Platinum Rarity "Timeline"

For those who love statistics out there I'd love to see a platinum rarity "timeline" or whatever you want to call it.

Is there any way to display how the rarity of a platinum changed from month to month?

It could look like the "monthly activity" statistic in one's psnprofile.

Is there any chance to implement something like that for the rarity of plats? Or is it just me who'd love to see this?

post-86506-0-53164200-1465473259_thumb.png

• Like 1

It would be interesting because it would pretty much say when the game was on plus but otherwise...

IIRC, Sly said this was a feature before and he decided to remove because the graphs were all the same, the variations in rarity were way too small.

This is it. The graphs would be constant with 2 peaks: one when the game passes month after release and second when it ends up on Plus. (in other words, Japanese games would become constant constantly)

Plus once a server shuts down or a plat breaking glitch doesn't get fixed, it will never change at all.

It would still change, players who had online trophies before the server shutdown but not the plat could earn it and make the plat more common.

Likewise new people could start the game and be unable to earn the plat making it more rare.

However as others have said, in general, the plat value wouldn't deviate by much regardless

• Like 1

It was a feature for a while but I removed it after every graph looked like this (from 100% to its current rarity):

Ever tried running graphs of the "Popular Games This Week" data?

Might be interesting as games ebb & flow in popularity, end up on PS+, etc, esp. those with a long tail of trophy supported DLC. 

Although I appreciate that a trophy can only be earned once, so I expect peaks rather than a curve which might be more representative of whether people are actually playing.

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

I am a sucker for stats like this. It'd be nice if you could see a graph of the change in rarity for a platinum (or all trophies if you will).

Imagine a game is at %25 platinum rarity, then it gets added to PSPlus and it drops down to %20. Maybe have a monthly update or something. Just a thought.