Racing games suggestion.

Pinguim_Ocupado

Ok, i'm not into racing games, it's not the kinda of games that i play everytime, but i think i need to give it a try.  :huh:

I would like to play something just to have fun, and don't have hard times for getting 100% on it.

No "childish" racing games, like Little Big Planet Karting, please.
Any suggestions for PS3 games??  :D

Ok, i'm not into racing games, it's not the kinda of games that i play everytime, but i think i need to give it a try.  :huh:

I would like to play something just to have fun, and don't have hard times for getting 100% on it.

No "childish" racing games, like Little Big Planet Karting, please.

Any suggestions for PS3 games??  :D

Are you looking for more Arcade racing or Simulation racing?

Re-reading your comment makes it seem like you want something more Arcade like. NFS Most Wanted is pretty fun with an easy plat. Burnout Paradise and Split/Second are some other good titles. Maybe even BLUR but the plat might a little hard due to no player base.

Edited by skateak
  • Like 1

Re-reading your comment makes it seem like you want something more Arcade like. NFS Most Wanted is pretty fun with an easy plat. Burnout Paradise and Split/Second are some other good titles. Maybe even BLUR but the plat might a little hard due to no player base.

Blur's player base is way bigger than Split/Second's. Or so it was last year, anyway xD.

Grid Autosport is one hell of a game, you'll love it. The plat is hard though.

There's Also Grid 2 and the F1 games.

Edited by XchocomanX
  • Like 1

Yeah, something more arcade seens pretty good! I'll take a look on these games, thanks!

Blur's player base is way bigger than Split/Second's. Or so it was last year, anyway xD.

Grid Autosport is one hell of a game, you'll love it. The plat is hard though.

There's Also Grid 2 and the F1 games.

Well, i'll pass so, it's a genre that i usually dont play, i do not want to risk too much. But thanks for the suggestion!

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit was a lot of fun. You should try it.

Ok, so Most Wanted and Hot Pursuit are some of the goodies on NfS series..

I'll take a look.  :D

If you want a fun racing game you can't go wrong with burnout and need for speed hot pursuit.

Oh, you're the second that suggest Hot Pursuit. What in your opinnion, are the good points on this title?

Ok, so Most Wanted and Hot Pursuit are some of the goodies on NfS series..

I'll take a look.  :D

Oh, you're the second that suggest Hot Pursuit. What in your opinnion, are the good points on this title?

Being a cop and hitting someone with a spike strip is very satisfying, even more so if it is another player but the servers are probably empty by now. Nice selection of cars with a fun open wold to race around. Pretty easy plat. I would skip The Run and Rivals though. The Run has some nice vistas but something is off about the racing as a whole and isn't that great. As for Rivals, I have heard the PS3 version has some pretty bad technical problems. I platted it on PS4 but I still wouldn't even recommend it l unless you just loved NFS. Also, stay away from the NFS Shift series. 

Forgot about Grid 2, fun game with an achievable platinum. I was able to get it without too much effort. Haven't played Autosport though.

Dirt 3 is another fun game. Should be able to find it for fairly cheap now.

Motorstorm Apocalypse is fun too. Should also be pretty cheap.

Edited by skateak
  • Like 1

2 games instantly came to my mind after reading your description

Need for Speed Shift - I think the perfect racing game, combining many elements what you are looking for

Midnight Club Los Angeles- completely different then the previous title I mentioned

• Like 1

Burnout Paradise, full stop. Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit is great as well.

Burnout Paradise is an amazing game with tons of stuff to do.

Hot Pursuit is almost a spiritual successor to Paradise, but in the NFS mold.

If you ever get a PS4, from least arcade-y to most: The Crew, Trackmania Turbo, Table Top Racing World Tour.

The Crew is the game that finally replaced Burnout Paradise as my favourite racing game.

Started Trackmania yesterday and I'm really enjoying it, even though the car handling isn't great.

Table Top Racing was free last month on PS+. I thought I wouldn't enjoy it but since it was free I started it anyway, I enjoyed myself from start to finish.

• Like 1

Blur is my favorite racing game ever. It's like a grown up Mario Kart. One great thing about it is you don't have to deal with upgrading/customizing your cars. You can change your mod load out and color.

I also really like Split Second, but the online is stupid. Not hard, just very poorly thought out. It's actually faster to boost doe everyone the more people you have but good luck getting lot than 2 or 3 people to work on it.

Edited by Hemiak
  • Like 1

Being a cop and hitting someone with a spike strip is very satisfying, even more so if it is another player but the servers are probably empty by now. Nice selection of cars with a fun open wold to race around. Pretty easy plat. I would skip The Run and Rivals though. The Run has some nice vistas but something is off about the racing as a whole and isn't that great. As for Rivals, I have heard the PS3 version has some pretty bad technical problems. I platted it on PS4 but I still wouldn't even recommend it l unless you just loved NFS. Also, stay away from the NFS Shift series. 

