Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
steelsammy

Dragon Age III: Inquisition

11 posts in this topic

http://www.g4tv.com/...g-in-late-2013/

Dragon Age 3: Inquisition, the third game in BioWare's Dragon Age franchise, will be released on late 2013. According to BioWare and EA, the game will combines "the storytelling legacy BioWare is known for" with "deep RPG gameplay." It will be built on a new RPG game engine "underpinned by EA’s critically-acclaimed Frostbite 2 technology."

“The Dragon Age team has been working on Dragon Age 3: Inquisition for almost two years now,” said Aaryn Flynn, General Manager of BioWare Edmonton and BioWare Montreal in a statement. “We’ve been poring over player feedback from past games and connecting directly with our fans. They haven’t held back, so we’re not either. With Dragon Age 3: Inquisition, we want to give fans what they’re asking for – a great story with choices that matter, a massive world to explore, deep customization and combat that is both tactical and visceral.”

I'd love to be able to tell you more -- show some pictures and maybe a video -- but there is no more to tell at the present. As soon as we get any more information, we'll let you know.

Edited by SteelSammy

all they need to do is combine DA:O's storytelling, customization and all that with the more console-friendly gameplay of DA2, along with the better menus (organization-wise) and itll be good.......but throw in Frostbite engine, and this could be a dam good game....could.....not like we will be destroying a lot of fences and buildings, but it could mean some nice effects off magic use.

It really is nice to see the engine being used for more than just Battlefield/FPS games....NFS, the next Red Alert, now an RPG......man i love Frostbite 2.0

all they need to do is combine DA:O's storytelling, customization and all that with the more console-friendly gameplay of DA2, along with the better menus (organization-wise) and itll be good.......but throw in Frostbite engine, and this could be a dam good game....could.....not like we will be destroying a lot of fences and buildings, but it could mean some nice effects off magic use.

It really is nice to see the engine being used for more than just Battlefield/FPS games....NFS, the next Red Alert, now an RPG......man i love Frostbite 2.0

I still maintain that Frostbite one was better. You could virtually destroy everything. And I also still maintain that Source Engine is the best engine around.

I still maintain that Frostbite one was better. You could virtually destroy everything. And I also still maintain that Source Engine is the best engine around.

Source Engine? not familiar with the games that is used in...as for the others, i like 2.0 a bit better, the graphics are very good, and when i tried the NFS:Run demo, i loved how realistic the dirt and snow tracks would react on the car (compared to most other NFS games and racing games like it)

Glad that a Dragon Age III has finally been confirmed, I was afraid this one was going to become vaporware after Dragon Age II's lukewarm to bad reception.

Source Engine? not familiar with the games that is used in...as for the others, i like 2.0 a bit better, the graphics are very good, and when i tried the NFS:Run demo, i loved how realistic the dirt and snow tracks would react on the car (compared to most other NFS games and racing games like it)

It's used for games like Portal, Half-Life, Team Fortress 2, etc. Anything Valve makes uses that Source Engine.

Anyways, I do not really care at all for Dragon Age III and probably will skip out on it just like II.

I hope they don't go overboard trying to cram in "cameos" -- it seemed you couldn't swing a dead cat in DA2 (or Awakenings, for that matter) without hitting someone who appeared in the original in some fashion. One or two is alright, but did they really need to turn Kirkwall into the vacation/retirement community for Origins?

Having read the article at GameSpot on this, I also find the discussion of co-op worrisome. If they're going to put in semi-mandatory co-op -- either for trophies, or to earn stuff/bonuses you can't accumulate through normal, offline RPG play -- it's going to be a major turn-off for me.

I hope when I press a button something awesome happens.

I played a good few hours of dragon age 2 when it first came out and I loved it but I put it down and never picked it back up... Maybe I should go back to it.