SNES: Titles owned and recommendations

Oobedoob S Benubi

Unirally / Uniracers: a great underrated unicycle race game with speed, tricks and rock'n'roll.

Prehistorik Man: a very nice platformer game, beautiful, nice sountrack and tons of levels. The only good game from Titus I think.

Tetris Attack: a nice puzzle game where you swap panels, in Yoshi's universe.

Super Pang / Super Buster Bros.: the old good arcade game in which you pop bouncing ballons.

Also, The Lost Vikings 1 and 2, Dragon Ball Z Hyper Dimension, Desert Strike, a Bomberman (I don't know which one to advise)

Edited by NekoSlash

• 2 months later...

If any of you are interested in replaying some of your own old consoles, I created an event to get us back to the gaming roots.

I played through Donkey Kong Country today, by the way. Still a classic. Never played the other two as much, going to try them soon (during the event, actually).

Secret of Mana is fantastic, the mode 7 was mind blowing back in the day.

Pocky and Rocky 1 and 2, fun robotron 2048 type shooter

Jikkyō Oshaberi Parodius, Konami used to be good at something

Kirby Dreamcourse, It's kirby, its golf? It's good

Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3, Best Konsol Mortal Kombat imo

Final Fight, needs no introduction

Sonic Wings, Neo Geo shooter on Snes = fun

So many more, just so so many more.

E.V.O. Search for Eden

Awesome suggestion.  I had so much fun with this little known gem.

Breath of Fire 1 and 2

IMO, 2 is the best game in the series and so much fun.

Great suggestions from everyone!  Not a lot for me to add that hasn't been covered already.

Awesome suggestion.  I had so much fun with this little known gem.

IMO, 2 is the best game in the series and so much fun.

Great suggestions from everyone!  Not a lot for me to add that hasn't been covered already.

Agreed, I lean more towards 2 as well, the first game is really punishing if you don't grind heavily.

Let's see if I can come up with some that haven't been mentioned too many times...

Actraiser

Actraiser 2 (to a lesser extent)

Jurassic Park

Hook

The Firemen

Legend of Mystical Ninja

Aladdin

King Arthur and the Knights of Justice

Marvel Super Heroes War of the Gems

Skyblazer

Spiderman Maximum Carnage

The Tick

Star Fox

True Lies

Lost Vikings

Tetris Attack

Pilotwings

They're all really great, well made games, that are an absolute blast to play. And with the exception of Star Fox and Pilotwings, they've all aged extremely well. Especially Skyblazer, that's just a top notch game, even by today's standards IMO.

Edit : Can't believe I forgot Illusion of Gaia... Easily one of my favorite games of the SNES era.

Edited by KingGuy420

@BillyHorrible - This thread has inspired me to buy a composite to hdmi converter on the weekend. I'm now playing original Nes, Snes and N64 at 1080p. It was worth every cent. I have one of those old school Floppy Disc copy devices for the Snes (Super Ufo Pro 8), it's stuck in the Snes so luckily I have a box of snes games on floppy. Most of the carts have either turned yellow or had one half turn yellow. I'll do some surgery and see if I can get the pirate device out, You can't get floppies any more so I can't really copy my carts.

Here's a picture of the copy device

UdLzo.jpg

• Like 1

@BillyHorrible - This thread has inspired me to buy a composite to hdmi converter on the weekend. I'm now playing original Nes, Snes and N64 at 1080p. It was worth every cent. I have one of those old school Floppy Disc copy devices for the Snes (Super Ufo Pro 8), it's stuck in the Snes so luckily I have a box of snes games on floppy. Most of the carts have either turned yellow or had one half turn yellow. I'll do some surgery and see if I can get the pirate device out, You can't get floppies any more so I can't really copy my carts.

Here's a picture of the copy device

UdLzo.jpg

Nice going, and good luck with getting your Ufo Pro out!

Let me know if you want to join this event with some of your games on original cartridges, the three consoles you mention are all accepted for the event (but emulation is not accepted).

• Like 1

Nice going, and good luck with getting your Ufo Pro out!

Let me know if you want to join this event with some of your games on original cartridges, the three consoles you mention are all accepted for the event (but emulation is not accepted).

Yeah I'd like to join the event, I know I've got a Super Famicom (Replace the snes) and I might be the odd one out and throw in a 3d0 just for Luciennes quest. I'll post on the Golden Oldies thread once I've figured it out. I have all the old consoles from 2600 > N64.

• Like 1