New "Berserk" game might be in the works.

Omega force is working on a new game which just me be a new Berserk title. Seeing as how the new Berserk anime is coming in July, the news of companion game would coincide perfectly.

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/06/06/omega-force-teases-brutal-title-musou-history/

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/06/10/omega-force-teaser-starting-look-lot-like-berserk-musou/

Here's some gameplay footage right now.

Pretty controversial choice to develop the game on PS1, but i'm interested to see where they'll take this.

Edited by Happy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm surprised i didn't hear much about it.So is it going to be hack & slash or RPG?Man,i wish CD Projekt made a Berserk game

Hack & Slash. It's being made by Omega Force, developers of the "Warriors" games (f.e. Dynasty Warriors) and the gameplay will be largely the same to those, though they have added specific movesets that fit each character and a kind of Fury Mode that's different for each character. Basically, the game consists of big battles with lots of enemies in large levels, with cut-scenes thrown in between.I think I read somewhere that those cut-scenes are taken straight out of the Golden Age films (2012 - 2013)

Hack & Slash. It's being made by Omega Force, developers of the "Warriors" games (f.e. Dynasty Warriors) and the gameplay will be largely the same to those, though they have added specific movesets that fit each character and a kind of Fury Mode that's different for each character. Basically, the game consists of big battles with lots of enemies in large levels, with cut-scenes thrown in between.I think I read somewhere that those cut-scenes are taken straight out of the Golden Age films (2012 - 2013)

I'm not familiar with the Warriors games.It's a shame it's not at least like a Souls game.By your description i assume it's like DMC & GoW?

I'm not familiar with the Warriors games.It's a shame it's not at least like a Souls game.By your description i assume it's like DMC & GoW?

Not really, dynasty warriors games throw hundreds of mostly stupid AI on the screen that you easily cut down, and you pretty much do that in every single level until you fight leaders/bosses.

Here's some gameplay footage right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ih2-9HwHlpw

Pretty controversial choice to develop the game on PS1, but i'm interested to see where they'll take this.

Can you provide clarification on this? I looked everywhere and haven't seen anything about a PSOne version.

Can you provide clarification on this? I looked everywhere and haven't seen anything about a PSOne version.

I was just messing around. I posted that around the time they first released the PV for the currently airing Berserk anime. People were making fun of the outdated looking CG, which is why i compared it to a PS1 game. The trailer doesn't have anything to do with the actual game though.

I was just messing around. I posted that around the time they first released the PV for the currently airing Berserk anime. People were making fun of the outdated looking CG, which is why i compared it to a PS1 game. The trailer doesn't have anything to do with the actual game though.

Ohh okay. I think the CGI looks fine.

Edited by Rin Kagamine

• 2 weeks later...