Episode 3 Glitches

dernop

Hi,

anyone else experienced glitches/freezes etc. on episode 3 (PS4)?

seemed like some scenes weren't playing properly and in one of the "nightmare"/hallucination sequences, where you have to open a door, the trigger for the door didn't work and i couldn't continue the game.

also the trophy for completing chapter 3 of episode 3 didn't pop.

i had to reinstall the game and start a new save on episode three until it finally worked. 

so now i have chapter 3 completed after 4 through 7... hacker confirmed! :P

really thought this was just a ps3 problem with those sometimes-glitchy telltale games and it was finally over on ps4 :(

oh well, was a nice, short game tho'!

I experienced nothing game-breaking but the characters were twitchy from time to time, especially in the wrong moments.

Nothing as bad as what I experienced in Game Of Thrones, where some textures would remain entirely black.

Literally just completed episode 4 myself now, didn't run into this problem. Must be a rare circumstance, all of my trophies popped correctly and the game worked about as well as any other Telltale game. 

That's an amazing accomplishment since there is no episode 4...

• Like 2

It's a Telltale game. They all run like shit. They need to stop spewing their shit and fix their engine.

Agreed, it's kind of bizarre how long they keep going on their old engine. To think that Heavy Rain was actually released before Telltale's Jurassic Park, and it still runs better than their newest titles...

Their main claim to success is being able to write fairly decent stories and dialogue in popular franchises.

• 3 weeks later...

also the trophy for completing chapter 3 of episode 3 didn't pop.

i had to reinstall the game and start a new save on episode three until it finally worked. 

so now i have chapter 3 completed after 4 through 7... hacker confirmed! :P

This just happened to me.  And when I went to chapter select, Chapter 4 is where Chapter 3 should be.  Deleted the save file entirely and am starting episode 3 over again.  Fingers crossed.

• 6 months later...
On 27/6/2016 at 6:22 AM, themindisacity said:

This just happened to me.  And when I went to chapter select, Chapter 4 is where Chapter 3 should be.  Deleted the save file entirely and am starting episode 3 over again.  Fingers crossed.

same here. looks like a common glitch :( did you solve it by just deleting the save file and restarting the episode?

• 5 years later...