mixes can easily continue to give everyone Auto-Life.

And to answer your first question; it only applies to those wearing the armor. It also reinstates upon death, so you don't have to worry about losing it. You become ridiculously overpowered in end-game.