trans siberian railway trophy - best method

barakmh

Hi all, the video below will show how you can make the awful grind a little less of a pain

the bad news is that if you are not part of the lucky ones that their EU account got the update with lowered requirement for the trophy mentioned above you will have to complete the distance towards the trophy - all 9289 KM

(* i've contacted the developers and asked them about the update and why only some got the update for this trophy and this is what they replied

"Way to go on the trophies! Yes, we submitted our update to PlayStation and they basically said no, it wasn't fair to people who had already achieved the trophy. So that particular update only happened for Xbox One. We've heard reports though that the change went through for some European PS4 owners, but we haven't confirmed it directly with anyone. If you loved Riptide GP2, we're pleased to tell you that we're working on Riptide GP: Renegade! It's coming out soon (we hope next month) and it has 8-player online multiplayer!" )

the good news is that you can make it a little less painfull by doing it while watchin TV -

1. plug your headset so you'll be able to hear the games' music and sound effects

2. set the course for spooky shores 1000cc

3  choose Rez because he has the boost ability

4. keep the R2 button pressed (hold it or rubberband would both do the trick)

5 every 2:30 minutes press the X button a few times to restart a new race you'll know the race is over when you stop hearing additional sound effects along with the music,

+ when you hit the X button for the first time you'll hear the sound of the money counting, you will need to continue pressing the x button until a new race starts, about 5 seconds of constant presses

6. you'll get about 3.8 KM progress for each race every 2:30 or so, this is the shortest track and still gives you a decent distance upon completion

hope that helps

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

9,289 km / 3.8 km per race = 2445 races

2445 races x 150 seconds per race = 366 671 seconds =  6112 minutes = 102 hours.

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME !?!?

Anyway, good tip... still better than playing this game for dozens of hours for no reason.

EDIT: Any better tips anybody? No way I'm doing this for 100+ hours. I'll be forced to buy a 60$ turbo controller  :(

Edited by Thropy_Croissant
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...
3 hours ago, stupid0089 said:

@Thropy_Croissant, did you happen to find any alternative methods to this trophy?  Or did you just continue to do races over and over?

Beach buggy racing is one game I wish I never bought. I ended up buying a turbo controller (HORI FPS PLUS) and I rubberbanded R2 to move foward while turboing X to restart races. For the 1% trophy, do an elimation race on one of the last maps (can't remember which one). It gives you 600 coins every 10 seconds and you can also turbo X to restart it. It took almost 150h of AFK to get those trophies. My stats kept getting erased every time I closed the app so I suggest you do it in one setting ? 

All in all, it's a very awful platinum and no I didn't find any better way BUT I don't regret buying the turbo controller. It works for both ps3 and ps4 and saved me almost 500h of gametime across dozens of games. Good luck on the plat if you ever end up going for it

• 6 months later...

I know this is an older post, but I'm playing this game right now and this info is relevant for anyone still looking to do this trophy.  While not an alternate method for the trophy, it is an alternate to buying a turbo controller. 

If you're like me and have a turbo controller that worked for PS3 (mine was a PS1 controller using a USB dongle) but doesn't for PS4 or didn't have one at all, and don't feel like spending the money on one, then you can still fake it as long as you have the following:

• Win 8.1 or Win 10 PC (or Mac, I hear that works too, but can't confirm)
  • ** or **
  • Win 7 and the willingness to use virtual machines
  • PS4 controller and charging cable
  • Rubber-band
  • Strong internet connection

If you have Win 8.1 or Win 10, then great!  The PS Remote App works with these Operating Systems.  If not, you'll need to run a Win 10 virtual machine.  If you're a Mac user I think only El Capitan and Sierra work, and I don't Mac, so I can't help you out here.  But as long as you meet these requirements, then move on to the 3rd step, if not, then follow along from the beginning.

1. If you have Win 7, you'll need to download a virtual machine (I recommend VirtualBox) and a free 90 day evaluation copy of Win 10 here
  2. Install your VM, save your copy of Win 10 to your hard drive and point your VM to it and get it up and running (this step can be rough, here's some instructions)
  3. After the VM installs Win 10, download and install the Playstation Remote App - you'll need to login to your PSN account and find your PS4, which should happen automatically on the same wi-fi network
  4. Now that you're up and running in Win 10 (native or virtually), and have the PS app installed, plug in your PS4 controller and wait for the drivers to install
  5. If you're running a VM, then you'll need to enable the controller within the virtual environment - to do this on VirtualBox, find the USB icon in the bottom right corner of the VM window and enable the 'Sony Wireless Controller'
  6. If all has gone well to this point you can use your DS4 on your PC through the Remote Play app, so make sure it's turned on and connected
  7. Start your game (in this instance, Beach Buggy Racing), find the track you want and hover over it, then complete the final steps below
  8. Get your rubber-band and rubber-band the R2 button
  9. Download an automatic button presser, I used this one - it's very easy to use, but might not seem that way on the surface. 
  10. Select the Start/Stop and Play hotkeys (I used F5, and Spacebar, respectively), then press the 'Set' button for each
  11. Press the Start/Stop hotkey (you'll see a countdown begin) and press 'Enter' once or twice a second for the next couple seconds, then press the Start/Stop hotkey again to accept these key presses and you should be all set
  12. Press the Play hotkey to begin auto-pressing the Enter button, then quickly put the Remote Play window on top

That's it, if done right, the R2 button on the controller will be held down so you accelerate on your own and the auto button presser software should press the Enter key on a regular time interval, automatically restarting the race for you over and over.  You can do this with either a short 2 lap race like Spooky Shores (3-4km every few minutes, plus 200 coins) or an elimination race (240 coins every 30 seconds, plus about 300-400 meters), as long as you're on the Typhoon Trophy races, otherwise the coin payout is less.

The only reason this works is because on a keyboard I only found 3 PS controller buttons that work: X (Enter), O (Esc), and Dpad (arrow keys), and despite trying to remap them through the PS4's accessibility menu, the keyboard didn't respond (I remapped R2 to O, yet Esc still worked as O).  If you need to button mash X, O, or Dpad for any game, this will work.  Sadly, if you need to press anything else, you'll have to use the controller.

Here's a screenshot of my setup below; I left it running overnight and accumulated 150,000 coins in about 6 hours doing elimination races:

20a5njk.jpg

If you have any questions, just ask and I'll try to answer them.  Again, this is only for PC, as I don't know much about Mac, so if you're trying to get it to work on Mac, I wish you the best of luck!

• Like 3

• 5 weeks later...
On 6/24/2017 at 8:21 PM, Thropy_Croissant said:

Beach buggy racing is one game I wish I never bought. I ended up buying a turbo controller (HORI FPS PLUS) and I rubberbanded R2 to move foward while turboing X to restart races. For the 1% trophy, do an elimation race on one of the last maps (can't remember which one). It gives you 600 coins every 10 seconds and you can also turbo X to restart it. It took almost 150h of AFK to get those trophies. My stats kept getting erased every time I closed the app so I suggest you do it in one setting 1f613.png 

All in all, it's a very awful platinum and no I didn't find any better way BUT I don't regret buying the turbo controller. It works for both ps3 and ps4 and saved me almost 500h of gametime across dozens of games. Good luck on the plat if you ever end up going for it

600 coins only if you win the match which is more then 10 seconds
just finish in last place and get a few hundred which is only a few seconds