Forgot about Grid 2, fun game with an achievable platinum. I was able to get it without too much effort. Haven't played Autosport though.

Dirt 3 is another fun game. Should be able to find it for fairly cheap now.

Motorstorm Apocalypse is fun too. Should also be pretty cheap.

This is a good reason! Well, i was searching these games, and i got interested by Hot Pursuit. Many people enjoy, not so expensive here, and maybe i have some people that can help me, already! Thanks ^^ 

2 games instantly came to my mind after reading your description

Need for Speed Shift - I think the perfect racing game, combining many elements what you are looking for

Midnight Club Los Angeles- completely different then the previous title I mentioned

Oh, i'll take a look on Midnight Club. Thanks! 

Burnout Paradise, full stop. Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit is great as well.

Burnout Paradise is an amazing game with tons of stuff to do.

Hot Pursuit is almost a spiritual successor to Paradise, but in the NFS mold.

If you ever get a PS4, from least arcade-y to most: The Crew, Trackmania Turbo, Table Top Racing World Tour.

The Crew is the game that finally replaced Burnout Paradise as my favourite racing game.

Started Trackmania yesterday and I'm really enjoying it, even though the car handling isn't great.

Table Top Racing was free last month on PS+. I thought I wouldn't enjoy it but since it was free I started it anyway, I enjoyed myself from start to finish.

Okay! My choice will be Hot Pursuit, almost everyone like it! And well, i'll get a PS4, but don't know exactly when.

And for now, i'll just give a chance to Hot Pursuit, other racing games, maybe on the future.. but thanks!!! 

Blur is my favorite racing game ever. It's like a grown up Mario Kart. One great thing about it is you don't have to deal Ruth uografing/customizing your cars. You can change your mod load out and color.

I also really like Split Second, but the online is stupid. Not hard, just very poorly thought out. It's actually faster to boost doe everyone the more people you have but good luck getting lot than 2 or 3 people to work on it.

I see! I was watching some videos from Blur, looks great too!

Edited by Pinguim_Ocupado

This is a good reason! Well, i was searching these games, and i got interested by Hot Pursuit. Many people enjoy, not so expensive here, and maybe i have some people that can help me, already! Thanks ^^ 

Oh, i'll take a look on Midnight Club. Thanks! 

Okay! My choice will be Hot Pursuit, almost everyone like it! And well, i'll get a PS4, but don't know exactly when.

And for now, i'll just give a chance to Hot Pursuit, other racing games, maybe on the future.. but thanks!!! 

I see! I was watching some videos from Blur, looks great too!

Just be aware that the servers for Midnight Club are closed so there's no possibility to play the multiplayer (and obtain the platinum, if you care for them).

Oh and I just want to give an additional vote for Hot Pursuit (and Burnout Paradise!!!)

• Like 1

I think you guys are confusing Hot Pursuit with Most Wanted when talking about spiritual successors of Burnout Paradise.

Technical problems with Rivals on PS3? Well, Undercover crashed/froze a LOT more...

Most Wanted may be more in line with what Paradise exactly was but Hot Pursuit was much more fun, and it's like the love child between Burnout Paradise and the best NFS game before Hot Pursuit - the first Hot Pursuit.

Just be aware that the servers for Midnight Club are closed so there's no possibility to play the multiplayer (and obtain the platinum, if you care for them).

Oh and I just want to give an additional vote for Hot Pursuit (and Burnout Paradise!!!)

Oh, thanks for the advise! I'll pass, 'cause i actually care a lot about the platinum lol

The games that i don't have a platinum or a 100% on my list, well, it's just a question of time  B)

Thank you for the vote! 

If you are looking for the game more than the trophies: DiRT saga (The first one has no trophies and the second of the saga has a trophy, which you need to log in to DIRTNET and the service of that game is no more supported by that, you can play online, but you can't get the full experience)

Also are good Need FOr Speed Most Wanted And Hot Pursuit, Grid 2 and GT5

It doesn't look like your a Completionist so I would recommend the Crew. It's a LONG road to platinum, I'm a 100 hours in and still have 10+ trophies to go, but the game is really fun with many layers. Story missions, skill contests, free drive, MP play, MP co-op, variety of cars for varied terrain. Any time you need a change of pace, there's something else to do - including explore! It really is a beautiful game with an enormous map. AND, it's on sale this weekend at the Playstation store!

BUT, easy platinum it is not :(

• 1 month later...

The great

Burnout Paradise, Need for Speed: Most Wanted (both made by Criterion games, awesome developer)

GRID 2, DiRT 3

DRIVER San Francisco

Midnight Club: Los Angeles

MOTORSTORM: APOCALYPSE

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit

Blur

The good / average

Need for Speed: Rivals

Shift 2 Unleashed

Split/Second

Test Drive Unlimited 2

WipEout HD

F1 2012

The ugly

GRID Autosport

Need for Speed: The Run

(both these games are incredibly boring and repetitive)

Edited by dweezil_inc
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...